TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will Shelby make my GT 500 the way I want it.

I have owned a Shelby GT(a perfectly balanced car) since last spring and picked up my GT 500(notice I did not include Shelby) last Saturday. I would simply like to take it out to Shelby and have the suspension upgraded, have a quick shift like the one on the Shelby GT added, and an exhaust that sounds as good as the Shelby GT. I have called out there and it seems they only want to give me the anniversary package or the super snake package the only problem is I do not want plain carbon fiber on my car and I do not want 20 inch rims and I refuse to spend $30,000 on a car that I have already paid for. I simply want a suspension that will take out the wheel hop, allow me to drive it like I stole it with out dieing, a center plaque with a registration number on it, a nice crisp shifter and an exhaust that makes it sound like a real muscle car should; and I do not want any body but Shelby touching it to insure future value. Can this be done will Shelby make my GT 500 into a Shelby GT 500 that drives like my Shelby GT with out getting the rest of the parts that come with the packages? Don't get me wrong I do love my GT 500 the power is unquestionable I just want to be able to use it. If any one can help answer my question at Shelby or another owner I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Lance

I have owned a Shelby GT(a perfectly balanced car) since last spring and picked up my GT 500(notice I did not include Shelby) last Saturday. I would simply like to take it out to Shelby and have the suspension upgraded, have a quick shift like the one on the Shelby GT added, and an exhaust that sounds as good as the Shelby GT. I have called out there and it seems they only want to give me the anniversary package or the super snake package the only problem is I do not want plain carbon fiber on my car and I do not want 20 inch rims and I refuse to spend $30,000 on a car that I have already paid for. I simply want a suspension that will take out the wheel hop, allow me to drive it like I stole it with out dieing, a center plaque with a registration number on it, a nice crisp shifter and an exhaust that makes it sound like a real muscle car should; and I do not want any body but Shelby touching it to insure future value. Can this be done will Shelby make my GT 500 into a Shelby GT 500 that drives like my Shelby GT with out getting the rest of the parts that come with the packages? Don't get me wrong I do love my GT 500 the power is unquestionable I just want to be able to use it. If any one can help answer my question at Shelby or another owner I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Lance

Do the FRPP suspension package as well as the muffler.

As Luisa said just add the FRPP supension either yourself or a dealer you trust. I put the FRPP short shifter and the FRPP SVT mufflers (These are going to be on the KR) on also. The value thing, having Shelby work on it ,aside from the Actual cars they are "Modding" is not going to be there.

kinda sounds like you want to do the cheapest upgrades avaible so that you can get a CSM number for your car. i dont have a problem with that, but that is what it sounds like. i think later on you might be able to take your and have mods done to it, but that will not get you a CSM number. just parts installed at SAI.

michael morris

kinda sounds like you want to do the cheapest upgrades avaible so that you can get a CSM number for your car. i dont have a problem with that, but that is what it sounds like. i think later on you might be able to take your and have mods done to it, but that will not get you a CSM number. just parts installed at SAI.

michael morris

Do you know if Shelby is going to have painted carbon fiber parts that match the color(which is black with white stripes) of my car that is my main issue with the anniversary package. I can not get the Super snake package my wife thinks it will be to dangerous(I had to sell her on the investment idea to get the car in the first place). Tanks for the info.

Lance

Do you know if Shelby is going to have painted carbon fiber parts that match the color(which is black with white stripes) of my car that is my main issue with the anniversary package. I can not get the Super snake package my wife thinks it will be to dangerous(I had to sell her on the investment idea to get the car in the first place). Tanks for the info.

Lance

they are not painted from SAI, but i guess you could paint them later

michael morris

Archived