TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Would you change color??

gofastguy

I have found a great deal on an SGT after lots of looking over the past few months. The only problem is that it's the "wrong" color. I am wondering if you who already own these, would switch colors if you had the chance to save a couple thousand?

Thanks for your input...

We all have our favorite colors for the SGT. Most of us bought and own the one we like best. For me, there is no such thing as a wrong color for the SGT. I would take any of them as they are all beautiful cars and they are all Shelbys.

If it's the wrong color for you than it's the wrong color. Wait and find the one you want.

I own a Black car. I vowed to never own a black car in the past and it is a ton of work to clean. But it is my Shelby and after almost a year of ownership I can't imagine it not being Black! That has been my experience.

I have found a great deal on an SGT after lots of looking over the past few months. The only problem is that it's the "wrong" color. I am wondering if you who already own these, would switch colors if you had the chance to save a couple thousand?

Thanks for your input...

I would buy the black or the blue but not the white. My black is pain to keep clean but it is not my daily driver and, to me, looks so much better than white when it's clean.

I like both the Black and the Performance White. I think they are equally stunning however I've owned black cars before. Although I actually enjoy cleaning and polishing a car such as the Shelby I can enjoy the ease of keeping the white looking good especially on a trip. Having said that, if the SGT were offered in the same red as the GT 500, that would be my choice ;)

Jim

Thanks for your input...

Mine is white and I am very pleased with the color. I have seen black blue & white in person. Have only seen photos of the orange. Does the car with the deal make you happy? If not,continue to try and buy the car in your choice of color. This is a one shot deal for a lot of us so make it what you want.

Not sure if this answers your question.

HTH,

Rich

So, the white are the faster ones...I asked the salesperson, but he wasn't sure. He probably just wanted to get me to buy the black. It turns out that my wife who's taken quite a liking to the Mustangs since we got married, also likes the black ones better which might be enough to make me drive the black one home tomorrow...

So, the white are the faster ones...I asked the salesperson, but he wasn't sure. He probably just wanted to get me to buy the black. It turns out that my wife who's taken quite a liking to the Mustangs since we got married, also likes the black ones better which might be enough to make me drive the black one home tomorrow...

I would have been VERY tempted to buy a black one had it not been for the wheels. I was set to order black until I saw an early one in the showroom with the black wheels and it just didn't do anything for me. I know I'm in the minority but I really liked the look of the black prototype with the Silver wheels.

I have black. Some days I regret it when I have to do a weekly wipe and shine before parking her but then the sun hits just right and it seems you can see into the future from the way the black clearcoat captures and holds the reflection of it's surroundings.

So no, I wouldn't change.

I know I'm in the minority but I really liked the look of the black prototype with the Silver wheels.

I prefer the silver as well but alas, I do not make the final decision on the car.....

I would have been VERY tempted to buy a black one had it not been for the wheels. I was set to order black until I saw an early one in the showroom with the black wheels and it just didn't do anything for me. I know I'm in the minority but I really liked the look of the black prototype with the Silver wheels.

Well that makes at least 2 of us that prefer the silver wheels on the black <_<

Jim

Well that makes at least 2 of us that prefer the silver wheels on the black <_<

Jim

Make that three! I had actually ordered the black in November. When I found out about the black wheel switch, I went to my dealer and changed the color selection to white, while adding a couple of options. My personal preference; no offense to those who love the black wheels. I have since determined that the white car a.) sits lower b.) has more power c.) gets better gas mileage d.) has an extra year of warranty and e.) has more interior room. Plus, the white includes paddle shifters standard and it includes free lifetime oil changes and tire rotations. Okay, I am getting a little carried away...but I do prefer the silver wheels.

We all have our favorite colors for the SGT. Most of us bought and own the one we like best. For me, there is no such thing as a wrong color for the SGT. I would take any of them as they are all beautiful cars and they are all Shelbys.

If it's the wrong color for you than it's the wrong color. Wait and find the one you want.

I own a Black car. I vowed to never own a black car in the past and it is a ton of work to clean. But it is my Shelby and after almost a year of ownership I can't imagine it not being Black! That has been my experience.

+1, very well said.

I do love the GO SGT too, but then I love them all.

When I ordered mine at the dealership in February, I asked if they could try to order it in the gray color (forgot the name now) but it wouldn't go through. Plus, I had John Walker on the phone walking the salesman through the order so it wouldn't have passed through him anyway.

I just got off the phone and have a deposit on the black one. When I found out that the wife preferred black and wants one almost as much as I do, I couldn't pass up the deal.

Thanks for all your input...I had no idea the white ones were so much better--that must be why they discounted the black one so much!

It was love at first sight, and you can't change this kind of love.

That's the way it was for me when I saw the black SGT in the showroom. AWESOME!

It was love at first sight, and you can't change this kind of love.

That's the way it was for me when I saw the black SGT in the showroom. AWESOME!

Black here love color but would prefer polished wheels as in original pictures but the black wheels have grown on me would have liked to have white with blue stripes or the color of my 67 blue with white but all colors look good

I was actually happy to see the black cars with black wheels on them. The polished lip set off with the black centers works really well for me! There are acouple guys with white SGTs in my neck of the woods and I have to say... The BLACK ones are faster! -LOL

Archived