TEAM SHELBY FORUM

wheels

stg

If someone used clip on weights on your wheels they have a metal clip. First take that person out and shoot him second replace weights with the appropriate type and hope the others didn't leave a scar :)

yeah, plus with the clip on ones you have metal to metal contact and who knows how they will react to each other. I had these wheels on my 05 and they don't rust. Something is wrong or the wheel are terribly defective.

I did see an entire set of 4 black ones off an SGT for $499 on ebay today! :rolleyes:

Is this some kind of joke?

The lug nuts are chromed steel, and can rust if worn/abused by wobbling in the socket. If so, the rust can dribble out to become visible on the wheel. Check your lug nut torque? A loose nut could leave some trace of rust, but you should be able to wipe it off.

I don't get this question, really feels like we are getting our strings pulled.

Any pics of this "rust"?

Is this some kind of joke?

The lug nuts are chromed steel, and can rust if worn/abused by wobbling in the socket. If so, the rust can dribble out to become visible on the wheel. Check your lug nut torque? A loose nut could leave some trace of rust, but you should be able to wipe it off.

I don't get this question, really feels like we are getting our strings pulled.

Any pics of this "rust"?

Plus the weights are made of lead, I believe, which also doesn't rust. Perhaps it's the clip used to clip the weights to the wheels?

Ditto everyone else. Aluminum wheels don't rust. SGTs come from the factory with the inner (not outer) stick on lead squares as weights, so this shouldn't be a problem. If someone used outer clip on weights, they should be shot on sight. The lug nuts really shouldn't be a problem unless they have been damaged. Only things left are the lug bolts and the brake rotors, but I find it hard to believe these would cause an issue that is confused with the wheel itself rusting. In summary, if you are concerned, take it to your local Ford dealer.

black Wheels have rust, help anybody , or can they be replaced :angry:

Come on Stg. Show us a pic of the rusting wheel <_< Inquiring minds want to know.

Jim

Archived