TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Delivery Time for anyone with an 07?

UltimateGoKart

Hey guys,

I'm new here, but I recently ordered an '07 Mustang GT in torch red (I love the Grabber Orange, but having never seen it in person, I wasn't brave enough to order it...) with a 5 speed. Anyway, I got the VIN and build date from my salesman, but he couldn't give me an estimate on the delivery date. I ordered the car on July 10 and the build date is August 7. Now I'm just curious how long it takes on average for the car to get from the factory to my local dealer. I'm in southern Louisiana if that makes any difference.

I've been through and read almost every thread on the forums trying to sift out this information, and all I've found so far is that it took pitpup 4 weeks before his was delivered. His thread led me to believe this is an above average amount of time, however.

I just read about calling the ERL, also, and I plan on doing that in the near future to see if she can tell me anything. In the meantime, any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Guest evilchris

ERL will give you a delivery estimate. My car is scheduled the same week as yours, August 7th. I also have an ETA at San Diego dealer of Aug 16.

ERL will give you a delivery estimate. My car is scheduled the same week as yours, August 7th. I also have an ETA at San Diego dealer of Aug 16.

EvilChris,

I ordered on 7/11. Am now "as of Aug 7 locked in for production week of Aug 7, ETA dealership week of Aug 15." VIN 1ZVHT85H075225908 :beerchug:

Guest evilchris

EvilChris,

I ordered on 7/11. Am now "as of Aug 7 locked in for production week of Aug 7, ETA dealership week of Aug 15." VIN 1ZVHT85H075225908 :beerchug:

Cool. My VIN is 1ZVHT82H975223255

Perfect. I ordered on July 5th and no build date. :rant:

Even worse off here. I ordered mine June 21st...still no VIN or build date. The dealer told me to check back again on Thursday.

I hope I see it before the snow starts to fly. :shrug:

Guest evilchris

I may have my guy do a dealer search and try to find something close.

I can take the spoiler off if I have to.

Ruf completely list your order...all the way down to wheel locks

Easy - deluxe - leather (black ext & charcoal leather) - interior upgrade (with the carbon-fibre style dash) - 5 spd man - standard 17" rims. That's it. I would be okay with the Shaker 500 - or perhaps the 3.55's.

Why?

Guest evilchris

Easy - deluxe - leather (black ext & charcoal leather) - interior upgrade (with the carbon-fibre style dash) - 5 spd man - standard 17" rims. That's it. I would be okay with the Shaker 500 - or perhaps the 3.55's.

Why?

Curious.

That should be easy to find. I'll look here in SD. You'd pay an additional $1000 for cross country ship though unless you were up for a roadtrip.

Deluxe + leather + 500 = Premium.

EvilChris, All,

ERL told me on Sunday that as of Aug 7 I was locked in for production week of Aug 7, ETA dealership week of Aug 15. Now on Monday morning she told me that I am scheduled to be built week of Aug 7, ETA dealership week of Aug 21. Anyone know of a hold of any kind that would delay the ETA??? NickVen had the same situation with his post a couple of days ago. Appreciate any info.

EvilChris, All,

ERL told me on Sunday that as of Aug 7 I was locked in for production week of Aug 7, ETA dealership week of Aug 15. Now on Monday morning she told me that I am scheduled to be built week of Aug 7, ETA dealership week of Aug 21. Anyone know of a hold of any kind that would delay the ETA??? NickVen had the same situation with his post a couple of days ago. Appreciate any info.

Jim,

Just replied to you on BOF. I'm pretty certain your car will be built Monday, August 7 based on the info you provided. IME once your "As of" date gets to be during the same week as your "built week of" date, the "As of" date is the planned date that your vehicle will be built. I've spoken with some people that this wasn't the case for but most (including me) have followed this pattern.

Also, you will go from "scheduled week of" to "locked in" then back to "scheduled". Don't be alarmed by this. It's happened to most of us. It is just another step in the build process and doesn't mean anything has changed in regards to the planned schedule for your build. Just depends on the ERL's mood...jk.

-Chip in SC

(waiting for the thousands of Mustang buyers to now tell me that this wasn't the case for them)

Guest evilchris

EvilChris, All,

Mine just changed to the 22nd, the ETA. Makes sense. The 16th was unrealistic for San Diego with a production week of August 7.

Jim,

Just replied to you on BOF. I'm pretty certain your car will be built Monday, August 7 based on the info you provided. IME once your "As of" date gets to be during the same week as your "built week of" date, the "As of" date is the planned date that your vehicle will be built. I've spoken with some people that this wasn't the case for but most (including me) have followed this pattern.

Also, you will go from "scheduled week of" to "locked in" then back to "scheduled". Don't be alarmed by this. It's happened to most of us. It is just another step in the build process and doesn't mean anything has changed in regards to the planned schedule for your build. Just depends on the ERL's mood...jk.

-Chip in SC

(waiting for the thousands of Mustang buyers to now tell me that this wasn't the case for them)

Chip ,

Thanks for the info. I can't keep all the forums straight. This is the first time I have heard that you go from scheduled week of to locked in then back to scheduled. Sure had me worried. Will keep looking and hoping Aug 7 is a good build date and that the Aug 21 ETA date is also good.

Thanks again.

Chip ,

Thanks for the info. I can't keep all the forums straight. This is the first time I have heard that you go from scheduled week of to locked in then back to scheduled. Sure had me worried. Will keep looking and hoping Aug 7 is a good build date and that the Aug 21 ETA date is also good.

Thanks again.

Jim,

I'm down in the Waycross/Folkston/Brunswick area from time to time. I'll have to give you a holler next time before I head down.

-Chip in SC

Jim,

I'm down in the Waycross/Folkston/Brunswick area from time to time. I'll have to give you a holler next time before I head down.

-Chip in SC

Do that. I work in Brunswick, live in Camden County.

Jim,

-Chip in SC

Do that. I work in Brunswick, live in Camden County.

Hey guys,

I'm new here, but I recently ordered an '07 Mustang GT in torch red (I love the Grabber Orange, but having never seen it in person, I wasn't brave enough to order it...) with a 5 speed. Anyway, I got the VIN and build date from my salesman, but he couldn't give me an estimate on the delivery date. I ordered the car on July 10 and the build date is August 7. Now I'm just curious how long it takes on average for the car to get from the factory to my local dealer. I'm in southern Louisiana if that makes any difference.

I've been through and read almost every thread on the forums trying to sift out this information, and all I've found so far is that it took pitpup 4 weeks before his was delivered. His thread led me to believe this is an above average amount of time, however.

I just read about calling the ERL, also, and I plan on doing that in the near future to see if she can tell me anything. In the meantime, any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I ordered mine April 12th. It was built June 5th and subsequently held in quality control until it arrived at my dealer on the 11th of July.

I'm probably towards the long end of the spectrum in terms of how long you should expect to wait.

Whatever though, I'm still happy with it.

Very satisfied isn't going to work for those of us still waiting!

Let's pretend you're writing this up for Mustangs Inc! :rockon:

Fit - finish - materials - brakes - quality control, you know - let us in on this vicariously! :shift:

How much rubber did you leave on the road on the way home - the usual stuff.

Well, I called and got my ETA. It should be at the dealer's lot on August 22. (Build date August 7) It looks like the standard time for shipping is about 2 to 3 weeks, with a few people getting screwed in the 4 to 6 week range.

The bad part for me is my company has me working out of town 300 miles away the week my pony is scheduled to arrive, so I won't be able to pick up my car until the following Friday. Argh! The agony!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a new member, just love this site. I just got my dates on my 2007 GT. I ordered it on July 3rd 2006, and called the 1800 # and got a build week of 8/26, delivery to dealer 9/16. Dealer told me 4 months, glad it wasn't that long. Found out more info from the 1800 # than the dealer was telling me. All as you need is the Dealer code, Vin or Order #, and body type.

I can't wait!

2007 Mustang GT

Satin Silver, Charcoal Cloth

V8 5Speed

18" Polished Aluminum Wheels

Internior Upgrade Package

Archived