TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Pins Measurements

07SGT0057

Hey guys, I want to know if your hood pins are placed evenly on your hood. I used a tape measure to measure each pins horizontally and vertically from the hood to the polished plate. I'm getting 1/4 an inch horizontal and 1/2 an inch vertical difference. Can you guys measure yours?

Thanks,

Lawrence

Hey guys, I want to know if your hood pins are placed evenly on your hood. I used a tape measure to measure each pins horizontally and vertically from the hood to the polished plate. I'm getting 1/4 an inch horizontal and 1/2 an inch vertical difference. Can you guys measure yours?

Thanks,

Lawrence

Man u have to much time on your hands :lol:

Did the screw holes for the billet plates line up with all the existing holes?

Yeppers. They can only be installed 1 way too cuz of lettering. I too had to modify. I had to file a hair outta the hood,for the new pin clearance......and had to modify/bend the bracket,to get everything to line up,in 3D/axis etc. Taking my time and fartin off,took me a tad over two hours,for both. If you do decide to bend bracket....heat not required,just protection for bracket I.E. a rag. I used an oklahoma speed wrench(channel locks) to bend the bracket left/right....and up/down. Again,I protected the bracket from teeth marks.

I posted in this thread.... http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=2781&st=20

and I posted a few pics etc. The end results,should look like the pics. The thing with doin em is,getting all three axises,aligned. Allow the slightly of slack,for the pins,so doesn't bind/scratch the flange,but yet looks and fits tight into keeper slot.

Thanks,

Lawrence

That doesn't sound good, is it a noticeable problem? you see the lack of symetry with the naked eye? That would drive me crazy. I'll measure mine and get back to you.

That doesn't sound good, is it a noticeable problem? you see the lack of symetry with the naked eye? That would drive me crazy. I'll measure mine and get back to you.

Okay, the thing is, I just got my car back from the body shop with the new CS hood. The hood does not have the stripes yet so I couldn't see the difference. But when we were fitting the stripe, it kinda look like the left pin is closer to the stripe than the right one. So I took the measurement and found out the difference. Now they say that they never moved the rods for the pins when they put in the new hood. They used it as the guide to where to put holes on the hood. The point is, I just want to know if it was like that before or it wasn't so I can have them repair their mess.

Only thing I noticed,and this was with the stock pins........... The height on the passenger side post was a tad higher than the driver side. I've since then,put on the Billet pins,per wifeys request.

Autoplay,

Did the new billit pins fit exactly? Easy to put on?

Archived