TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Matching Dead Pedal Installed!

mffarrell

The dead pedal from AAC Parts arrived today.

I just installed the dead pedal this morning. The pedal appears to be stainless steel, fairly heavy, and designed with a sort of open ended curved bracket which slides over the bolt in the side behind the kick panel. It is a 100% match of the other pedals.

To install, you have to pull the door sill and kick panel trim (easy). Behind the kick panel trim is a bolt. I used a long 1/2" six point boxed-end wrench. Loosen the bolt (requires a lot of effort) and then slide the bracket over the bolt and tighten.

The inserts are a hard plastic.

Conclusion:

The dead pedal doesn't cover a large area, but it will help in not wearing down the carpet. It looks reasonably good, and is the best match available. It feels good and solid when you rest your foot on it.

Hey, for $30 plus $5.25 shipping, it's a good interim solution until something better is available.

Mike

post-17-1148741119_thumb.jpgpost-17-1148741173_thumb.jpg

The dead pedal from AAC Parts arrived today.

I just installed the dead pedal this morning. The pedal appears to be stainless steel, fairly heavy, and designed with a sort of open ended curved bracket which slides over the bolt in the side behind the kick panel. It is a 100% match of the other pedals.

To install, you have to pull the door sill and kick panel trim (easy). Behind the kick panel trim is a bolt. I used a long 1/2" six point boxed-end wrench. Loosen the bolt (requires a lot of effort) and then slide the bracket over the bolt and tighten.

The inserts are a hard plastic.

Conclusion:

The dead pedal doesn't cover a large area, but it will help in not wearing down the carpet. It looks reasonably good, and is the best match available. It feels good and solid when you rest your foot on it.

Hey, for $30 plus $5.25 shipping, it's a good interim solution until something better is available.

Mike

post-17-1148741119_thumb.jpg

Mike- Did Bud say approximately how long it would be in the Mod Shop to get everything you wanted, even the SC? I am not asking for exact time frames just an approximate time frame. Please respond if you have a moment.

Swede

Mike- Did Bud say approximately how long it would be in the Mod Shop to get everything you wanted, even the SC? I am not asking for exact time frames just an approximate time frame. Please respond if you have a moment.

Swede

Swede,

If I just go with a hood scoop replacement, lower driving lights, front and rear brake duct kit, and center gauge pod, John Walker said that I could wait at SAI for my car while they replace the scoop and complete the mods...2-3 hours, so there must be more than one tech doing the work.

If I go with the S/C option, I leave my car off at SAI on Monday, then pick it up on Friday.

Swede

Swede,

One of the reasons that I am hesitant installing a SC is that I will be buying a GT-500, soon. I am really leaning towards using the $7K budgeted for the SC to offset my cost for a GT-500. I will keep the GT.

Also, it will cost me probably another $500-$1,000 to get the SC tuned and dynoed, so the total SC cost is potentially $7.5K-$8K.

So in my mind a GT-500 would only cost me around $37K, plus I will have 2 great cars!

Archived