TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why ?

FiaCobra_merged

Anyone notice the paper license plate?

Wonder what Ford and/or Shelby Autos thinks of this?

I know several years back when the new VW beetle came out several dealers were having them made into convertibles and once VW found out these dealers had their franchise agreement threatened with termination if they did not stop selling these conversions. Apparently VW did not want the thunder taken away from their soon to be released factory convertible.

Steve

Anyone notice the paper license plate?

Wonder what Ford and/or Shelby Autos thinks of this?

I know several years back when the new VW beetle came out several dealers were having them made into convertibles and once VW found out these dealers had their franchise agreement threatened with termination if they did not stop selling these conversions. Apparently VW did not want the thunder taken away from their soon to be released factory convertible.

Steve

Our local Ford dealer upgraded a GT with the Cervini body kit. One of the body shop guys slapped some snakes on the side and they had a near riot of their hands from Shelby owners. IMO, if it's not original, I don't want it. I am just fortunate enough to have the means to support an expensive habit!! Merry Christmas!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived