TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Say a prayer for Ralph tonight

sdear

I guess i dont have the full story on the scoops. Have many of you of you experienced waves or something in your scoops? Could it be the hot Florida sun contributing?Is there i recall on all of them ? Or did they make a change before 4648 was built? I have only driven my car 1/10 of a mile due to the wicked Iowa weather. Just interested in what will happen after a few thousand.

Where in Iowa are you located? :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Ralph got home and he is still a HE !!!!

The installation went great. My Ford mechanic did an excellent job putting the scoop on. His riveting skills are excellent.

The only problem was from the previous Ford body shop that had changed the hood scoop. I am not sure I am, or can do anything about it, but if you recall, I am on my 4th scoop now. My previous dealer/body shop changed the scoop a few times and messed more than one thing up. To make a long story short, when they installed the front screws..which was one of the fixes on the scoop early on, it "appears" someone made the hole too big on those screws..looks like they "missed " and had to make the hole again.

So when my mechanic today installed the new scoop, he was unable to to use the rivets in the very front where the screws were so he put the screws back in. The holes were too big and wouldn't work with the rivets..even with a washer/anchor . It doesnt look bad, but the front ones on each side are different from the rest of the rivets.

The scoop lays perfectly flat now. It was awesome to sit in the drivers seat and see a flat laying scoop !

Cudos to Rick at Sarasota Ford for putting this scoop on. He is a great mechanic, and a great guy. And thank you to John and SAI for getting this right.

052.jpg

049.jpg

047.jpg

046.jpg

044.jpg

043.jpg

I don't know if I can even do anything about the front screws now, since it's hard to prove who did the front holes originally, but it really doesn't look that bad overall.

Sue

Sue,

Looks real nice! You have inspired me. I have had my new scoop at home in a box waiting to see what the new fix was going to look like. I think I'm ready to go into the garage and give my SGT the good news. I'm gong to make my appointment for after the Holidays.

Happy Holidays,

Joe from Oviedo.

Archived