TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vegas GT-H Convertibles

jw last

Rented #208 while in Vegas last Saturday (one day only trip). Drove out to Shelby HQ (being a Saturday it was closed), felt just like the Griswalds showing up at Wally World.

Spotted a total of 3 GT-H convertibles in the Hertz facility (which BTW is covered so the stripes should fair better than on the GT-H coupes). #372 was parked at the entrance to the Hertz lot just off the counter as the "Managers Special", #006 was parked in the lot mingling with the "other" rental cars.

• 2 months later...

Just got back from Vegas, rented 07H024. It had 18000 miles on the clock, and they definitely weren't easy miles. Lots of scratches and dings, and the car felt loose, like it had even higher miles on it. Despite that, I loved driving it. They didn't have a GT-H available when I first arrived (despite the reservation, and the fact they supposedly have 18 units total), so I only got the car for one day out of the three I should have had it, and didn't get to drive it to the Shelby factory. Two GT-H's showed up that day, I wonder if one of them was the one I was SUPPOSED to get... I did drive it down to Scott Drake/Shelby Performance Parts for a visit. The guys there were a bit surprised at its condition too. The hood pins were both broken, and they were commenting how much better the new design was than those old ones.

Car sounded great.... Can't wait to get the headers on my GT 500!

Just got back from Vegas, rented 07H024. It had 18000 miles on the clock, and they definitely weren't easy miles. Lots of scratches and dings, and the car felt loose, like it had even higher miles on it. Despite that, I loved driving it. They didn't have a GT-H available when I first arrived (despite the reservation, and the fact they supposedly have 18 units total), so I only got the car for one day out of the three I should have had it, and didn't get to drive it to the Shelby factory. Two GT-H's showed up that day, I wonder if one of them was the one I was SUPPOSED to get... I did drive it down to Scott Drake/Shelby Performance Parts for a visit. The guys there were a bit surprised at its condition too. The hood pins were both broken, and they were commenting how much better the new design was than those old ones.

Car sounded great.... Can't wait to get the headers on my GT 500!

So much for the theory that the Vegas cars won't have higher miles due to short trips from the airport to the strip. Posts like these make me waver towards an 08SGT vs. the 07GT-H that I was hoping to pursue later this summer when they hit the auction block. Oh, I keep going back and forth.

CHIP

So much for the theory that the Vegas cars won't have higher miles due to short trips from the airport to the strip. Posts like these make me waver towards an 08SGT vs. the 07GT-H that I was hoping to pursue later this summer when they hit the auction block. Oh, I keep going back and forth.

CHIP

The one I rented had California plates on it. Made me wonder if perhaps someone rented one for a one way trip...

The one I rented had California plates on it. Made me wonder if perhaps someone rented one for a one way trip...

Hertz has moved a lot of the GT-H cars around the country from lower revenue places to higher revenue places like Las Vegas.

The GT-H I rented in Vegas had Oregon plates. Much more demand for the car in Vegas compared to Portland.

Steve

CHIP

The one I rented for the Birthday Bash had NV plates on it. I took it to LA and back. Added over 800 miles to the clock!

Probably from the Birthday Bash. A lot of people rented them in California and dropped them in Vegas.

• 2 weeks later...

In Mid December I took 07H202 out to the Shelby plant for my second visit. It too had really taken an ass beating in it's 18,000 or so miles. The one hood pin didn't want to stay in and it had a nasty shimmy aside from the plethora of scars. Still glad I rented it though. Got it on a managers special for $105, sure beat the compact I was going to rent for $40 less.

If any one is intrested, I have some hi resalution pics of one of the gt-h in front of shelby in oct of 06, plate # 170 sve it was in great shape back then, pics are just too big to post here without resizing.....If anyone knows of a good progrm to resize them plz let me know

• 4 weeks later...
The one I rented for the Birthday Bash had NV plates on it. I took it to LA and back. Added over 800 miles to the clock!

Probably from the Birthday Bash. A lot of people rented them in California and dropped them in Vegas.

:

We flew out to Vegas for the Birthday Bash with the intensions of flying back, However--once we gont into the GT H Vert, we could not turn it in. Ended up driving it to Scottsdale for the Birthday Bash there then to Tuscon to visit realatives and then on home to Denver. Had it a week and enjoyed every minute of it. I even offered Hertz in Denver to drive it back to Vegas for them, on their dime of course, but they just brushed me off. :hysterical3

Archived