TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Pioneer AVIC-D3 is installed! PICTURES!!

1965coupe

I also have the same unit, I took out the shaker 1000, they make a plug so you can use the amp in the trunk, works very well.

That's what I did- connected the AVIC to the in-dash harness that connects to the Shaker system.

However, you must install a voltage regulator in line of the amp turn-on wire. Otherwise, you'll get a pop every time the system turns on.

That's what I did- connected the AVIC to the in-dash harness that connects to the Shaker system.

However, you must install a voltage regulator in line of the amp turn-on wire. Otherwise, you'll get a pop every time the system turns on.

Excellent job. One thing though, can the Ipod interface hole be cleaned up with a grommet or something?

Excellent job. One thing though, can the Ipod interface hole be cleaned up with a grommet or something?

That's what I am hoping.. I misjudged the size of the cable and made the hole too large..

I'm going to look into some kind of grommet.. The local ACE has all kinds of oddball hardware like that..

Did you get the adapter, just put it in the consol and control thur the radio?

With the AVIC-D3, there is no adapter required. All it takes is a Pioneer iPod cable for aout $30, depending on where you shop.

Basically, you connect the cable to the iPod and control everything through the headunit.

Did you get the adapter, just put it in the consol and control thur the radio?

Thank you! :)

Archived