TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Possible options to go with exclusive SGT gas cap

BergShelby_merged

If exclusive SGT gas cap is approved, which of the following would you be interested in?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Wheel hubcap?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  2. 2. Steering wheel cap?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. SGT Snake for the Front Grill?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Hmmm car styled after the 66 and your putting 67+ style snakes on it..sorry I just don't get it. That tribar Mustang on the front grill is there for a reason--some of you guys just gotta get on Amazon and blow $20 on the Shelby Mustang book (or go to Borders Books and buy the paperback for $12.99). Come on --you spent $40k on a car, surely you can come up with another $20 to learn something about its history.

Gas cap--simple...go online to any Mustang part supply house--say Mustangs Plus out of Stockton CA...look up GT350 gas caps for 1966...that is what you need...just change the lettering from GT350 to Shelby GT. Bingo--the perfect and correct gas cap. It ain't rocket science SAI..the path is right before your eyes..follow it.........

Hmmm car styled after the 66 and your putting 67+ style snakes on it..sorry I just don't get it. That tribar Mustang on the front grill is there for a reason--some of you guys just gotta get on Amazon and blow $20 on the Shelby Mustang book (or go to Borders Books and buy the paperback for $12.99). Come on --you spent $40k on a car, surely you can come up with another $20 to learn something about its history.

Gas cap--simple...go online to any Mustang part supply house--say Mustangs Plus out of Stockton CA...look up GT350 gas caps for 1966...that is what you need...just change the lettering from GT350 to Shelby GT. Bingo--the perfect and correct gas cap. It ain't rocket science SAI..the path is right before your eyes..follow it.........

If it was only that easy....the one thing many of us thought was missing is an exclusive SGT cap like every other "limited" edition Shelby or Ford mustang out there. The problem is that we want a Cap that is approved by SAI, a cap that appeals to a larger audience, and we want it to be exclusive to the SGT. SAI has already offered non Snake caps but they are not exclusive to SGT. SAI has also turned down previous designs based on the vintage Snakes. There was even one design that was identical to below except for a "SGT" instead of "GT".

The Snake that we are suggesting is the "new style" Snake that is available for us to use. It will never be perfect, that would of required Shelby to have created an exclusive Cap from the start. I'm not faulting them, it's just the way it is. And I totally understand that there are those that will not change a thing to their SGT, preserving the history for future generations, nor would they ever put a Snake on it. But I own the car to drive, I most likely will not live to see how history will view these cars 30 years from now. As long as I have all the original pieces to back on someday if I desired (or children desire), how big of a sin is it to put a modern SAI approved Snake design on a modern Shelby car? I don't pretend to know the answer...but I believe each of us must answer that question for themselves. If it was only that simple..... :)

Sorry guys, maybe it was to early to post these pictures......I so want to move forward on this....

oldstyleShelbyCap3.jpg

If I were to do a grill....it would be probably be something like this....

ShelbyGrill6.jpg?imgmax=512

For me, I am partial to the pony bar on the grill...BUT I love the idea of a complete set and woudl buy them that way and just not put the grill cobra on. I saw build'um all, make it a set, and sell it. It will be exclusive and who wants to worry about inventory levels etc., just make it a boxed set and sell the heck out of it.

For me, I am partial to the pony bar on the grill...BUT I love the idea of a complete set and woudl buy them that way and just not put the grill cobra on. I saw build'um all, make it a set, and sell it. It will be exclusive and who wants to worry about inventory levels etc., just make it a boxed set and sell the heck out of it.

Please don't include the gas cap in the package. That I really want. The hub caps are useless to me and I think I want to keep the Mustang heritage intact with tribar pony on the grill and steering wheel. My opinion.

Ok, ordered today, the shelby ring.... and the Berg gas cap, free set to berg for all his help. No signature, ist was too messy.

So I will keep you all updated on this item, am interested to see what else you come up with

Amy

Ok, ordered today, the shelby ring.... and the Berg gas cap, free set to berg for all his help. No signature, ist was too messy.

So I will keep you all updated on this item, am interested to see what else you come up with

Amy

Amy, that's great news when do you think the gas cap and dead pedal (from another post) will be available to purchase?

Dave

Amy

Way to go! Thanks Amy and Berg, again, awesome job. Thanks for all of your help and time! :)

Ms Amy makes it happen and takes care of the designers too. If you take care of the people that take care of you, your company wins all the time. That is why I can buy basically anything I want any time I want becuase I take care of my people who take care of my franchises.

Thanks Amy your a very strong business person or you wouldn't be where your at!

I'll take one.

First off I want to thank Berg & Amy for all of this hard work! :) Shelby ring? I hope she doesn't mean the ring is going to say Shelby & not Ford (will be way to redundant). Otherwise I personally

love all 3 items & again can't thank Amy & Berg enough!!!!!!!!!!!! Power plug would be really cool

also! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! :D

Shelby ring? I hope she doesn't mean the ring is going to say Shelby & not Ford (will be way to redundant).

I think the ring and logo will be seperate. I think the logo is going to come without the ring and you are going to have to install it yourself. Isn't that how the others from FRPP and the SPP catalog come.

Amy

:o I'm speechless.... :blink: really...I don't know what to say...first, someone needs to help me off the floor.....it's like coming home from work and finding out Christmas was moved up early and I get to ride with Santa. Wow..... But I got to tell you all that I feel a little guilty. There are many of you that have hung in there throughout this ride. I would be stupid to turn down Amy's offer but believe me when I say...this was a joint effort...."we" did it. You know who you are and this forum has recorded it all. I also have complied a whole folder of every cap submitted, it may be fun to walk through the many designs.....but I think I will hold off for awhile.....I would hate to start up a debate again. :lol:

thank for Amy...thank you Shelby....this is just another example what sets SHELBY apart from so many other companies. I'm still in a little shock....not sure what I will do with my evening now.....thanks all.

PS: Do you think "Saleen is King" was one of the no votes last night??? :lol:

Archived