TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Planning a Birthday Present for Mr. Shelby

mywickedshelby

22 in so far, sorry I am not typing out the list until its finalized. If you sent an email already, you're in, if not, do so by this Friday December 14th at midnight.

2 reasons to get in:

1) Super cool to have your name on a plaque being given to Mr. Shelby for his 85th Birthday and

2) The money is going to the worthiest of all causes, the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

22 in so far, sorry I am not typing out the list until its finalized. If you sent an email already, you're in, if not, do so by this Friday December 14th at midnight.

2 reasons to get in:

1) Super cool to have your name on a plaque being given to Mr. Shelby for his 85th Birthday and

2) The money is going to the worthiest of all causes, the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation.

Wicked,

This is a great idea - count me in too! I have sent you an email.

Rick

bump, still taking names, deadlne for names to be included is this Friday, December 14th.

Get on the list by emailing: mbsings4u@msn.com with full name, screen name, csm # and whether or not you r attending the bash.

BUMP!

yes, GT500 OWNERS ARE OUR BROTHERS AND ARE MOST WELCOME. PLEASE JOIN IN.

:D :D :D

bump....

I am extending the deadline until Monday December 17th 6 am EST, for those who would still like to take part in purchasing a plaque to honor Mr. Carroll Shelby for his 85th Birthday and present him with check for his Children's Foundation.......

Anyone wishing to get in on this should email me at: mbsings4u@msn.com with your full name, screen name, csm # and whether or not you are attending the bash.

GT500 owners will simply have the year of their car along side GT500 Coupe or Vert unless you have an SS#, etc.

Minimum contribution is $25.00 for the charity, checks will be made out directly to the Charity so everyone can realize the tax benefit from their contribution. There will be a second check required to cover the cost of the plaque and the final cost will be announced early next week along with an address to send the check. I am not doing a paypal due to the checks for the charity being made out directly to "The Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation".

Thank you in advance for your participation in this very worthy cause.

bump....

I am extending the deadline until Monday December 17th 6 am EST, for those who would still like to take part in purchasing a plaque to honor Mr. Carroll Shelby for his 85th Birthday and present him with check for his Children's Foundation.......

Anyone wishing to get in on this should email me at: mbsings4u@msn.com with your full name, screen name, csm # and whether or not you are attending the bash.

GT500 owners will simply have the year of their car along side GT500 Coupe or Vert unless you have an SS#, etc.

Minimum contribution is $25.00 for the charity, checks will be made out directly to the Charity so everyone can realize the tax benefit from their contribution. There will be a second check required to cover the cost of the plaque and the final cost will be announced early next week along with an address to send the check. I am not doing a paypal due to the checks for the charity being made out directly to "The Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation".

BUMP!

Guys, very noble gesture.

if you collect all the checks and put them in an envelope with the total on the outside, you can give the checks directly to carroll at the event with the plaque, this way you have no issues.

If I missed a response like this, my apologies

Amy

Guys, very noble gesture.

if you collect all the checks and put them in an envelope with the total on the outside, you can give the checks directly to carroll at the event with the plaque, this way you have no issues.

If I missed a response like this, my apologies

Amy

thank you Amy.

bump....

BUMP!

bump....

registration is closing soon.................thank you for those who are already in for making this idea materialize into something special.

Hey guys and gals...

I've gotten a few e-mails regarding my offer to buy the plaque, and I want reassure all of you that is was a genuine offer meant only to streamline this special effort. I'm not trying to be a bully, nor draw attention to myself. It's just that I have been through projects like this before, and I know that on the surface it seems a "no-brainer", but in reality, it can get quite complicated. I just wanted to help out with the "chores".

Meanwhile, I also got an e-mail from Wicked which solved this problem, and I am pleased with the solution, so, case closed, and thank you Michael.

So...For those of you who are actually going, be safe, have a good time, and remember...WE WANT PICS!

Not wanting to bring this idea down however.....

This thread is 5 days old and if it wasn't for me (a GT-500 owner) browsing the SGT sub-forum, i would've missed out. If you want to include the GT-500 owners as well, perhaps something should have been posted there as well. It's kind of pointless now with the deadline close to 12hrs away.

For what it's worth, i'd like to be included in this.

Not wanting to bring this idea down however.....

This thread is 5 days old and if it wasn't for me (a GT-500 owner) browsing the SGT sub-forum, i would've missed out. If you want to include the GT-500 owners as well, perhaps something should have been posted there as well. It's kind of pointless now with the deadline close to 12hrs away.

For what it's worth, i'd like to be included in this.

If you feel you have been overlooked, or, shut out, this is not the case. I suppose it has more to do with how you read this board, and what areas you review and drop into. I have read several of your contributions, and replied to a few as well. So, you're out here, and how you missed this opportunity is a matter of how you interact with us all.

Though this idea was sparked by an SGT owner, it was never a closed door to any other Shelby owner. If you review the posts from the top, you will see that very early on, all other Shelby owners who may not have a CSM number, have been welcomed.

Get your e-mail out to Wicked, it's not over yet.

I e-mailed Wicked a few minutes ago. Forgot to mention i won't be attending the party....wish i was though.

My point is, even though an SGT owner came up with this brilliant idea, it would've been nice if it was cross posted in the other sub forums. I may have seen this post, but i'm sure a boat load of other non SGT owners would love to participate. I know not all of them venture into this sub-forum......i'm glad i did though.

Archived