TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Planning a Birthday Present for Mr. Shelby

mywickedshelby

EDITED:PLEASE READ!

Those wanting to be included in the plaque and Charity contribution for Mr.Shelby's Birthday present should email me at: mbsings4u@msn.com with your full name (first & last) and forum name and full csm #. (ie. 07SGT2502)

Please indicate on your email if you are attending the Birthday bash or not, thank you in advance!

Minimum contribution is $25.00, those who want to give more can as the checks will be made out to the charity. This is ALL going to the charity as we have a generous offer from a member to pay for the plaque, Lulu. Thank you Lulu, thank you very much.

Lets see how much we can raise for this very worthy cause.

This is just to get a count so we know how large to make the plaque.

If you want your name on the plaque to be given to Mr.Shelby for his 85th Birthday, the buy in price is a charitable contribution of $25.00 to his Childrens Foundation, just follow the instructions above.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those wanting to be included in the plaque and Charity contribution for Mr.Shelby's Birthday present should email me at: mbsings4u@msn.com with your full name (first & last) and forum name and full csm #. (ie. 07SGT2502)

This is just to get a count so we know how large to make the plaque. Actual costs will be annouced later once the number of participants is established.

The plaque itself should not be expensive, it is a matter of the donation. You should probably set a minimum, or people will donate $1 and want their names engraved!!!

I am thinking about a donation of $25.00.......the cost of the plaque subtracted from the total collected and the remaining balance to be put into a check for the Childrens Foundation to be presented to Mr. Shelby with the plaque.

see above for sign up instructions.

I supopose we'll have to wait and see how many sign up, but I'm thinking 25.00 as a donation to a charity close to this man's heart, is rather conservative. The plaque isn't going to be that expensive, but the donation should have some impact.

Looks as if there is only 50 or so of us hanging out here on a regular basis and enjoying this website for free. Considering what many of us have spent on accessories and mods for our cars, shouldn't be asking too much to up the contribution a bit.

50 X 25.00 = 1250.00

50 X 50.00 = 2500.00

50 X 100.00 = 5000.00

See where I'm going?

I'm not normally a generous guy, but my SGT has become a very important element in my life, and I'd like to thank the man behind it anyway I can.

So...The plaque is on me, I'll buy it, just tell me how much and where to send the money to do that. This way, 100 percent of the remaining contributions from our membership, be it 1 dollar or 100 dollars, go directly to the Childrens fund. This is how we say thanks to a man who prolly has everything he wants at his fingertips.

SergntMac@aol.com.

Y'all be safe.

So how will you do this, have checks sent to you made out to the charity? I would like to give much more than the $25 but as a check made out to them. Not to be a problem but it is a tax deductible contribution if you make it as a check made directly to the charity! Also, if we donate twice, way over the amount can I put my name twice so I can have both my CSM#'s?

So how will you do this, have checks sent to you made out to the charity? I would like to give much more than the $25 but as a check made out to them. Not to be a problem but it is a tax deductible contribution if you make it as a check made directly to the charity! Also, if we donate twice, way over the amount can I put my name twice so I can have both my CSM#'s?

Good point that I didn't think of in my last suggestion. If you let me pay for the plaque, everyone contributing can make their checks payable directly to the charity and it's a tax deduction, and FWD that to someone who is going to the party.

As for two CSM numbers, that's up to the boss running this show. I'm sure he will have an answer for you soon.

Good point that I didn't think of in my last suggestion. If you let me pay for the plaque, everyone contributing can make their checks payable directly to the charity and it's a tax deduction, and FWD that to someone who is going to the party.

As for two CSM numbers, that's up to the boss running this show. I'm sure he will have an answer for you soon.

We could all separatly send the amount to the charity for the tax benefit and just add it all up and present ond of those BIG fake checks you often see.

As for you paying for the plaque I think that's too much I'm sure. If best case we get all 100 attendees to contribute then that's 100 names and CSM numbers (if they have them, GT500's don't but I think they have an SVT no. that's on the certificate they get). Unless we're going to limit this. Was that decided?

I can see:

NAME CSM/SVT No.

100 times...could be BIG.

I was thinking what might be a cool design and wondered if we could get one of each of the CSM and GT500 dash plaques with "Happy 85th Birthday" or something engraved where the CSM or VIN would normally be. Have these side by side with a Shelby Cobra between and above. We'd need help to make this happen.

Throwing out ideas!

I appreciate everyones interest and forwarding your ideas, but this is what I think about the recent posts:

1) I was trying to link those who contributed directly to the names on the plaque. If everyone is sending THEIR checks to the charity directly, there will be no way to do this or verify same.*

2) I made the contribution $25.00 so EVERYONE could participate. This way we could give him one check, not some cheesy fake big check that cannot be tyed to the individual contributions. Am I supposed to ask people to email me the amount they say they sent in and add it to my total? Again, good idea, but I dont see how it will work.

3) If everyone wants to increase the general contribution and there is consensus on this (good luck....gas cap!), then we can do it, but I wanted to keep this so we could give him ONE REAL CHECK FOR A REAL AMOUNT. If this works out, I can get a bank check so everyone knows I am not taking the tax deduction for the whole groups money.

4) Those who want to send a larger sum, can do it anytime they like and get the tax benefit, just send your check directly to the charity. I made the contribution $25.00 to allow all/most to participate and to make it easier for people to not be concerned with the tax deduction aspect of it.

5) The 2 CSM #s is easy.......just make 2 contributions and have one listed under yours and the other your husbands name. (we know both cars are yours Helaina, but work with me!), otherwise, one name, one csm#.

6) Lulu, I appreciate the offer, but I really wanted everyone to feel they bought the plaque and not just one person.

Does linking this to the charity and money make it too complicated?

I was hoping not, but if so, maybe we should just do the plaque and leave the contribution out.

My thinking was how nice would it be to present him with a plaque for his wall, showing our appreciation and also a check to the love of his life, the Childrens Charity.

*And I encourage everyone to send money to the charity on their own if they so wish, I just dont see how we tie it to the Bday present without turning this into a mess.

I am sure the process will be tweaked over the next couple of days. Everyones ideas are welcome.

Keep them coming. This isnt my present to Mr. Shelby, its everyones.

6) Lulu, I appreciate the offer, but I really wanted everyone to feel they bought the plaque and not just one person.

Does linking this to the charity and money make it too complicated?

I was hoping not, but if so, maybe we should just do the plaque and leave the contribution out.

My offer stands, but believe me I am not trying to chill your honorable efforts in anyway. I was only trying to streamline the process. I believe the contribution is the most important feature, please continue in this direction. If I can help in anyay, please contact me.

I agree with you Lulu, but I am thinking in terms of everyones opinion, not mine. Maybe I should just do it the way I want and not be so worried about offending anyone, but I figured I would at least give the consensus a try.

Lets just see what people feel about this and go from there.

Those wanting to be included in the plaque and Charity contribution for Mr.Shelby's Birthday present should email me at: mbsings4u@msn.com with your full name (first & last) and forum name and full csm #. (ie. 07SGT2502).

Please indicate on your email if you are attending the Birthday bash or not, thank you in advance!

We are thinking a $25.00 contribution for the charity to get in. The plaque will be purchased and the balance in a check to the Childrens Foundation.

This is just to get a count so we know how large to make the plaque and if we have enough people to make it worth while. Actual costs will be annouced later once the number of participants is established.

I did not mean we should write a check and SEND it to the charity, I just meant we could SEND the checks to you, MADE OUT to the charity. We can all write the checks payable to the charity, mail them all to you and you could present them all and tell them the total at the dinner. "I present checks/donations totalling this amount blah blah blah".

And on the other item, OK, grumble, I will put Ron's name on one of the donations/CSM numbers. This is a great idea, and let me know if you need help.

I could even just give you mine at the mustang club meeting next week.

Herpony68, thanks for the clarification. That is a great idea, now I understand where you were going.

Send the checks to me, made out to the charity so everyone gets their tax benefit and this way I know exactly who to include on the plaque.

See, thats why I said keep the ideas coming, sometimes it takes a few times for me to get the point! :huh:

$25.00 to get in, higher amounts are up to the individual, this way everyone can participate and those who can send more can do so at their own discretion and it all goes in the total.

:D :D :D

I'm still out in left field on one point, Wicked, and it's why I made my offer.

I am a co-founder of a charity here in Chicago, with 501-C-3 experience. This taught me that in order for any donation to qualify as a tax deduction, it must be received by the charity. A cancelled check is sufficient proof of a donation, but it must be cashed by the charity. Thus, if you tell everyone to make their donations payable to the charity, how do you get reimbursed for the plaque?

We can all send the $25 check for the charity and then however many dollars for the purchaser of the plaque as well. The problem is we do not know how much the plaque will be. Once we get a price, we can always send a few more dollars if need be, if we are really off form the intitial estimate. I htink we have determined most of us are honest and in a community, if one or two do not pay then they get what they deserve in the end.

Lulu, you are pretty quick on the trigger, :blink: , I was getting to you. You idea makes a world of sense to me now........see I told you.....you just have to give me some time for it to sink in. (Mrs. Wicked says: GOOD LUCK!)

I am going to go to 2 different trophy/plaque shops in my area this week and then will let you know the details. I know you offered to see your friend about it, but I figured I'd see what I can find out & go from there.

For the mustang club we use classic trophies in Hatboro PA. You can give him a buzz and tell him you are in our club-he has orders from us all the time. classictrophiesinc.com

That may give you another option. Use the club name and my name if you want. Ask for Paul.

thanks 2 SGT owner, I am on it. :D

(lucky girl) ;)

Lulu, thank you, that makes things alot more simple, simpler? I edited post #1 to reflect the process, now everyone, cmon, lets do something special for a very worthy cause. ALL, THAT'S RIGHT, ALL OF YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS WILL BE GOING DIRECTLY TO THE CHARITY!

EDITED:PLEASE READ!

Minimum contribution is $25.00, those who want to give more can as the checks will be made out to the charity. This is ALL going to the charity as we have a generous offer from a member to pay for the plaque, Lulu. Thank you Lulu, thank you very much.

Lets see how much we can raise for this very worthy cause.

This is just to get a count so we know how large to make the plaque.

If you want your name on the plaque to be given to Mr.Shelby for his 85th Birthday, the buy in price is a charitable contribution of $25.00 to his Childrens Foundation, just follow the instructions above.

Wicked

What, precisely is the name of the Charity so there are no mix-ups on the checks?

Count me in.

Michael,

This is a great idea! I was talking with Dave about this, a few suggestions/comments: Try and set up a paypal account. You should still be able draw money from it to pay for the plaque. Or are you going to set up an account at your bank? The only other thing that Dave mentioned is to have the placque made out of real wood or veneer, sometimes vinyl doesn't look real classy. Then the engraving sheet could be attached to that.

The other thing we talked about was getting in contact with a moderator from this site (GTHero?) and do a mass e-mailing to all members of this forum, to try and speed up the process and make an attempt to not leave anybody out. There are people who wanted to go but can't.

Another thing to think about is if we get a good response, this plaque could get quite large. So font size will definitely be an issue.

We are definitely in and will e-mail you with info. We are going and are quite excited.

Sherri

Michael,

This is a great idea! I was talking with Dave about this, a few suggestions/comments: Try and set up a paypal account. You should still be able draw money from it to pay for the plaque. Or are you going to set up an account at your bank? The only other thing that Dave mentioned is to have the placque made out of real wood or veneer, sometimes vinyl doesn't look real classy. Then the engraving sheet could be attached to that.

The other thing we talked about was getting in contact with a moderator from this site (GTHero?) and do a mass e-mailing to all members of this forum, to try and speed up the process and make an attempt to not leave anybody out. There are people who wanted to go but can't.

Another thing to think about is if we get a good response, this plaque could get quite large. So font size will definitely be an issue.

We are definitely in and will e-mail you with info. We are going and are quite excited.

Sherri

im in if its $25 i think it would be neat if all are names were done on a big dash plaque like the shelby gt and etched in it csm and name the state would be nice if it would fit :P :blink: <_<

Just sent our email out to you!

Count us in.

Let us know when you've figured out the payment method. PayPay works good.

Thanks again.

Todd

I'm in. Sent PM

Get on the list by emailing: mbsings4u@msn.com with full name, screen name, csm # and whether or not you r attending the bash.

How about posting a list (by screen name only) of e-mails you have now? Not sure mine went through correctly.

Archived