TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Red or Orange?

wildcat

I'm still on the waiting list, so I haven't ordered yet. This has unfortunately led me to change my mind almost daily between either:

1) Torch Red w/Performance White stripes, or

2) Grabber Orange w/Tungsten stripes.

Quick, what do you guys think? Maybe it'll help me make up my mind, at least for the next day or two.

P.S. anyone have a Grabber Orange w/tungsten stripes yet? If so please post lots of pics. Other than the article about job 1, i haven't seen that one much.

Thanks!

:sos:

I'm still on the waiting list, so I haven't ordered yet. This has unfortunately led me to change my mind almost daily between either:

1) Torch Red w/Performance White stripes, or

2) Grabber Orange w/Tungsten stripes.

Quick, what do you guys think? Maybe it'll help me make up my mind, at least for the next day or two.

P.S. anyone have a Grabber Orange w/tungsten stripes yet? If so please post lots of pics. Other than the article about job 1, i haven't seen that one much.

Thanks!

IMHO... Torch Red w/Performance White stripes will be a dime a dozen. If you want a color that is highly marketed and everyone under the sun has seen it, by all means, go for the red.

If you want to be unique and have a color people won't see five or six of them everyday, go for the Grabber Orange w/Tungsten stripes.

BTW, mine is going to be Ebony with Performance White stripes. I don't expect this to be a popular color combination.

My 2¢,

JB

Orange and dark grey doesn't go well together IMHO - it is certainly my least favorite color combination. If I had to pick between the two, I would get the Torch Red/White Stripes. If you have to get the orange, I would consider the white stripes instead.

FYI, my Shelby is going to be a Tungsten/Silver coupe (supposed to be built next week).

Hope you get the color combo that YOU will be happy with. :shift:

If you're going to keep the car long-term - get the color combo you want.

If you plan on selling it anytime soon - keep in mind the most popular colors sell quicker because more people want them. Rocket Science 101. :hysterical:

Send me a Christmas Card. :hysterical:

Resale Red!!!! Only way to go. Plus you can only get the grabber with silver stripes. Cause it would look nice with black ones.

...............of the two choices, red with white..............I don't like the GO with Tungsten at all. GO with white not bad. By the way, GO with white can not be had up here in Canada.

What is the deal with no Grabber O and White in Canada? Mine is hopefully on a railcar now and it is Grabber Orange and White. I wanted something you do not see frequently and will not be confused with 2005 or 2006 Stangs. My wife's Legend Lime GT gets very positive comments and it is the least ordered color of 2006s based on what I have seen. The Red is and has been seen in every ad and magazine published along with White w/ Blue stripes.

Bottom line for me is GO and White.

What is the deal with no Grabber O and White in Canada? Mine is hopefully on a railcar now and it is Grabber Orange and White. I wanted something you do not see frequently and will not be confused with 2005 or 2006 Stangs. My wife's Legend Lime GT gets very positive comments and it is the least ordered color of 2006s based on what I have seen. The Red is and has been seen in every ad and magazine published along with White w/ Blue stripes.

Bottom line for me is GO and White.

No idea.......when I ordered mine, noticed white not avail on the order sheet, GO with tungsten only in Canada

:bandance: :happy feet: :shift:

Wildcat I have seen the Red and White Black vert. Orange and White And to me the GO/White will draw more attention than the other. I seen them at the Railyard parking lot mixed in with all the other colors of the spectum and the G/O just POPS out at you. It is a stunning Orange and very unique color the more I see it the more I love it. Stay away from the Black due to the dificultiies of Keeping that sucker finger printless.(if thats a word)

I wanted the Red but since (APPOX) 30% of all GT500's are going to be Red I decided that Mine would be G/O. I want people to know it is me when they see that car because it will be my pride and joy. It looks like there will only be about 3% of t88 made with the color combination of the G/O with white stripes.

This is just my 2cent worth.

However you should get hat you want and it shouldn't matter what we think. To me it will be a priceless wonder that I plan on keeping the rest of my life. :shift::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Thanks!

:sos:

I think Carroll Shelby has one. Didn't I see a picture of him taking delivery of his car somewhere?

EDIT: I might be (and quite possibly am) wrong.

GRABBER ORANGE W/TUNGSTEN. It's beautiful! Everyone that has seen my car, old, young, man, woman, child, dogs, and cats absolutely love the color. Strangers have stopped and stared at the car for minutes at a time. Although I was not aware of this before I ordered the color, the Tungsten stripes complement the grey air dam, body cladding, mini mud flaps and air turbulence diffuser that surrounds the lower portion on the body. The contrast between the very black canvas top and the orange body is perfect!

There is a slight Tungsten finish on the wheels too, so even the wheels match the color scheme. Sorry, and with all due respect to those who ordered the GO and White stripe combo, I think that you would be ALLOT happier going with the GO/Tungson combo in the long run.

Of course now that I have the car, I had another idea after the fact. Delete the stripes completely and then order custom stripes in British Racing Green color. That color combo might sound strange to you, but after you see the car "live" you will see how that color combo would work.

One more thing. Over the top stripes are a must too! I am absolutely going to install them just as soon as Ford releases them to the dealers. You just cannot have a Shelby without over the top Le Mans stripes, period.

I LOVE THIS FLIPPEN CAR, AND NOW THAT I HAVE IT, I AM EXCITED FOR ALL OF YOU THAT ARE WAITING FOR YOURS, BECAUSE YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH YOURS TOO! I HAVE HAD A SHIT EATING GRIN ON MY FACE EVER SINCE THE DAY I GOT MY PAWS ON MY CAR!

IT PULLS LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN IN SECOND AND THIRD GEAR, AND DROPPING DOWN A GEAR AT SPEED AND PUNCHING IT IS LIKE A RELGIOUS EXPERIENCE.

I would go with GO and Tungsten, that is what I was looking at in the beginning and more and more I'm thinking I should change mine to that.

On order white w/vista blue... unfortunately very popular..

still I have time to change my mind should I decide to do so..

T

Guys, thanks so much for all the helpfull feedback. I must admit that for now I'm starting to lean to Grabber Orange after considering your advise. Now the question for stripes. Good arguments both ways for White and Tungsten.

I had already considered that Tungsten stripes would complement the gray accessories and the interior color better. Thanks for the confirmation. Thanks again!

:shift:

I was wrestling with the same choices. However, I ended up ordering the red with white. I'm a middle school principal and it is our school colors. I had a good friend with a mid 70's grabber orange Trans Am. Man did we have some fun in that car. My wife said the GO with tungsten looked like redneck with money. I told her that was the exact look I was going for.... she rolled her eyes at me and was relieved when I went with red and white.

Archived