TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Grill is in the catalog

ShelbyPilot

OK, maybe I missed this and then I am sorry for the duplicate thread. I now have something else to save up for. The grill and/or outer housing is available on page 21 of the SPP winter catalog. The outer housing is $105, not bad. Has anybody given this a try yet on their '07? How did it go?

I may have to rearrange my list again.

OK, maybe I missed this and then I am sorry for the duplicate thread. I now have something else to save up for. The grill and/or outer housing is available on page 21 of the SPP winter catalog. The outer housing is $105, not bad. Has anybody given this a try yet on their '07? How did it go?

Chris,

Is this item # 8S3Z-8200-H ($104.95)? Will this deal, for '07 owners, with the change they made for '08 in terms of, in '08, not leaving in the GT light housing behind the Shelby GT grille assembly? Jim

Chris,

Is this item # 8S3Z-8200-H ($104.95)? Will this deal, for '07 owners, with the change they made for '08 in terms of, in '08, not leaving in the GT light housing behind the Shelby GT grille assembly? Jim

I think so but I just saw it late last night so I haven't made an inquiry to SAI. I was wondering if anybody had done it yet.

The '07 grills were mounted to the existing and mutulated Mustang GT honeycomb grill. The 2008 grills are mounted to a purpose built frame and the Mustang GT grill was removed. I will order one as soon as the money is saved up. The grill was a bigger miss step to me then the gas cap.

Hi Guys I've been thinking about this since I first saw the Shelby GT'S. When I get mine i'm going to take the grille out and see if I can remove the rest of the old grille leaving enough to reinstall the insert. I've looked at quite a few of them and looks like it will work fine and cost less too! B) I'll let ya'll know how/if it works out when I get my car??????????? :rolleyes:

Wouldn't you have to purchase the kit that includes the mounting hardware and grill?

FULL ASSEMBLY 8S3Z-8200-KIT $219.95

I don't think so. I think that is the point of selling just the frame. i will try to find out today.

EDIT: I talked to SPP minutes ago. The outer housing is all that is needed for the 2007 owners. The actual grill is the same for '07 & '08. Only the means of mounting has changed. Timed to save up amd maybe use that coupon chip from Team Shelby.

And if history is any guide, 20 years from now, the 2007 grilles will be rare and much sought after at swap meets, etc. Even though the 2008 version is a better solution. :lol::lol:

Have you ever tried to find a choke cable for 1970 Boss 302? It was the first thing that was thrown out when the carbs were changed. I think I will keep my original grill.. :D

Honestly, I always notice the grill with cut outs (lights and pony cut out) in photos and I never notice it in person. I was looking to change it on principle b4 I got my car, Now I am just leaving it.

+1 about photos, But I think its kinda cool actually, touched by human hands is rare these days.

Archived