TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My car shipped today!!!

Carl Bishop

Just out of habit every evening I check the VIN Tracker just to see if there was any change in status; low and behold if it didn’t changed to “Completed and shipped!*” I knew my car had been converted last week sometime but I didn’t expect too see this today. Now I won’t be able to sleep for the next few days while it makes its way from Vegas to NC. :unsure:

Just out of habit every evening I check the VIN Tracker just to see if there was any change in status; low and behold if it didn’t changed to “Completed and shipped!*” I knew my car had been converted last week sometime but I didn’t expect too see this today. Now I won’t be able to sleep for the next few days while it makes its way from Vegas to NC. :unsure:

That's great news-congrats and enjoy your next few nights of lying awake watching the clock :lol:

I heard that anytime they have to go to NC, they take the long way, your car won't arrive until after New Years!

Just kidding :D I hope it arrives soon for you, and have some fun!

OK fellas, looking for some advice…

My salesperson and I have agreed that my car will not go through the dealer prep once my car arrives at the dealership. The plan is for my car to come off the transporter and be taken inside and tucked away in the corner of the showroom with a sold sign until I can get up there to take possession (My dealer has a HUGE indoor showroom, 150,000 sf.). We’ll both do an inspection before I take the car home. My questions are what to look out for; are there any known issues with the ‘08’s? I know about the hood scoop and grills with the ‘07’s. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I hope to get ‘The Call’ sometime today… (Maybe)

My salesperson and I have agreed that my car will not go through the dealer prep once my car arrives at the dealership. The plan is for my car to come off the transporter and be taken inside and tucked away in the corner of the showroom with a sold sign until I can get up there to take possession (My dealer has a HUGE indoor showroom, 150,000 sf.). We’ll both do an inspection before I take the car home. My questions are what to look out for; are there any known issues with the ‘08’s? I know about the hood scoop and grills with the ‘07’s. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I too am thinking I need a checklist to use when my car is unloaded. Maybe the dealer has a checklist he uses when new cars arrive.

Do you have an estimated time of arrival?

Louisburg is 160 miles closer to SAI than VA Beach, plus you had a 2 day head start, so hopefully you get it in the next couple of days.

If you find something, I'll take a copy.

I was going to hit up MM for one. If he's got 1, I'll shoot you a copy.

Hey maybe you, me, Dig-it, and Milstang could be at the NC/VA welcome Center on I-95 when we all get our cars. It's roughly a half way point for us 4 (about 100 miles away from me).

I would double check the csm numbers to make sure they match, mine were different, and i still havent heard the resolve . congrats and welcome to the family!!

My salesperson just called!! My car arrived yesterday and the freaking driver just dropped it off in front of the dealership and left!!! My dealership isn't open on Sundays so they weren't able to take pictures of it being off loaded... :-( Plus he can't seem to find the keys.

The good news is the car is HERE, I can't pick it up until this afternoon. I'm home, but I have contractors doing work on the house and can't leave right now. So close, but yet still so far away!!!

Congrats on the arrival of your car! If the dealer does not prep it, be prepared for about 10 lbs. worth of Las Vegas dirt...and it gets everywhere. I was a littel concerned about the initial prep myself (nothing like dragging a sponge around in big circles when embedded with dirt to really make the car shine...), but MM's crew took very good care of it.

Mine was a late 2007 (4990), and my only problem is the rattling exhaust. It didn't surface until the car had about 3K on the clock, so I'm not sure that you would even notice this if it were to be a problem at delivery.

As for the original problems with the grille, stripes, scoop, etc., I think that SAI figured these out as they went. I would expect that you should be okay.

Where did you purchase your car? I'm over in Wake Forest, NC, though as previously mentioned, the car was purchased from Little SAI down is Perry, GA.

Louisburg is 160 miles closer to SAI than VA Beach, plus you had a 2 day head start, so hopefully you get it in the next couple of days.

Hey maybe you, me, Dig-it, and Milstang could be at the NC/VA welcome Center on I-95 when we all get our cars. It's roughly a half way point for us 4 (about 100 miles away from me).

Count me in, if you don't mind having an '07 black car around to mess up the photos. I'm about an hour from the VA border. During the winter, driving south is always preferable to driving north, but I'll make an exception to meet fellow Shelbyites. :D

Congrats on the arrival of your car! If the dealer does not prep it, be prepared for about 10 lbs. worth of Las Vegas dirt...and it gets everywhere. I was a littel concerned about the initial prep myself (nothing like dragging a sponge around in big circles when embedded with dirt to really make the car shine...), but MM's crew took very good care of it.

Mine was a late 2007 (4990), and my only problem is the rattling exhaust. It didn't surface until the car had about 3K on the clock, so I'm not sure that you would even notice this if it were to be a problem at delivery.

As for the original problems with the grille, stripes, scoop, etc., I think that SAI figured these out as they went. I would expect that you should be okay.

Where did you purchase your car? I'm over in Wake Forest, NC, though as previously mentioned, the car was purchased from Little SAI down is Perry, GA.

Count me in, if you don't mind having an '07 black car around to mess up the photos. I'm about an hour from the VA border. During the winter, driving south is always preferable to driving north, but I'll make an exception to meet fellow Shelbyites. :D

Thanks for the advice... I just moved from Wake Forest!! We lived there for over 11 years... We moved to Franklin County and happen to have a Louisburg address. We're just outside of Youngsville out past Hillridge Farms if you know where that is. Man, we'll need to get together...

I purchased my car from CrossRoads Ford, the Cary store. They happen to be our Mustang Club's corporate sponsor.

I'd be up for that as long as the weather is good... I could also invite another member of our club, he just purchased the last white '07 off the floor of my dealership.

My salesperson just called!! My car arrived yesterday and the freaking driver just dropped it off in front of the dealership and left!!! My dealership isn't open on Sundays so they weren't able to take pictures of it being off loaded... :-( Plus he can't seem to find the keys.

The good news is the car is HERE, I can't pick it up until this afternoon. I'm home, but I have contractors doing work on the house and can't leave right now. So close, but yet still so far away!!!

:o It's here it's here. Alright! You gotta be pumped. I'm so excited for you. Keep us updated and get some pix to post tonight. It only took 4 days. Mine will be more like 8.

Didn't mean to exclude you, just couldn't remember all the SGT owners in our neck of the woods. The more the merrier.

I'd be up for that as long as the weather is good... I could also invite another member of our club, he just purchased the last white '07 off the floor of my dealership.

Hopefully we will have more days like today. It was gorgeous here today.

ohmy.gif It's here it's here. Alright! You gotta be pumped. I'm so excited for you. Keep us updated and get some pix to post tonight.

Its not looking to good for that..... They can't find the F'ing keys to the car! The dealership is almost an hour away and I have no plans on makeing two trips there. Like I said in my previoius post the driver of the transporter did a 'dump and run' at the dealership sometime yesterday, there was know one at the dealership to receive the car. So I gave my salesperson John cell phone number and hopefully between the two of them they find the driver and find out where the keys to MY car are. If he still has them, I hope they send someone to go get them today or have the driver turn his ass around and bring them back.

:angry:

Check the hood pin plates to be sure some dingleberry didn't pop the hood with them in!.....

Steve said the wire with the pins are not on the car, not sure what that means. He thinks their inside the car and need to be install, could this be true? Again without the keys, they can't get into it...

Just got off the phone with John, he said this shouldn't have happen, but it did. The driver is SUPPOSE to wait until the dealership is open for someone to sign for the car. They're in the process of tracking the driver down.

Good point about new keys... Let me call my salesperson and see what he has to say about that.. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hang in there.

I'm trying.... Steve said he's going to have a key cut now just to open the doors and look around inside to see if the driver locked them inside the car. Keeping my fingers crossed... Well I need to head out for my doctors appointment, guess what I'm going for? To get my blood pressure checked!

08SGT1234 - Cool about you getting your Shelby - sucks about the driver! What a bittersweet moment!

As far as a get together, I don't believe anyone is excluded. It may be a while before all of us get our Shelby's, but I definitely see this as a reoccurring thing!

Status Report:

To make a long story short, the driver turned over the keys to the security personal at the dealership and he lock the keys in the console. This should not have happen under any circumstances but it did, all is forgiven. So my salesperson had a key cut as suggested, popped the car open and found the keys. So what stated out to be a not such a good day turned out to be a GREAT DAY after all, once I walked in to the showroom and saw her sitting there, WOW. I still can’t believe its mine. She’s now tucked away in my garage nice and dirty from the trip here, but I’ll get her all cleaned up over the weekend. Thanks to all for your positive thoughts throughout the day.

And a big thanks to John at SAI for jumping right on this once he found out what was going on.

Archived