TEAM SHELBY FORUM

dmagner1

Is this still available? PM me back if so.

Second, has anyone installed one on a GT? Where did you go through the firewall for the temp sensor? It looks like the main wiring harness to the interior fuse subpanel is there but it's under the battery on the other side and I couldn't see if it was accessible.

Third, which fuses did you tap into?

Yes did it some time ago, bought the Gentex OAT+ Homelink from Skip at the time.

Took about 45 min max to mount the mirror and route the wiring across the headliner, down the passenger A-pillar to the fusebox area. Then the fun.....you can go thry the firewall just above the passenger footwell and below the battery from underhood. I found it easier to remove the battery and battery bracket to fish the OAT wiring thru the firewall at that point, others smarter and faster than me probably don't need to do that. That took a little longer.

It absolutely goes on the list of things I *would* do again. The OAT is great for me in the Pacific NW with temps close to freezing at time, and the Homelink cleaned up 3 remotes off my passenger visor and the autodiming is great too. This really should have been part of the IUP package for the Mustang GT.

Wrt fuse, don't really remember, and don't have the directions handy, but the directions were pretty good about telling you you need a fuse that's always hot, or hot only with ignition on etc. Get out your Ford Mustang manual, look up the fuses and decide which fuse you want to use. The hard part is bending over leaning in and pulling an reinserting those 1/2 size fuses :whew:

Todd

07sgt1638

Just a note as I install these at a dealership. If you have the comfort group which includes the auto-dimming rearview mirror, you can install these mirrors but the factory has a feature that locks out the auto-dim when you put the car in reverse. These mirrors do not use this feature. You can use the power and ground that go to the mirror on your new one. Vt is power ( Hot in Run & Accy) and Bk is ground, the Wh-Lg is the reverse inhibit wire. If you want the install instuction let me know and I would be happy to send you a copy, all 14 pages ( 620kb )

Make sure you're getting the features you want. The mirror is offered in every combo possible. i.e. Homelink only; temp/compass only; compass only; homelink, temp/compass. I installed the Ford part - check this post and thread for more info. It is made by Gentex - so my guess is you guys may be onto something. Just wanted to point out to be sure about what you're ordering.

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...st&p=186961

Sounds cool, but I just cant get past the $300-$400 of rdealer install, with the price of the unit, $700-$800-$900 all together, cool but when I spend money next week, its going to be on an elbow, a tune, some UCA/LCA & Adj panhard bar. Not on a garage opener that tells me the temp.

Archived