TEAM SHELBY FORUM

dmagner1

is the install DIY or

does it require a dealer to install?

Had one installed on my Saleen, took the dealer tech about 4 hours and required removing part of the

head liner and dash . Also had to drill hole in the fire wall to route wiring for the temp sensor.

It was beyond my skill set, but if you have worked with interior trim piece and wiring, you could do it.

Here's a link to the mfg site:

HomeLink Mirror

Is this mirror the "monchromatic" one??? Or a regular mirror???

Gary

If you are asking if "monochromatic" means "auto-dimming", the answer is yes. Ford calls it "electrochromic" in their 2007 Mustang accessory catalogue, page 8.

Hi guys.

As I mentioned in another post, I had the dealer install one of these mirrors in my car as part of the deal to buy the car. I drove the car about 4 weeks before I got around to dropping it off for the install.

I have had it about 3 weeks. I LOVE it. The "auto-dimming" feature works very well. As does the Homelink. I really wanted the auto-dimming, Homelink and OAT feature. I have no need for the compass, but it came with it.

The housing is larger than the stock mirror, so it blocks a little more of the view looking in that direction, but it's easy to get used to.

is the install DIY or

does it require a dealer to install?

Most of the mirrors are straight forward install and most people should be able to do it themselves.

Does the mirror have homelink?

The one in question does not have HomeLink. There are several different styles to choose from. Go to

http://www.mitocorp.com/flash/homelinkautodimmingmirrors.htm and choose the style mirror that you are interested in and email at autosurvivalpro@aol.com and I will get you a price on it.

Thats a great price is this the factory unit?

Gentex makes the mirrors for Ford. These mirrors are packaged in a Gentex box instead of a Ford box. other than that I was advised that they are the same mirror.

HomeLink® Auto-Dimming Mirror w/harness 50-GENK40 would be the easiest to install and retails for 259.00. The price for forum members would be 210.00 + shipping.

Skip

People who are mechanically inclined should have no problem installing these mirrors. The temp probes do take a little time to install if you want the mirror with the temp option but it is not hard. If you can install an aftermarket stereo you should have no problem at all installing the mirrors.

I will try and scan the install instructions and post so members can see if it is something they want to try themselves or take some where to have installed.

Skip

How much for Part #50-GENK50, HomeLink® Compass/Temperature

Auto-Dimming Mirror

310.00 + SHIPPING

Sold.

E-mail on the way Skip

Todd Butler

CSM1638

For those interested installation instructions are on this site for the Ford OEM product. You can also check out the price and note that Skip is offering a very good price. (NOTE: I have *no* affiliation with anybody selling or offering any products on this or any other web site!) Hope this link works.....I may work for INtel but that does not make me computer or web literate :D

http://www.partscheap.com/08ford/instructi...nstructions.pdf

For those interested installation instructions are on this site for the Ford OEM product. You can also check out the price and note that Skip is offering a very good price. (NOTE: I have *no* affiliation with anybody selling or offering any products on this or any other web site!) Hope this link works.....I may work for INtel but that does not make me computer or web literate :D

http://www.partscheap.com/08ford/instructi...nstructions.pdf

That is a great price, I paid much more buying it thru the local Ford dealer.

I was into this project before this thread opened, and my project is finished now.

Bought the Genk50 mirror with OAT, Compass, and HomeLink from my dealership for 225.00

Bought a set of turn signal mirrors from Blue Oval Industries for 189.00

Extensive install, meaning time consuming in hunting down the correct electrical connections, but my dealership did it all for 400.00.

Worth it, IMHO.

• 2 months later...
310.00 + SHIPPING

Is this still available? PM me back if so.

Second, has anyone installed one on a GT? Where did you go through the firewall for the temp sensor? It looks like the main wiring harness to the interior fuse subpanel is there but it's under the battery on the other side and I couldn't see if it was accessible.

Third, which fuses did you tap into?

Archived