TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2003/2004 Mach1 Ex - (or current) Owners

jaydub Mach1

I'll let you know after I get my SGT!

I bought my MACH I after I had already put the KB blower on my '01 GT, so the MACH always seemed more "tame". I do miss the balance the car seemed to have with the AL block, the suspension and the brakes. Shaker = mega-cool!

I owned a 04 Mach1 Auto(Dragpakmach on Mach1 registry)The 4 valve is livlier up high But I think the SHELBYS extra weight,Drive by wire throttle,and the WEAK tune from Ford makes it that way.My 07 GT/CS made 300 to the wheels and trapped 109-110 on drag radials.So a little tweaking on the Shelbys will work wonders for numbers.

I've had both. I owned and built three 4V engines, but I'm keeping my 3V SGT engine stock.

All of them use the same shortblock, and it has its limitations. You can build a real quick street/strip toy on 3V underpinnings, but you can only go so far. It's a "square" (3.50 bore, 3.54 stroke) block that's short on low RPM torque. But, it breathes really nice above 2500-3000 RPM. I would keep the power around 450 at the wheels, and the engine will live a very long life. As you crank up the power, you tear some pages out of the back of the calendar.

All things being equal, I'll take a 3V over the 4V, but that's just my opinion.

I think I prefer the grunt of my old 2004 Mach1 4V vs the SGT's 3V, even with the SGT's upgrades.

Too bad they didn't put the 4V in the SGT's!

I also miss the shaker.

Other than that, I'll take the SGT :lol::lol:

I agree.

I would have kept the Mach when i bought the SGT but "THE BOSS" wasn't going for that idea. Guess i'm only allowed one toy at a time. <_<

I agree.

I would have kept the Mach when i bought the SGT but "THE BOSS" wasn't going for that idea. Guess i'm only allowed one toy at a time. <_<

:lol::lol: Yes. Same here!!

I had an Azure Blue Mach1. My son said I should wait for the 2008 SGT. Since it's a blue, too, my wife would never know the difference. :lol::lol:

The funny thing is, he's probably correct!!

Archived