TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mr. Shelby's autograph

SGT/SC2873

Even with the COA and/or photograph I think we should all be reminded, including myself that while the signatrue means alot to us, it is really about the charity. That way when someone comments about "the signature" those of us who have it can and should explain how it helps the charitable organization designated by Mr. Shelby. I am sure many of you already do that! Cg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a note, my '08 SGT came with Carroll's signature on the passenger sun visor included.

Really, the signature was on there? I just got my 08 this week-now you make me want to leave work and go check! I did not look!

I have my passenger side visor signed and numbered to match my SGT number. In silver metallic ink it says #393 and has Carroll's Signature. I was going to do my airbag cover but decided that it was too much trouble and I didn't want any issues. I sent in the visor with my donation and got the visor back in about 3 weeks.

I flip the visor down and turn it out to the side window at car shows. People really get jazzed up about it being signed. I highly recommend getting the visor signed! It's easy, it gets protected when the visor is up in the fixed position, at car shows it's easy to flip down and swing out to present the signature to the droolers. It's really a great spot on the car to do it. -As someone else already mentioned... Make sure you use tape to mark where to sign and which way to read. I was recommended doing so as well and it worked for me!

[

I don't think any kind of metal plate would be a good idea on the dash, at least in front of the airbag, as a deployment of the airbag may permanantly imprint Carrolls signature in your wife's forehead.......backwards. :huh:

Thats funny! I mentioned the same thing to my wife and she told me to leave the electrical connector disconnected and that she would sacrafice herself to protect Carroll's autograph. What a great woman!

Hi all! I'm going to send my air bag for Sig. & CSM#. :D (I'll have one of the guys in my shop take it out if I ever get my car) :lol: I had hoped to have it signed while it's been there but I guess that email got overlooked (no big deal). It is a wonderful thing for Mr. Shelby to do these things for charity (and us!). Speaking of which, I bought tickets last summer for win a Shelby (needless to say it wasn't me) but a worthwhile donation for charity. Anyway, I told my guy's last week I was the winner and should be getting the car deliverd next week :lol::lol::lol: They are pissed, lot's of choice words. LMAO!!!!! I think it's funny anyway.

Word to the wise, no matter what you send for a signature, be sure to properly label the direction you want it signed. I saw and heard some people that had things signed and when they put them back on the car they were upside down. Use masking tape or something to label.

Good luck.

:lol::lol::lol:

i know its not funny but what the hell.

i guess they can always say they requested Caroll Shelby to stand on his head while signing thier cars.

• 11 months later...

Today, I removed my airbag cover and shipped if off to Mr. Shelby for his autograph. This is a Christmas gift from my wife (God bless her). I though I would post some photographs which show the process in hopes that it may help others down the road.

IMG_3289.jpg

IMG_3291.jpg

IMG_3292.jpg

IMG_3293.jpg

IMG_3294.jpg

IMG_3295.jpg

IMG_3296.jpg

IMG_3297.jpg

IMG_3298.jpg

IMG_3299.jpg

Ilmor: I also pulled my airbag today to send it in for CS signature. My wife thought that I should have it for Christmas. Great minds think a like. I will have mine in the mail on Monday.

I checked yesterday with the local Ford dealer to see how much to pull and reinstall the airbag. They told me $200 for pull it and reinstall (1 hour each way at $97/hr). That was the easiest $200 I ever saved and it took me less than 30 minutes to get it out.

I checked yesterday with the local Ford dealer to see how much to pull and reinstall the airbag. They told me $200 for pull it and reinstall (1 hour each way at $97/hr). That was the easiest $200 I ever saved and it took me less than 30 minutes to get it out.

OMG!

I sent mine via UPS this morning. I hope Mr. Shelby doesn't have too much of a backlog, because I'd like to get it installed by Christmas!

Is there a special address for his signature or does it just go to SHELBY AUTOMOBILES, INC. in Las Vegas?

You need to send it to:

Carroll Shelby Children’s Foundation

19021 S. Figueroa Street

Gardena CA 90248

Check out the following link for more info. Its pretty cool to get his autograph and the money goes to a good cause! :)

Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Link

You need to send it to:

Carroll Shelby Children’s Foundation

19021 S. Figueroa Street

Gardena CA 90248

Check out the following link for more info. Its pretty cool to get his autograph and the money goes to a good cause! :)

Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Link

Thanks. I'm so glad I asked. How foolish would I've felt if I sent it to Vegas...

I too, heard that Carroll no longer gets in cars to sign them, but if you look in the gt500 forum, there is a topic about 40th anniversary gt500's and attached is a picture of carroll sitting in a gt500 signing the car.

I believe it was the 40th anniversary party, and I believe it was recent, but I could be wrong. The guy who owned the car was standing there taking the photo.

Of course, they will probably tell you that was a special occasion, and was an exception to the rule. :o

EDIT: Look under GT500, Shelby signature, post # 2!

Yep, such as Terlingua, he came outside and signed a few cars. But the process of removing the airbag cover is not hard at all and I am not an expert in mechanical jobs, if you can follow instructions (Grabber always has them) you can't go wrong.You'll save the extra expense that the dealer will charge you, more money for actual mods LOL!!!!

I have my dash signed withe some personal stuff on it because it means something to me and it will never be sold,EVER!!!! I also got him to sign my visor at the Terlingua meet..... :happy feet: along with a few others including Amy and the man's wife,Cleo.....

DSC03422.jpg

DSC02991.jpg

OMG!

I sent mine via UPS this morning. I hope Mr. Shelby doesn't have too much of a backlog, because I'd like to get it installed by Christmas!

normally 3-6wks, but I've gotten stuff back with in 3wks. i'm waiting for 2 pcs now, going on 4wks Tuesday.

This will be my project when I get back home from work in Ohio next week. . . . I've got to get mine signed by the man. I've also got to do a little research. The company I work for will match any donation that I make. So I'm hoping that I can work out a way to get 2 signatures!! Thank you for posting the removal pics! That will be huge when I get started on this project!

I want to send something on the car to be autographed by Mr. Shelby. I was thinking about the panel that covers the passenger side airbag. Can anyone tell me if this panel simply "pops" off with a little prying or is it held on differently? i.e. nuts or another type fastener? Thanks, Cg

Okay here is the easy way.....I bought new covers for my black GT500 and white SGT, sent them out along with a dash box from the '65 COBRA and three weeks later it all shows up back at home station. I then go to my local FORD dealer who knows how to take the covers off easily. Battery disconnect, several bolts in the back to undo, and the airbag is removed. Next he pushes on the back of the cover towards the front and out it pops. Then the new signed cover is pressed into place, airbag placed back into position, and the bolts attached again. 5 minutes to do the whole exchange. Charge is for 30 minutes for both and most of the time was because I was talking with the tech.

I sold the black cover for the GT500 and still have the aluminum one for the SGT. Both cars are '07s with less than 3,000 miles. That way your not driving around for 3-4 weeks with a hole in your dash.

What dash cover do you have?

post-13173-1228763227_thumb.jpg

post-13173-1228763380_thumb.jpg

post-13173-1228763227_thumb.jpg

post-13173-1228763380_thumb.jpg

Okay here is the easy way.....I bought new covers for my black GT500 and white SGT, sent them out along with a dash box from the '65 COBRA and three weeks later it all shows up back at home station. I then go to my local FORD dealer who knows how to take the covers off easily. Battery disconnect, several bolts in the back to undo, and the airbag is removed. Next he pushes on the back of the cover towards the front and out it pops. Then the new signed cover is pressed into place, airbag placed back into position, and the bolts attached again. 5 minutes to do the whole exchange. Charge is for 30 minutes for both and most of the time was because I was talking with the tech.

I sold the black cover for the GT500 and still have the aluminum one for the SGT. Both cars are '07s with less than 3,000 miles. That way your not driving around for 3-4 weeks with a hole in your dash.

What dash cover do you have?

Would you like to sell the aluminun SGT cover and if so how much.

Rick

My airbag cover arrived in Gardena, CA today. I guess Mr. Shelby signs them there? Or do they in turn ship to him?

My airbag cover was also delivered on Friday at 1:50 PM. We are in the same boat on this issue. If they sign it quick enough, it could be ... ready for it... "Home in time for Christmas" :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter just called me and told me that Christmas came early...My Carroll Shelby Autographed Airbag cover has been returned.

This was much faster than I ever expected. I mailed it in on Dec. 8...that makes it a 15 day turn around.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Archived