TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What ever you do!!!

csm198

Do not use a performance 4" driveshaft unless you want a 500 dollar tube laying around your garage. They are too big and cause clearance problems when you go over bumps etc... `Instead if you want to upgrade your DS use a 3 1/2". I speak from experience. Also for you california folks with SCed cars i recommend forgetting about a brenspeed tune. The one I got just detonates. They emailed me a new lower advanced tune and it detonates too. Im gonna try to see if they will take it back. The problem is californians have 91 octane fuel, and the tune is designed for 83 octane. What a hassle! I tell you. I am about ready to shoot myself.

Do not use a performance 4" driveshaft unless you want a 500 dollar tube laying around your garage. They are too big and cause clearance problems when you go over bumps etc... `Instead if you want to upgrade your DS use a 3 1/2". I speak from experience.

I have read about many issues with the 4" shaft on other forums and read install instructions. Just seemed like a can of worms. I went with a chrome moly 3 1/2" shaft. Sorry you had to go through all of the trouble. What exactly happened?

Do not use a performance 4" driveshaft unless you want a 500 dollar tube laying around your garage. They are too big and cause clearance problems when you go over bumps etc... `Instead if you want to upgrade your DS use a 3 1/2". I speak from experience. Also for you california folks with SCed cars i recommend forgetting about a brenspeed tune. The one I got just detonates. They emailed me a new lower advanced tune and it detonates too. Im gonna try to see if they will take it back. The problem is californians have 91 octane fuel, and the tune is designed for 83 octane. What a hassle! I tell you. I am about ready to shoot myself.

Jonathan, Sorry to hear about issues. I'd posted a while back about 4" drive lines hitting and don't forget to get the safety strap for a one piece. My advice on the tuning of the car, DO NOT USE A CANNED TUNE ON SUPERCHARGED CAR. Join a local Mustang club or find a local club that has forums to find a good tuner. SC cars have to be dyno tuned. Too many variables. Yes it cost more, it's the proverbial...you can pay me now or pay me later. Later usually ends up costing more.

Good luck, Dave

Jonathan, Sorry to hear about issues. I'd posted a while back about 4" drive lines hitting and don't forget to get the safety strap for a one piece. My advice on the tuning of the car, DO NOT USE A CANNED TUNE ON SUPERCHARGED CAR. Join a local Mustang club or find a local club that has forums to find a good tuner. SC cars have to be dyno tuned. Too many variables. Yes it cost more, it's the proverbial...you can pay me now or pay me later. Later usually ends up costing more.

Good luck, Dave

Good post. The Brenspeed tune for non-SC'd cars makes it perform better with throttle response and seat of the pants HP, but I still will only be satisfied when I get the SC from SAI or a non aspirated engine with at least 385 hp @ the crank. I love the SGT but it lacks the true Hp of cars in our league.

Good post. The Brenspeed tune for non-SC'd cars makes it perform better with throttle response and seat of the pants HP, but I still will only be satisfied when I get the SC from SAI or a non aspirated engine with at least 385 hp @ the crank. I love the SGT but it lacks the true Hp of cars in our league.

What are thoughts on nitrous, wise one?

I'd like a 100hp quick boost but many complain about filling the bottle at $60.00 a pop.

I have read about many issues with the 4" shaft on other forums and read install instructions. Just seemed like a can of worms. I went with a chrome moly 3 1/2" shaft. Sorry you had to go through all of the trouble. What exactly happened?

The 3.5" working good for you Ross ?

The 3.5" working good for you Ross ?

Can't really say. Still waiting for delivery. From what I hear from the mfg. vendors bought them all up and I'm waiting on the next production. But I won't be able to tell you for awhile. The snow flew and the salt and sand went down this weekend so 5322 is put to bed for the winter :( I'll have to wait to spring before I can give you a report. It is however, the driveshaft that Tasca Ford uses on their 900+ RWHP Shelby GT500.

Can't really say. Still waiting for delivery. From what I hear from the mfg. vendors bought them all up and I'm waiting on the next production. But I won't be able to tell you for awhile. The snow flew and the salt and sand went down this weekend so 5322 is put to bed for the winter :( I'll have to wait to spring before I can give you a report. It is however, the driveshaft that Tasca Ford uses on their 900+ RWHP Shelby GT500.

Well thanks guys. I am frustrated. Nothing happened bad except my money in others hands. Im going back to stock and checking to see what recourse for returns I have.

I'm under my car putting control arms on and I just don't see any reason for us to have a 2 piece shaft. I assume there is one?

Critical speed and cost.

A two piece shaft has a much higher critical speed than a 1 piece shaft. To put a 1 piece shaft able to support 140+ mph would have run between $700 - $1000 just for the shaft.

Critical speed and cost.

A two piece shaft has a much higher critical speed than a 1 piece shaft. To put a 1 piece shaft able to support 140+ mph would have run between $700 - $1000 just for the shaft.

So are the aftermarket 1 piece shafts speed limited to under 140 and how much do they cost?

why would someone run 83 octane? does that even exist?? :blink:

So are the aftermarket 1 piece shafts speed limited to under 140 and how much do they cost?

Just ask the company what the critical speed of the shaft is if you're buying one. If they can't tell you EXACT numbers, go somewhere else. Several guys on here have a 1 piece aluminum and one of the manufacturers actually posted the info but I can't remember who it was.

We had this discussion some time ago and I posted a pic of my driveshaft that exceeded it's critical speed and then exploded in the middle (Dodge truck). The shaft that was being discussed turned out to be well made and capable of high speeds.

Archived