TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Some dealers still clueless

SGT ShuttleGuy

Are there still dealers out there that don't know what they have on their lots? I recently called a local dealer and talked to a guy in the service department about bringing my car their for some service. I mentioned that I have a new Shelby GT and I wanted to make sure that they know how to deal with any item that is SAI warranted. I couldn't believe my ears when he responded, and I paraphrase, "yeah, we work on those. It's that Dodge, right?" I guess I should have been more specific. I guess I could attribute it to the fact that this particular dealer is one of those "auto mall" types and I might have reached a guy who isn't familiar with the full Ford line. But, then again, I might be driving a little further than originally planned for my service (to another dealer, that is).

Are there still dealers out there that don't know what they have on their lots? I recently called a local dealer and talked to a guy in the service department about bringing my car their for some service. I mentioned that I have a new Shelby GT and I wanted to make sure that they know how to deal with any item that is SAI warranted. I couldn't believe my ears when he responded, and I paraphrase, "yeah, we work on those. It's that Dodge, right?" I guess I should have been more specific. I guess I could attribute it to the fact that this particular dealer is one of those "auto mall" types and I might have reached a guy who isn't familiar with the full Ford line. But, then again, I might be driving a little further than originally planned for my service (to another dealer, that is).

i figured he would have called it a "baby" shelby, but he did much worse!

michael morris

You think that is bad. Wait tell you read this.

I just went down this morning to pay taxes on my new car and get plates. The Treasures office was not sure how to classify the Mustang (Premium or Deluxe?) I do not consider this their fault. They have a classification for Shelby 500 but not the Shelby GT.

At this point they call the dealer. The dealer told them...are you ready...my car is not a "REAL" Shelby. Can you believe the nerve of that dealer.

I will call them later when I cool off a little.

I just went down this morning to pay taxes on my new car and get plates. The Treasures office was not sure how to classify the Mustang (Premium or Deluxe?) I do not consider this their fault. They have a classification for Shelby 500 but not the Shelby GT.

At this point they call the dealer. The dealer told them...are you ready...my car is not a "REAL" Shelby. Can you believe the nerve of that dealer.

UGH! :angry:

Might have been a favor tax wise :) If my tax man wants to call mine a regular Mustang he'll get no arguments from me :D

Archived