• Metallic Gray

• White

• Grabber Orange

• Grabber Green

• Grabber Blue

• Grabber Yellow

Any others? :)

How about Lime Green from the 70 Boss 302's

B) I think using the 5.0 Cammer is a must! I mean, a Boss 4.6 or Boss 5.4 is just not right.

The concept Boss pics that you've seen on the different Mustang sites look really good. I would offer it with the option of a Shaker hood setup.

Suspension should be a road race setup straight from factory.

Interior should seperate the Boss from the GT, Shelby, and a Mach 1 if they should do it.

Colors - Ford, pay attention... offer it with the true Boss Mustang colors like...

Grabber Yellow

Lime Green

Calypso Coral

Grabber Blue

Grabber Orange

and Royal Maroon, Gulfstream Aqua

B)

Does anyone else have any thoughts? This is our chance to let Ford hear our opinions so speak up!! :D

wow what happened there. you pretty much covered it all in your 1st post. :lol:

wow what happened there. you pretty much covered it all in your 1st post. :lol:

Sorry computer went all #@%^&*%$# :lol:

This is what i would like to see:

9 inch ford rearend

a couple different gear ratios(3:73,4:10)

31 or 33 spline axles or even 35

short throw 6 speed manual

long tube headers

needs to pull at leat 1 g

13 or 14 inch brakes all around

shaker hood scoop

rear seat delete

radio delete

a/c delete

lowered about 1.5 inches

grabber paint colors

naturally aspirated

Give us some options to choose from

We should be able to order it any way we want

Make sure it lives up to the orginial Boss in every way

If ford is going to bring back one of the boss mustangs why not bring back another. Since the new corvette z06 is going to be 505 horsepower with a 427 and the shelby is 475 with the 5.4 why not bring back the Boss 429 and price it right with the z06 corvette and make the boss 520+ horsepower. Ford could develope a 429 cubic inch modular version and make it like the other boss to handle just as well if not better.

My assumption regarding the potential launch of the Boss is that it would likely be the '09 model year for several reasons:

1. The 40th Anniversary of the original Boss Mustangs
  2. The potential that Ford may make some styling revisions in the '09 model year
  3. The launch of the Camaro/Challenger by the competition

I also believe we will see the first S/E as a Mach I in 2008.

Regarding my wish list for the Boss. I am less wedded to a revision in the rear quarter treatment as I am into adding flares for the rear quarters similar to the '69 - '70 cars, sometimes called "hips".

A photoshop that was posted elsewhere on the net illustrates the concept in better detail. What I like about this chop is the rear "hips" and the side scallops, no scoops just a scallop.

post-2621-1138198813_thumb.jpg

post-2621-1138199063_thumb.jpg

post-2621-1138198813_thumb.jpg

post-2621-1138199063_thumb.jpg

there should never be an automatic transmission in a mustang wearing the name Boss.

there has never been a factory boss auto, and there should never be one

This is 100% WRONG.

There was a single 1970 Boss 429 Produced with an Automatic transmission. It was configured to be shipped to Japan as a demo unit of Ford Power.

The car now sits as the property of one Bill Goldberg (yes, of the WWE) with 700 original miles on it.

Now you know.

Would there be any objections to build the Boss off of a non-GT body. . .like the V6? I mean, just use the V6 body and toss a 5.4L in it. Just real simple. Or would that not be enough for most people?

Robert. The non-GT body would be fine with me. Seeing how a version of the GT-R front clip is used on the GT 500, the standard clip may save money and still look great. The most important thing, is getting it to market before the competitors start selling their pony cars. I am one of the people who believe a "Boss" is more important than some of the other versions that have been mentioned.

I have two schools of thought on this - go for the Boss 302 with the Cammer (450HP) and all the dress up goodies (rear slats and spoiler, front air dam, stripes, resurrect the boss colours, make it handle with IRS, etc.) or go for the more iron fist in a velvet glove approach of the Boss 351, strictly a no-nonsense affordable go fast Mustang. Natural aspiration - I assume that Ford will want to stick with something that will be profitable and sell like crazy, the name is a legend to Ford, much like the Hemi is to Dodge, so take advantage of your strengths.

The Challenger and Camaro(or if the Camaro) will be packing some serious HPS, so plan ahead a bit and cut them off at the pass. The GT500 is basically the rich man's Muscle car - make the boss affordable for everyone - just a bit above the GT.

A "big" 32V 5.4L v8 would make the car more of a Boss 429 successor. The Boss 302 to me, was always about great handling and fairly high-strung horsepower from a small engine - a decontented, high tech, lightweight racer for the streets. The recent and successful Grand-Am race parts program has been in full swing for over a year now, so the chassis bits are already on the shelf.

I like V8s as much as the next Mustang owner, but this time, under the hood, I would like to see Ford utilize some of their own in-house turbocharging technology from Mazda and Volvo. Wouldn't it be great to see Ford apply twin turbo technology to a rwd version of the new 3.5L V6 in the Mustang?

Think about this for a moment: Mazda bumped the power of the 2.3L from 160 to 270 in the M-Speed 6; a similar 70% increase applied to the 250 hp 3.5L would put it right around 425 horsepower. Woof.

A twin turbo V6 could probably be packaged to be as light or slightly lighter than the 5.0L cammer V8, it would put less of a dent in the corporate CAFE average, and should make it much easier for the hotrodder crowd to squeeze out better power numbers.

• 3 months later...

If ford is going to bring back one of the boss mustangs why not bring back another. Since the new corvette z06 is going to be 505 horsepower with a 427 and the shelby is 475 with the 5.4 why not bring back the Boss 429 and price it right with the z06 corvette and make the boss 520+ horsepower. Ford could develope a 429 cubic inch modular version and make it like the other boss to handle just as well if not better.

Already have prototype 427/9 nat.asp. aluminum V10 modular -- 650HP... was shown two years ago in both Cobra-II concept and full-size ford concept ("the 427") That would make an awesome Boss 429 base

Archived