TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Homelink install

RogerS

Found this on another Mustang site. Looks factory. Should have come standard with the IUP.

http://www.badmustangsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18478

But, in the perfect world, would we not rather have a rear view mirror that provides the outside temperature, a compass heading and a button for the garage door opener? I have been looking at them and the units are out there. I am looking for the right place to install it and am going to wait until after the Mod Shop given that the temperature sensor goes up in the nose somewhere and I do not want to worry about it when SAI installs the lower grill. Jim

But, in the perfect world, would we not rather have a rear view mirror that provides the outside temperature, a compass heading and a button for the garage door opener? I have been looking at them and the units are out there. I am looking for the right place to install it and am going to wait until after the Mod Shop given that the temperature sensor goes up in the nose somewhere and I do not want to worry about it when SAI installs the lower grill. Jim

Yes there is a step by step direction on installing one on themustangsource forums. Been there for years and the mirror also darkens when lights hit it from behind. Keeps you from being blinded by everyone behind you, which at the ride height we have seems to be everyone.

That has been on my list for a long time as well. They also mention you can get the same type of mirror from Mazda for cheaper.

I will see if I can find the link for over here.

I had the dealer install one of those mirrors with o/s temp, Homelink, compass heading and auto dimming. It was part of the deal to buy the car. That and heated seats. It works very well. It comes with 3 of the Homelink buttons. It's a little pricey ~$400 if you pay retail, but works well.

I agree that it should come with the IUP.

Cheers

I believe there is a factory option is there not ? They are like $349.00 or so best price I've seen. I was thinking there was a Ford number for the mustang but maybe it was an F-150 mirror.First car i've bought in a long time that had a maual mirror and not temp.

In 2005 I think Ford was really trying to get back to the mustangs roots and build a simple light car with out all the bells and whistles. I appreciate the idea but on the other hand i like my bells and whistles :D

Found the the link I was thinking of here Mustang Mirrior

Hey Wado,

Thanks for finding this. I think when everything is said and done, I would rather have the dealer do it and I will work overtime doing what I know how to do. Now that I have seen it, I have to have it. :) Thanks again. Jim

For those looking for the mirror upgrade, mabye Michael Morris can get us a group deal? Michael?

Hello,

Not sure what kind of deal Michael can get nor do I want to step on his toes. Just wanted to let you guys know what I can do if your interested or in case Michael is not able to do a group buy. I am a HomeLink dealer in NE TN. If any one is inerested in the Gentex mirrors go to www.mitocorp.com and choose model number under the the products tab, email me the model you are interested in at autosurvivalpro@aol.com and I will give a discounted price to forum members.

Thanks,

Skip

Hello,

Not sure what kind of deal Michael can get nor do I want to step on his toes. Just wanted to let you guys know what I can do if your interested or in case Michael is not able to do a group buy. I am a HomeLink dealer in NE TN. If any one is inerested in the Gentex mirrors go to www.mitocorp.com and choose model number under the the products tab, email me the model you are interested in at autosurvivalpro@aol.com and I will give a discounted price to forum members.

Thanks,

Skip

hows a price on this one50-GENK20 ) Self Dimming Mirror, EC Comp/Temp w/ Harness :huh: :blink:

Archived