TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alternative to American Racing GT40 wheels

RogerS

Just a note for anyone comtemplating the purchase of the American Racing GT40 wheels. The Carroll Shelby Wheel Company will be or is now offering, I'm not sure if they are avalible yet, a NEW CS40 wheel. I have attached pics. They are listed in the new Winter edition of the catalog. They are quite a bit LESS in price than the American Racing custom versions and I'm sure there are weight differences. But if the weight and construction meaning 1 piece vs. 2 piece vs. a 3 piece wheel doesn't bother you at least it is an alternative.

They are only avalible in 20" x 10" and 20"x 9" sizes and in Silver, Chrome and Hyper Black

Pricing is as follows:

9" $344.99 for Black and Silver

9" $449.99 for Chrome

10" $364.99 for Black and Silver

10" $464.99 for Chrome

Capturewheels.jpg

Capturewheels2.jpg

You can also purchase any Shelby Wheel Company Wheel through Authorized Ford Dealers such as Michael Morris.

From what I can tell, I like this wheel alot, it's really a nice alternative to the GT40, and save yourself over $3k. Unfortunately, according to SPP, these won't be available until March '08.

I read your earlier post. That is too bad it's going to take so long. It is a nice alternative though, when they release the product. :(

I read your earlier post. That is too bad it's going to take so long. It is a nice alternative though, when they release the product. :(

For a savings of about $800 per wheel over the GT 40 wheels I can wait! Love them!!

Dave

It looks like the valve stem is in a slighty different position, otherwise they look the same. But no silver, only gray, black or polished. They also have the knock off spinner available. They must manufacture, or share a manufacturer, with SPP.

Archived