TEAM SHELBY FORUM

pic of boss in motortrend mag

02dsghd

has anyone seen the photo of the boss in motortrend magazine. i almost fell out of my chair when i saw it. if the shelby doesnt pan out this will be about 1000th of a second behind the shelby as far as buying one goes. this thing looks well ummmm unbelieveable, its dropped all the way round has the shelby wheels on it and the colour and graphics look awesome. the article goes onto say it will have the high revving 5.0 cammer motor in it, an alloy block, good for about 390hp, not sure of what kind of tranny. but if you get a chance, pick up a copy and take a look at this car. my thoughts were shelby first, but after seeing this car hmmmm and the price seems in the ball park too, i may be looking at this one instead.

I think on another topic here we have that clip of the mag, and yes it is very very nice, If they build it Id buy it over the GT500 probably, its really sounding like I want it to be a great handling NA 302 with almost 400hp right inbetween the GT and GT500 model, perfect competition for the upcoming Z28 and SRT8 challenger.

I think on another topic here we have that clip of the mag, and yes it is very very nice, If they build it Id buy it over the GT500 probably, its really sounding like I want it to be a great handling NA 302 with almost 400hp right inbetween the GT and GT500 model, perfect competition for the upcoming Z28 and SRT8 challenger.

Sounds nice -- gotta keep on the lookout for the article. If anyone sees a link to a pic would be great.

I wonder if they got the 390HP from the 290KW Aussie version (about 390 hp, I think). Did they say anything about spray-bore or stroker to get to 5.0/302?

• 2 weeks later...

It's the September issue of Motor Trend, the one with the GT350-H on the cover.

Yeah, pg 14-15.

But it looks to me like a GT500 with the FRPP 1.5" spring kit, GT hood (hard to tell, but no vents visible) and photoshopped stripes. I think MT cought wind that the Boss is the next flavor-of-the-year and felt they wanted to beat the other mags to the speculation game. It has GT500 wheels, fairly traditional Boss302 stripe and black spoiler and side-mirrors. The exhaust tips look to be angle-cut (GT500?) -- definately not the GT-H FRPP axle back tips which are larger and stick out more). It's only a side-'shot' so hard to tell more. The side-body and glass reflections appear to be doctored in that there's no tattle-tale info or hot-spots in the reflections. Does look nice, though.. plain and clean.

Yeah, pg 14-15.

But it looks to me like a GT500 with the FRPP 1.5" spring kit, GT hood (hard to tell, but no vents visible) and photoshopped stripes. I think MT cought wind that the Boss is the next flavor-of-the-year and felt they wanted to beat the other mags to the speculation game. It has GT500 wheels, fairly traditional Boss302 stripe and black spoiler and side-mirrors. The exhaust tips look to be angle-cut (GT500?) -- definately not the GT-H FRPP axle back tips which are larger and stick out more). It's only a side-'shot' so hard to tell more. The side-body and glass reflections appear to be doctored in that there's no tattle-tale info or hot-spots in the reflections. Does look nice, though.. plain and clean.

Definitely agree, the photo is definitely "shopped". The only thing noteworthy in the article is the indication that the Boss will be powered by a 390 hp 5.0L engine with GT500 suspension settings (means no IRS) and some weight reduction. However, there has been much speculation on this board that a 5.0L will not power the Boss but possibly a derivative of the yet-to-be-released Hurricane engine. I'd vote for two Boss versions a 5.0L and a 5.8L but I'm just being greedy!! :D

Definitely agree, the photo is definitely "shopped". The only thing noteworthy in the article is the indication that the Boss will be powered by a 390 hp 5.0L engine with GT500 suspension settings (means no IRS) and some weight reduction. However, there has been much speculation on this board that a 5.0L will not power the Boss but possibly a derivative of the yet-to-be-released Hurricane engine. I'd vote for two Boss versions a 5.0L and a 5.8L but I'm just being greedy!! :D

There will be a lot of enthusiasts that will have fun with a big-block Boss. They love to rev and the decks are tall enough to stroke to well over 600cid (FRPP sells a modest 4bbl 514CID 625HP crate for $8,100). But, yeah, a sweet 390-425HP 5L mod curve-carver is more my style.

There will be a lot of enthusiasts that will have fun with a big-block Boss. They love to rev and the decks are tall enough to stroke to well over 600cid (FRPP sells a modest 4bbl 514CID 625HP crate for $8,100). But, yeah, a sweet 390-425HP 5L mod curve-carver is more my style.

+1...We are both in agreement on that point...Ford has at least two orders for the new Boss 302 B)

+1...We are both in agreement on that point...Ford has at least two orders for the new Boss 302 B)

Now, whatever Ford does with the Hurricane, this is the replacement block that goes in your track car -- certified to 2,500HP :)Stroker Engine monster Ford motors.

You gotta love what's out there now in the aftermarket. :o

:yahoo::drool::drool: Yeah!!! Now we are talking!!!

...and check out the 427 fully-siamesed alloy 6-bolt-mains side-oiler block Shelby's now offering (thru his engine builder in Gardenia, CA). Do you think that valley ribbing is stout enough?! This one is only certified to 1,500HP. They're also selling a complete line of hi-po 427 engine parts as well as fully built engines. The 427FE is only a medium-riser 427 (original 427 deck height) unlike the Stroker Engine block (prior post) which is a 10.3" (429/460) tall-deck that can be mega-stroked. But it's amazing that CS is actually selling re-engineered beefed-up alloy 427 FE blocks! I'm sure there are owners of original CS 427 Cobras who are ecstatic! How long can it be before someone redoes the SOHC heads (tha were banned from NASCAR for too much HP) or creates DOHC heads (if Ford hasn't already for the Hurricane) :)

CS 427 goodies

Sometimes I do wish I had more money <sigh>

:baby::drool:

...and check out the 427 fully-siamesed alloy 6-bolt-mains side-oiler block Shelby's now offering (thru his engine builder in Gardenia, CA). Do you think that valley ribbing is stout enough?! This one is only certified to 1,500HP. They're also selling a complete line of hi-po 427 engine parts as well as fully built engines. The 427FE is only a medium-riser 427 (original 427 deck height) unlike the Stroker Engine block (prior post) which is a 10.3" (429/460) tall-deck that can be mega-stroked. But it's amazing that CS is actually selling re-engineered beefed-up alloy 427 FE blocks! I'm sure there are owners of original CS 427 Cobras who are ecstatic! How long can it be before someone redoes the SOHC heads (tha were banned from NASCAR for too much HP) or creates DOHC heads (if Ford hasn't already for the Hurricane) :)

CS 427 goodies

Sometimes I do wish I had more money <sigh>

:baby::drool:

You and me both....caviar dreams on a water budget :shrug:

Archived