TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alcoa's

Strawman

You know, every time I look at your photo gallery (which is often), I wonder why I even bother looking, I LOVE your GT40's. No, actually, I DO know why, it's called $6k for wheels, that's what keeps me looking. I guess I'd better make up my mind, did it take the 6-8 weeks as advertised to get them?

I see that the Alcoa wheels are now available on the SPP site, will the 20's fit the brake package? Has anyone seen these on an SGT? I'm desperate enough to even ask for a photoshop image.

Yupper!!!! The 20" Alcoa's will fit the Baer brake packages, both BIG brake set up and the EXTREME set ups. But I believe (I could be wrong) that we will only install the RAZOR wheels here as to not to compete with the SS or the KR's that we are building.

Bud

You know, every time I look at your photo gallery (which is often), I wonder why I even bother looking, I LOVE your GT40's. No, actually, I DO know why, it's called $6k for wheels, that's what keeps me looking. I guess I'd better make up my mind, did it take the 6-8 weeks as advertised to get them?

Thank You. It is the one part where I sometimes think I may have went overboard there. It did take 6-8 weeks.

Well, I do like the GT40's too...I don't think you went overboard if you could afford it. I would probably do the same, but for now I was thinking either the Alcoa's or CS66's...but if they won't intstall the Alcoa's then will they intstall the CS66's while the car is at SAI? Also, will the 18 inch CS66's accomdoate the big brake upgrade down the road or will you need to go with the 20's?

Well, I do like the GT40's too...I don't think you went overboard if you could afford it. I would probably do the same, but for now I was thinking either the Alcoa's or CS66's...but if they won't intstall the Alcoa's then will they intstall the CS66's while the car is at SAI? Also, will the 18 inch CS66's accomdoate the big brake upgrade down the road or will you need to go with the 20's?

You would need to move to the 20's on the CS66's for the big brake package. They are beatuifully done wheels. Finish etc. are top notch. If you decied on them give Michael Morris a call. He will give you a great price and have them drop shipped at SAI for install.

Roger

Thanks for the info Roger. I wasn't sure if the 18's would accomodate the big brakes or not, I know some 18's will work with the brake upgrades.

I'm really not a Chrome guy, so does anyone have pictures of these wheels on a car either in black or anthracite? I'm not to sure how the black wheels would look on a Vista Blue car, but I like black the best.

I guess when I get back I will have to give MM a call! Thanks

Archived