TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Leak on Fuel Rail

IASHELBYGT

In my efforts to keep my SGT engine bay show room clean I have noticed after driving on two different occasions what looks to be oil residue on the top of the driver's side fuel rail. Upon further examination and smell, it smells like gas but has an oily texture. Anyone out there have this happen and any idea where it is coming from? I'd like to give an informed opinion to my Ford mechanic. Thanks,

Dave

In my efforts to keep my SGT engine bay show room clean I have noticed after driving on two different occasions what looks to be oil residue on the top of the driver's side fuel rail. Upon further examination and smell, it smells like gas but has an oily texture. Anyone out there have this happen and any idea where it is coming from? I'd like to give an informed opinion to my Ford mechanic. Thanks,

Dave

You mentioned keeping your SGT showroom clean. Do you use an engine cleaner which is oily for the shine? This could be why the gas feels oily.

I would check the "o" rings. Barring a broke line which would be obvious, this is the most reasonable route.

An AC leak might leave an oily residue but would not smell like gas.

No clue other than in your sig,you mention having installed gauge package from SAI. Possibly there's a leak coming from 1 of the fittings/lines?

Could be a number of things. If you suspect it being Fuel related,drive little as possible!

Have your dealer troubleshoot it,after all,part of the price you paid is the warranty :)

No clue other than in your sig,you mention having installed gauge package from SAI. Possibly there's a leak coming from 1 of the fittings/lines?

Could be a number of things. If you suspect it being Fuel related,drive little as possible!

Have your dealer troubleshoot it,after all,part of the price you paid is the warranty :)

Thanks for the thoughts. I thought O Ring or a fitting from the fuel pressure gauge but am not sure where it connects. Anybody know? John or Bud can you chime in?

Dave

Thanks for the thoughts. I thought O Ring or a fitting from the fuel pressure gauge but am not sure where it connects. Anybody know? John or Bud can you chime in?

Dave

Hi Dave,

On the left side (drivers side) of the engine---on top, you will see the fuel pressure sensor. There should be a line that comes off it and then it "T's" off. Check the sensor on top to make sure that it is not leaking.

See picture and look for the red arrow. Make sure it is not leaking in that area. If it is, the o-ring may need to be replaced.

fuelblock.jpg?t=1196114574

Bud

Hi Dave,

On the left side (drivers side) of the engine---on top, you will see the fuel pressure sensor. There should be a line that comes off it and then it "T's" off. Check the sensor on top to make sure that it is not leaking.

See picture and look for the red arrow. Make sure it is not leaking in that area. If it is, the o-ring may need to be replaced.

fuelblock.jpg?t=1196114574

Bud

Thanks Bud,

It's hard to tell but it seems that's where the fluid may be coming from. Thanks for the help to include the nice picture. I'll share with my mechanic. Dave

Archived