TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAAC

shelbygt350s

The LASAAC event was fun, despite rain showers to and at the event, and they were Shelby GT friendly but they classed the GT500s with the Ford GTs which seemed odd to me. While at the same time allowing a CS8 into the Shelby GT class. The bad preception of S197 Shelbys and SAAC relationship started with the GT500s and things like that classing add fuel to the preception.

Dear Amy,

This is solely my opinion (not that you need another :huh: ) however, from the sounds (tone, attitude, etc.) of the LASAAC, coupled with the fact that their Club is non-profit - I'd suggest you consider making a play here:

Officially invite the LASAAC to join Team Shelby- providing this group with a weblink? etc. to their site. Sign a license agreement with them based upon their willingness to participate as Team Shelby Members - rather than "sit by and watch what is going to happen." Shoot, you could even offer LASAAC Members with a special annual discount of the $49. fee (to $39. perhaps) -sort of a "group discount."

Give them the opportunity to be the first "club" to "sign on!" Build an event around this! Perhaps Mr. Shelby can attend a future LASAAC meeting as they officially sign-on to Team Shelby. Assist LASAAC with the design of a new logo - one that incorporates a bit of their group's historic look into the new look of Team Shelby? e.g if the various Canadian Regions of the SAAC were to follow suit, and providing these too operated as non-profits, etc., a derrivative of the Team Shelby logo, incorporating the Canadian Maple Leaf could be designed? just ideas here!

In summation, holding out an olive branch to the LASAAC makes sense. This is in line with your larger goal. This would be a wonderful and timely public relations effort to have in your favour!

If it can work for one SAAC splinter group...others will soon follow - and now you are on your way to building the bridges that will be necessary to pull off this new brand umbrella concept!

B)

Socaljafo; thanks for attending our LASAAC car show on the Santa Monica Pier in September. I was sweating out the weather, rain at a car show ............ not good, however we ended with beautiful weather and when Herbie Hancock showed up and talked about his original ownership of his Cobra, well that put the icing on the cake. Regarding the GT500's and the FordGT's, we need to have more of each vehicle to be able to split up the classes, we were limited to 85 cars this year and we are going to expand to 100 next September. The CS8, that is Jason from Hillbank/Superformance, he paid for your event t-shirt, I was going to let him park anywhere he wanted.

SGTinBC; that is an interesting concept and the LASAAC members discussed this at out last meeting. We welcome all enthusiast, ownership is not necessary. We have a very strong base of vintage Shelbys and Cobras, members that have been in the club since the begining, but we welcome everyone.

We have two Open Track events each year at Willow Springs and welcome all vehicles at these events. Our Car Shows are Ford Powered vehicles only.

Carroll was a strong supporter of our Los Angeles Club during the early stages and attended our Holiday Parties and Car Shows for many years and we appreciated his support.

Spoken like a lawyer :D

Yeah just keep trustin the system as long as you can pay :D

Guys,

The SAAC Agreement is a license between Carroll and SAAC run by shelby licensing, not me...lol

Carroll has had complaints and issues with how his brand was being portrayed over the years, his calls and letters unanswered he decided to not renew the license. That is his right as the licensor and the brand owner. Carroll and CSL have sent letters, emails and calls, no responses. Its a shame they finally responded in public and calling Carroll evil. It's a shame they went to that level.

That said, we have a lot of things we are working on, we will not get in the muck with them, I agree with the advice, I will not post that much anymore on these types of topics.

This is supposed to be fun, we need more fun, not less

Amy

Right on! The man owns his name. Fun Rules!

SGTinBC; that is an interesting concept and the LASAAC members discussed this at out last meeting. We welcome all enthusiast, ownership is not necessary. We have a very strong base of vintage Shelbys and Cobras, members that have been in the club since the begining, but we welcome everyone.

We have two Open Track events each year at Willow Springs and welcome all vehicles at these events. Our Car Shows are Ford Powered vehicles only.

Carroll was a strong supporter of our Los Angeles Club during the early stages and attended our Holiday Parties and Car Shows for many years and we appreciated his support.

Amy: If by any chance you ran across my post (idea to build bridges) above, I REALLY HOPE that you have noticed the above reply!

I truly see an opportunity for some very positive dialogue between SAI and LASAAC! You can begin the bridge building and the Shelby Umbrella will begin to unfold B)

Amy: If by any chance you ran across my post (idea to build bridges) above, I REALLY HOPE that you have noticed the above reply!

I truly see an opportunity for some very positive dialogue between SAI and LASAAC! You can begin the bridge building and the Shelby Umbrella will begin to unfold B)

I checked the site and I think it's great, first off, I would love to support all who want to.Not really possible so early in the game, but I am working on many supports for local shows and clubs around the country with the team shelby group. I have talked to Carroll, he will let all the regionals keep their names if they still want to, they will need to do a license agreement with licensing, so they are recorded.

I have recently been accused of trying to offer up the 1 dollar agreement to them under some conspiracy theory then try to take over all the saac regionals. I am not sure where all this fear and conspiracy is coming from, but that is not my intention or carroll's intention. It never was.

When I did the club at hot wheels I went out of my way to support the regional groups and big websites behind the scenes, sending prototypes, toys for kids, door prizes to specifically try to keep them all bolstered so they wouldnt colapse under the light of a new big corporate club. Those regional groups in some way survive today because of the support I showed them, actually i still send them shelby diecast....lol

A company site can never support the local groups like regional and individual fan sites can. these are specific and have a very true loyalty, that why I still support some of the local and regional clubs from Hot wheels.

That said, I am not out to "get " or consume all the regionals, if a regional group want to work with us on events, or shows or whatever ideas they have that we can help with, I would welcome them, please email me at

amyb@shelbyautos.com

I would love to hear the ideas, at the very least I would but up a weblink on team shelby, thank you for all the supportive posts

Amy

Archived