TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GTH Mods

HARALD KELLEY

Is anyone making any mods to their GTH?

I am thinking of doing several bolt ons that could be reversed in the future (all Shelby) with the exception of the paint:

1. 18" or 20" tire and rim change (chrome Shelby Razor) As seen on GTH in several Shelby billboards

2. Shelby GT Plus brake upgrade, front and rear

3. Paxton Supercharger

4. GT-H billet engine cap set

5. Paint stripe on vs decal

Just currious as to what others think or are doing.

I'm debating a wheel change to the CS 69s (I think those are the ones . . . Adam O'Dwyer has the same ones). Pretty pricey, though, so I have to be sure about it. And definitely painted stripes versus the vinyl, although I'm sure there will be cars 50 years from now worth $$$ because of the nice aged patina of their faded original stripes.

I'm debating a wheel change to the CS 69s (I think those are the ones . . . Adam O'Dwyer has the same ones). Pretty pricey, though, so I have to be sure about it. And definitely painted stripes versus the vinyl, although I'm sure there will be cars 50 years from now worth $$$ because of the nice aged patina of their faded original stripes.

Hi ,

I went with the 20" Shelby Razor Wheels. See attached Shelby Performance site.

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/List...gory/Wheel.aspx

This URL has some pictures of my car with the Shelby Razors. Page 1 thru 3 should give you more than enough pics.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzenyiyq/gt2nv/index.html

I was nervous if they would fit, because I had them on my convertible GT. As you know the GT-H is lower, but no problems at all.

All 4 tires are 255/35ZR20

Joe

And definitely painted stripes versus the vinyl, although I'm sure there will be cars 50 years from now worth $$$ because of the nice aged patina of their faded original stripes.

OK, I got to agree with painting the stripes (my are in pretty bad condition after being exposed to the San Diego sun). I know on other threads we've kicked around the paint code, etc. But does anybody actually have a picture of a car with the painted stripes in place?

Just curious before taking the plunge.

JW

• 3 months later...
And definitely painted stripes versus the vinyl, although I'm sure there will be cars 50 years from now worth $$$ because of the nice aged patina of their faded original stripes.

OK, I got to agree with painting the stripes (my are in pretty bad condition after being exposed to the San Diego sun). I know on other threads we've kicked around the paint code, etc. But does anybody actually have a picture of a car with the painted stripes in place?

Just curious before taking the plunge.

JW

== My stripes were slightly worn too, so I had them removed (for now) I am toying with the idea of ordering a new set of decals from Shelby, or to have them painted on.. Has anyone done this yet, any suggestions before I take the plunge either way too.... :) JG

Archived