TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Not the scoop, the gauge panel

AstroDan

Well... My scoop is perfect so far. My problem is the gauge cluster looks pretty sloppy. Is there anyone else out there with a similiar problem, and if so, any suggestions?

Also a pic of me outside Shelby earlier this week...

DSC02457.jpg

DSC02458.jpg

001.jpg

Well... My scoop is perfect so far. My problem is the gauge cluster looks pretty sloppy. Is there anyone else out there with a similiar problem, and if so, any suggestions?

Don't tease us! We want the photos. Jim

Mine doesn't fit all that well either. I have gaps on both sides. I had somebody suggest taking it to an upholster. They should be able to wrap it with a material that matches the dash and the gap will go away. I haven't done it yet.

Did yours come from a mod shop install or did you order it and install it yourself? Depending on how much the upholster would cost I was thinking of ordering a new cluster. I am told mine is a preproduction piece and i was hoping the ones in the catalog fit better. Does anybody have experience with a cluster ordered from Shelybperformanceparts.com.

Don't tease us! We want the photos. Jim

Didn't the photos show up?.....

I bought the car from my local Fodr dealer :unsure:

Hmmm....

Let me go back to the thread that tells how to show photos. I used www.upshizzle.com and added the links, I thought

Does this work?

DSC02458.jpg

001.jpg

DSC02457.jpg

Hmmm....

Let me go back to the thread that tells how to show photos. I used www.upshizzle.com and added the links, I thought

Does this work?

DSC02458.jpg

001.jpg

DSC02457.jpg

I have the same gauge pod set up as you and I must say the fit on yours is poor. The driver's side of the pod actually looks warped and there is a noticeable gap where you can see the adhesive or tape showing. Mine is not perfect either but seems to fit much better than yours. IMO I think it should fit better than that. I would not be satisfied with this and would be calling Bud or John at SAI and see if they will send you a new pod housing. Dave

My gauge pod was also a "pre-production" pod installed by the SAI mod shop in June 2007. The mod shop had to cut the bottom of the pod to conform to the dash. I know my pod isn't perfect but the fit is much better than yours. Do you know when yours was installed???

My only complaint is that the third gauge leaks light out of the side at night.

ShelbyCap%20007.JPG?imgmax=512

ShelbyCap%20008.JPG?imgmax=512

ShelbyCap%20009.JPG?imgmax=512

The gauge pod is just held on with velcro at 4 corners. The hooks were built into the pod, and tape backed velcro loops sticks to the dash. You can add/subtract velcro and reposition it to make the pod fit cleaner and more even. I had to do this on mine ( I was curious and started prying)...and now re-do it because I had a fuel pressure guage problem I was troubleshooting. It's not that big a deal to do this and make a better fit. The pod is not exactly a precision cast/formed component anyway <_<

One thing I did find out is if you have decided on your color in the mycolor dash lights, you can change out the illimination bulbs (currently white) in the guages to match.. I'm searcing for red bulbs now!

As always YMMV

Todd

CSM1638

DSC02457.jpg

DSC02458.jpg

001.jpg

Workmenship looks pretty poor. I hope you get the issues solved, please let us all know. I have ordered the same gauge cluster and will be extremely disappointed if it turns out the same as yours. Good luck..

Hmmm....

Does this work?

Hi Dan,

I have the photos now. Thanks. Jim

Hi Dan,

I have the photos now. Thanks. Jim

I forgot to make the folder public! lol :D

The drivers side (and to a leser degree the passenger side) is very stiff and doesn't seem like it will want to stick simply with more velcro. Yourslooks perfect, Berg!

I do not see any light-leak...

Dan

I did post this on the "Ask John" thread.... still waiting for response.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, once again John took care of business. My new gauge panel arrived UPS today! I will install tonight or tomorrow and I will post how it went and some pics.

Thanks for your VERY prompt response, John! :D B)

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

This is the way yours should look....

4th%20July%20284.JPG?imgmax=512

Well. That's how it looks now. :D

I took "Betsy" in for the 2000 mile service, (already?) and had the dealer swap out the housing. The wiring was a little more than I wanted to mess with. I was afraid if I mixed them up or broke something, I would not be under warranty.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh299/A...ugewiring01.jpg

Fairfield Ford (Ca.) Kevin did a great job! I will take pics of the "after" if anyones interested.

Again, thanks John for your help. B)

Dan

Archived