TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR

LuisA

Here is my point.......Shelby offers a warrantable SS kit at 600HP and a non-warrantable SS at 725HP.....the KR will come out at 540HP......to me, that's a "Duke"not a "King"!

For what a few folks will be paying for a KR, I think the car should be a warranted vehicle at no less than 650HP........that way it is more than the baby SS kit and less than the non-warranted version.

The KR should also have the nicest niceties of all the verssions available; like, as an example, 20" wheels.

Why call a car the King of the Road when Shelby offers two kits that will outperform the KR?

I do not understand their logic in doing this!

LuisA

Here is my point.......Shelby offers a warrantable SS kit at 600HP and a non-warrantable SS at 725HP.....the KR will come out at 540HP......to me, that's a "Duke"not a "King"!

For what a few folks will be paying for a KR, I think the car should be a warranted vehicle at no less than 650HP........that way it is more than the baby SS kit and less than the non-warranted version.

The KR should also have the nicest niceties of all the verssions available; like, as an example, 20" wheels.

Why call a car the King of the Road when Shelby offers two kits that will outperform the KR?

I do not understand their logic in doing this!

LuisA

The difference is pre title and post title. The KR is fully warranted and comes from the factory with 540+ HP, that makes it the most powerful factory mustang, also limited.

The Supersnake, is a wonderful car, post title. Less warranty

Amy, thank you for your explanation. When you say "less warranty" what does this really means? 725HP no warranty at all as I understand, but, what is covered and what is not on the 600HP? Is warranty by SAI? or Ford?

LuisA

Amy, thank you for your explanation. When you say "less warranty" what does this really means? 725HP no warranty at all as I understand, but, what is covered and what is not on the 600HP? Is warranty by SAI? or Ford?

LuisA

605 is 12/12000 from ford racing and us, the 725, is nothing due to the amount and suggnificance of the changes. but that is normal with all major modifications. These are really 2 very special cars

Amy

Archived