TEAM SHELBY FORUM

JBA MANIFOLD BACK

EUSMCBOB

MT DEPOSIT IS IN AND I'VE GOT MY NUMBER TO DO THE 700+ BUT IN TALKING WITH SAI 5 MINUTES AGO THEY SAID THEY CAN'T USE THE MANIFOLD BACK BECAUSE IT FAILED THE CALIFORNIA EMMISSIONS STANDARDS. STRUT TOWERS APPEAR TO BE A POINT OF ONGOING CONVERSATION AS TO HOW OR IF TO SOLVE THE CLEARENCE PROBLEM CREATED BY THE KB SUPER CHARGER.

I'M NOT AS TECNICAL AS MOST OF YOU GUYS BUT DID TAKE NOTES AS THEY WERE WALKING ME THRU THIS.

I put my deposit in as well and just tonite SAI confirmed this to me as well. Kind of unfortunate since the catback will be a lot more restrictive and not clear up some of the 2inch bottlenecks that our stock 2 1/2 system has. SAI says we will also use stock cats. Surely we can find a high flow cat alternative with some grunt. I would think Bassani, Stainless works, or someone can find a way. A high output KB 2.8 with factory cats and a catback system is somewhat counterintuitive. Someone call Carroll-LOL

MT DEPOSIT IS IN AND I'VE GOT MY NUMBER TO DO THE 700+ BUT IN TALKING WITH SAI 5 MINUTES AGO THEY SAID THEY CAN'T USE THE MANIFOLD BACK BECAUSE IT FAILED THE CALIFORNIA EMMISSIONS STANDARDS. STRUT TOWERS APPEAR TO BE A POINT OF ONGOING CONVERSATION AS TO HOW OR IF TO SOLVE THE CLEARENCE PROBLEM CREATED BY THE KB SUPER CHARGER.

I'M NOT AS TECNICAL AS MOST OF YOU GUYS BUT DID TAKE NOTES AS THEY WERE WALKING ME THRU THIS.

Bob,

Great! Thanks! Mine is an 08 as well......50 is a nice round number.......I guess I still have some time to decide. Did you go 600 or 725HP?

LuisA

725 OR 735 OR JUST TODAY AMY SAID 750. THATS THE ONE I'M GOING WITH BUT MUST ADMIT WARRANTY SITUATION IS HARD TO UNDERSTAND AND HARD TO BUY. I WOULD THINK SHELBY AND OR KENNE BALL WOULD PROVIDE SOME COVERAGE. WILL HAVE THE 3" JBA ADDED AND THEN WILL HAVE TO TAKE IT OFF WHEN I GO FOR MY NEXT EMMISSIONS TEST.

Wow! That sounds awesome! No emissions test here in FL.......I am still waiting for some answers regarding warranty before I give them my 10k deposit. Still not sure which way I will go.

LuisA

I TALKED AT LENGTH WITH JOHN AT SHELBY YESTERDAY AND WHILE HE WAS GOING TO CHECK AGAIN WITH KEENE BELL IT'S OBVIOUS THAT NO ONE, NOT EVEN KENNE BELL IS GOING TO PROVIDE ANY COVERAGE ON ANY MODIFICATIONS. I DON'T GET THAT BUT THAT'S WHERE THEY ARE AT.

all, if JBA can EO the exhaust, I can do it, the issue is we are a manufacturer, if we do parts not certified by epa, we could risk magor issues, so JBA is working on it, right now the exhaust is cat backs, which are very cool too

Amy

Archived