TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Correlation between Ford VIN and Shelby number

6T6Mustang_merged

Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought. Second question: how accurate is the VIN tracker? I entered my VIN and it says that the car is Enroute to Shelby. My dealer told me he thought the car would be received in the next week or two at the dealership. If the car was just received at SAI then I'm looking at quite a bit longer than a week.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought. Second question: how accurate is the VIN tracker? I entered my VIN and it says that the car is Enroute to Shelby. My dealer told me he thought the car would be received in the next week or two at the dealership. If the car was just received at SAI then I'm looking at quite a bit longer than a week.

Not accurate. My car had been there for months before it showed up as "arrived." Then, it arrived at my dealer the same day it said the car was complete and was being shipped. Even computers need accurate information. :) Jim

Don't know if this will help anyone with their questions, but this is my experience with it all.

I bought my SGT from Court Street Ford in Bourbonnais IL. 7 Aug.07. The window stickers and the dealer invoice I have indicate that the base Mustang GT was sent directly from Flat Rock MI. assembly to SAI in Las Vegas, and from there (after conversion to the 54U upfitters SGT package), shipped to Court Street Ford.

The VIN prefix is 1ZVHT82H375xxxxxx, and my SGT/CSM is 07SGT4729.

I see no relationship between these numbers. VIN indicates it is an "off the shelf" Mustang Preium GT with the 18G Interior Upgrade Package, 50S Sirius radio (which I really don't want), and 65A heated seats. The base car was produced 26 April, '07, and arrived at SAI 14 days later.

It arrived at the dealership on an unspecified date, but my first impression while considering it was that it was "fresh off the truck", as it was parked in a bulk storage lot and yet to be inventoried by Court Street Ford, or, prepped for retail. I had to wait another day because of that.

This is an approximate 4 month gap in this time frame, and given what I have read in other threads here, most of this time was prolly spent on hold at SAI. Considering that '07 SGTs number about 5800, and mine is 4729, I suppose my build was "late in the game".

Not looking to start any grumbling, just trying to help.

I'm happy, y'all be safe.

PS...Anyone without the Sirius option who wish to add it, let's talk? I will never use this option and I would like a clean black/silver trunk lid.

Archived