TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GAS CAP AGAIN

dmagner1

Amy-

Sorry to ask but can you make a grill snake to? Let me give you an idea, first shelby then a snake then gt or gt/sc. berg can you help me out.

Interesting ideal. I would love to help you out but lets keep this thread focused on approving the Gap cap for now. It's been a long gas cap journey....with more than a couple of times I thought we had a design approved....the signature request from Amy got mix reviews. Personally, I kindly like the signature but I would be happy either way. That being said...not sure I would like the signature as much on the horn button....so that may be enough of a reason to leave it off. I also agree with others in that I wouldn't mess with the ring...it's a FORD---even the KR says FORD. You got to give them some credit for the car.

Right now I think we need to leave it in Amy hands as to whether it has a signature. Is it a go Amy??? Can we close the thread? Put it to rest?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I don't think we can close the thread. Amy posted she was going to move on this on Monday. It is now an hour before Tuesday in Vegas. I am not being impaitent. What I am is saying is I think Amy will close the thread when she gives us the final decision. Hopefully sooner then later.

Well I don't think we can close the thread. Amy posted she was going to move on this on Monday. It is now an hour before Tuesday in Vegas. I am not being impaitent. What I am is saying is I think Amy will close the thread when she gives us the final decision. Hopefully sooner then later.

I'm anticipating an announcement soon.

Why doesn't someone add a poll to this thread or start a new thread with a poll to get some numbers on where people stand. My $.02 is adding the signature makes it look way too busy. The original 'berg' design was the best, simple and to the point.

Why doesn't someone add a poll to this thread or start a new thread with a poll to get some numbers on where people stand. My $.02 is adding the signature makes it look way too busy. The original 'berg' design was the best, simple and to the point.

Lets just leave it be and let Ms Amy make her final decision from what BERG Shelby Cap has made. He has done a terrific job.

its done!!!!

I ordered the one without the signature, it was too messy. I also ordered the shelby ring for those who want it as well! So I will keep you all updated

Amy

its done!!!!

I ordered the one without the signature, it was too messy. I also ordered the shelby ring for those who want it as well! So I will keep you all updated

Amy

Will there be a GT/SC version also ?

its done!!!!

Amy

Amy,

As one of the owners who first brought this up last summer Thank You very much. Thank You for getting this done.

A couple of questions. Is there a GT and GT/SC version? Second, will there be a verification process for the cap or are they available to the general public? Lastly, if known, how soon and how much?

Amy,

As one of the owners who first brought this up last summer Thank You very much. Thank You for getting this done.

A couple of questions. Is there a GT and GT/SC version? Second, will there be a verification process for the cap or are they available to the general public? Lastly, if known, how soon and how much?

Come on Amy. We know you are reading this. The suspense is killing me.

This is a bittersweet moment. On the one hand we will have this cool gas cap, on the other, there will be no more gas cap threads. And now the hood scoop problem may also be satisfactory resolved. What are we going to post about now :D

How many other companies let their customers colloborate with them on developing new products? Pretty cool. :)

This is a bittersweet moment. On the one hand we will have this cool gas cap, on the other, there will be no more gas cap threads. And now the hood scoop problem may also be satisfactory resolved. What are we going to post about now :D

How many other companies let their customers colloborate with them on developing new products? Pretty cool. :)

You are very right lol. We might "need" those entertainers to stop in here once in awhile to get our blood going :P :D :lol:

hi guys,

I am waiting for the cost and minium order numbers numbers, I will try to do the cs/sc as well if I dont have to buy 1000.

Amy

It took a long time but it was worth the wait. "Berg" did a great job and we finally have an awesome gas cap.

Thanks to all for getting it done.

Can anyone tell me how these will be delivered to "specific" Shelby GT owners without a "cloner" getting his fingers/hands on them? I suggest we ask BERG for his opinion as he is the designer of the cap.

Q: BERG how would you hand out these so we can keep track of them. Can you start a poll so we'll have something to go on?

You are very right lol. We might "need" those entertainers to stop in here once in awhile to get our blood going :P :D :lol:

This site and the people running it are very unique, we'll probably never see this type of site ever again after it is closed in January. This is/was a very cool site with family type people on it. You can even vent and they take you back in. Only family usually does that, a Shelby GT family that is!

+1000 Can't think of one

Can anyone tell me how these will be delivered to "specific" Shelby GT owners without a "cloner" getting his fingers/hands on them? I suggest we ask BERG for his opinion as he is the designer of the cap.

Yikes, maybe Shelby can have us all fly out (at their expense) for a party and they could hand it to us :rolleyes: .....ok I'm just kidding.....they don't have to hand it to us. I'm willing to pick it up off the table. :lol:

Seriously, I think what makes the cap exclusive is that it says SHELBY GT...or SHELBY GT/SC. That in it self makes it exclusive to the SGT. There will no doubt be those that will attempt to clone a SGT (this cap will not change that), but they know it is a clone...and I bet we would too. I was more concern that it would show up on other Shelbys or be a design that would be more attractive to non Shelby cars. I'm not really concern about it, you just will not see too many cars driving around with these. I would also hate to put any extra burden on SAI to make sure only SGT owners received them. Let us not forget that they are doing us a favorite. I would hope that we could log it in the registry for our cars. This is so cool...

Pretty cool!!! Wow he's famous!!! I guess these Northwesterners really know how to design. LOL

Congratulations Jerry, great job. Can't wait to get one of your "Berg Caps". As Jerry's was the agreed upon design, I hope he gets his free of charge. B) and discounted to all Northwesterners. J/K

Dave

Jerry,

Maybe we should have hinted that you get a free SC. OK maybe not, that might have been pushing it LOL. Great job on the design Jerry. With all the bitchin' moaning and disgreements, some how you brought us all together, with a design that most of us have accepted. If you feel guilty and feel that you don't deserve this you could always send it to your Shelby bro, a little south and a little west of you. I'd be glad to take it off your hands. J/K :D

Congratulations again,

Dave

AMY:

"The Shelby GT Logo Kit"

1. Shelby GT Gas Cap

2. Matching Horn Center Cap

3. Wheel Center Caps for the 20" Razor Rims a bunch of us have purchased

4. Power Adapter "plug" (a guy from Oregon sells these on ebay - contract with him to make some up with this new Shelby GT logo!)

5. Matching embroidered image on a simple vintage-style black Baseball Cap

6. Matching embroidered "patch" so that we can sew it on our favorite jacket (that we've already bought) etc.

7. And for all of those show & shines...a nice "directors chair" with an embroidered Shelby GT logo!

Sell the items individually at a premium....

And as a SET - with the set exclusively for sale to SGT owners with a CSM # at a "bundle discount"

By the way, I would pay a "bundle price" for all 7 items above: $150. - $175.

My guess is that you could sell around (500) of these packages/sets: Gross Revenue of $75,000. in less time than it took to sell out Mr. Shelby's birthday bash!

PS: For you GT/SC owners - items 5, 6 & 7 could easily be modified at very little cost to incorporate the GT/SC mark. To create a special version of items 1,2,3 & 4 for such a low quantity, would add production costs that may be prohibitive to SAI.

PSPS: If SAI finally makes a move to give us a true "SGT Logo" - then let's get "ALL of the GOODIES" we want NOW. Otherwise, it will never happen!

Comments/Input anyone? Let's send some strong signals in mass to SAI so that they will know that they will have buyers!!

-----------------------------

Well, it's time to go out the door. My lovely wife and daughters (6 and 14) are leaving for Disneyland!!

Look forward to catching up on the Forum next week! Bye for now everyone!

Amy! Good news!!!

So permit me to ask: Any thoughts to my "bundle of goodies" listed above?

What does everyone else think about purchasing a bundle like I've outlined?

There is so much 'stuff' available to SGT 500 owners - and nothing much at all for us SGT owners. I want a baseball cap, a patch of the new logo for my jacket, etc. etc.

My Priority List goes like this however,

1. Gas Cap

2. 20" Razor Rim center Caps

now, the exterior is taken care of....

3. Steering Wheel Horn center cap

4. Power Plug insert

now, the interior is taken car of

PS: The engine bay Dress-up kit already has this version of the Snake - so we can already take care of the engine bay through shelbypeformanceparts.com

5. Apparel: Simple black baseball cap with the new logo on the front / Black + White T-shirts would be nice / an iron-on or sew-on "patch" to add to your mustang jackets / a "Team Shelby" decal - to replace the one I just got in the mail with the older version of the snake on it! / and a Director's Chair with the logo for the car show & shines!

OK, chime in everyone. Amy responds to "demand" so speak up if interested!!!

Thanks!

Archived