TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GAS CAP AGAIN

dmagner1

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me it seems redundant to have his signature "Carroll Shelby" and then "SHELBY" right above it. You would have "SHELBY" in 3 different places on the rear of the car.

An option for only having one.

gallery_221_83_6331.jpg

gallery_221_83_60443.jpg

My favorite is still the original Berg Shelby version (SHELBY GT with "S" Snake, no signature)

To me it seems redundant to have his signature "Carroll Shelby" and then "SHELBY" right above it.

An option for only having one.

gallery_221_83_24686.jpg

I think it's important to say SHELBY GT on it or it may not be very exclusive to the SGT. Meaning, it will be more attractive to Mustang GT owners if it doesn't say SHELBY GT on it. Such as the design that had a "G" and a "T" on each side of the snake. Also, if we take off the "SHELBY", then I'm afraid people may be confused what car we really have...it's a SHELBY GT....and I'm proud of it. I believe that is the reason Amy shot down the design with the other snake....we don't want to be confused with the GT500.

The signature is nice if that is the theme SAI wants to carry on their exclusive caps...

Anyway, no one is going to be able to read the signature following 10 feet behind the car unless they know what it already says.

But again, my concern is that this could be in the design stage forever. At a certain point we must say...it's good....and we need to say that while we have Amy's ear (thanks Amy), let's not blow it. I would leave it with Amy to keep the signature or not...and run with her choice on Monday. It's all just my .02. This was a team effort and we should all be proud of suggestions in making an exclusive SGT cap. And don't forget, if you don't like snakes...SAI has a cap for you too....

OK, I like it but I hope this doesn't start a whole another round of redesigning and delays. I was excited to see that we finally got a design that many of us could agree on....which I must say was a joint effort by many of us that have followed this track. You have final say Amy... for my .02....I like your suggestion.

ShelbyGTCap3sig.jpg

I believe this is the best of the suggestions. Nice artwork!

I think it's important to say SHELBY GT on it or it may not be very exclusive to the SGT. Meaning, it will be more attractive to Mustang GT owners if it doesn't say SHELBY GT on it. Such as the design that had a "G" and a "T" on each side of the snake. Also, if we take off the "SHELBY", then I'm afraid people may be confused what car we really have...it's a SHELBY GT....and I'm proud of it. I believe that is the reason Amy shot down the design with the other snake....we don't want to be confused with the GT500.

The signature is nice if that is the theme SAI wants to carry on their exclusive caps...

Anyway, no one is going to be able to read the signature following 10 feet behind the car unless they know what it already says.

But again, my concern is that this could be in the design stage forever. At a certain point we must say...it's good....and we need to say that while we have Amy's ear (thanks Amy), let's not blow it. I would leave it with Amy to keep the signature or not...and run with her choice on Monday. It's all just my .02. This was a team effort and we should all be proud of suggestions in making an exclusive SGT cap. And don't forget, if you don't like snakes...SAI has a cap for you too....

I prefer the no signature version, but I'll buy one with or without it. It's not a deal breaker for me (even if it will say "SHELBY" 3 times on the rear of the car ;) ).

Berg,

Thanks for all your work on this design. Like Roger, I wasn't a big fan of snakes on the SGT, but this seems to have received a more favorable reception than any other cap design. If we consider the quote "there's a little cobra in everything we build", then it would be an appropriate design, especially if this gets the green light from Shelby. Now, I have to admit, I like it. I'll buy one.

Scary thought - have you all seen all the stuff with this logo in the new Winter parts catalog? If this becomes the defacto SGT emblem, it potentially opens a whole bunch of wallets for other appearance mods. If I'm SAI, I go with this cap - soon.

Bob

Berg,

Thanks for all your work on this design. Like Roger, I wasn't a big fan of snakes on the SGT, but this seems to have received a more favorable reception than any other cap design. If we consider the quote "there's a little cobra in everything we build", then it would be an appropriate design, especially if this gets the green light from Shelby. Now, I have to admit, I like it. I'll buy one.

Scary thought - have you all seen all the stuff with this logo in the new Winter parts catalog? If this becomes the defacto SGT emblem, it potentially opens a whole bunch of wallets for other appearance mods. If I'm SAI, I go with this cap - soon.

Bob

Concur with chrome with SHELBY GT AND Signature. Would also prefer the outer ring to spell SHELBY rather than Ford. Can you make with this option for people to view. We all do very much appreciate the work you have put in this. You have made it happen! Thank you

My thoughts leave Mr Shelby's signature off. It makes the cap too busy and is too small. I really like the GT/SC version not just because I have one but also it really balances the Shelby on the otherside. Leave the FORD on the ring. It is a Ford afterall and I am proud of that. I am not sure about the chrome ring.

My thoughts leave Mr Shelby's signature off. It makes the cap too busy and is too small. I really like the GT/SC version not just because I have one but also it really balances the Shelby on the otherside. Leave the FORD on the ring. It is a Ford afterall and I am proud of that. I am not sure about the chrome ring.

This is getting rediculous! I'm with socal. The GT & GT/SC, Ford lettering, no sig. Let's just get this done & be happy with it! Ya can't please everyone & as far as I can tell from this thread the majority is with this design.

Give Amy, Berg & SAI a break and be done with this. They look great & are exclusive to our cars!

If we get this you know the other stuff will come! Just my .02 I don't even have my car yet!

This is getting rediculous! I'm with socal. The GT & GT/SC, Ford lettering, no sig. Let's just get this done & be happy with it! Ya can't please everyone & as far as I can tell from this thread the majority is with this design.

Give Amy, Berg & SAI a break and be done with this. They look great & are exclusive to our cars!

If we get this you know the other stuff will come! Just my .02 I don't even have my car yet!

Concur +1000.

I agree w/ SoCal and WI-GT/SC. GT & GT/SC w/ Ford lettering as it is a Ford. As for the signiture it looks good but it is so small it might not work. I'll buy either one as it's exclusive to our cars. Please make them soon and give us both the Shelby GT version as well as the Shelby GT/SC. Thanks "Berg" for all your efforts ! Rick

First, thanks to Berg for all of the exceptional work he has done. This thread started with Can't we all just agree....... And the answer is still no. Some want a signature, some do not. Some want Ford, some want Shelby, some want chrome, some want satin. Size, placement, etc. Lets let AMY B review all of the postings and make an executive decision. If people like it they will buy it. If not they will not buy it. And in answer to the original posting, no we can't all just get along, but that is just human nature. Thanks to all for their suggestions as I am sure the more input Amy receives the easier it will be for her to make a decision.

And when she makes a decision it is time to support her and put the whining aside. At that point you buy it or you don't.

remember guys this car is STILL powered by Ford. i think its just fine with Ford remaining on the gas cap ring. i mean 99% of the car is Ford. its just been touched up by Shelby with a few extras.

and has the Ford Handling Pack, Ford Power Pack, and still has the mustang emblem on the grill. :P

its a Ford/Shelby Mustang/Cobra all in one. best of both worlds

edit: awsome i get to start the 11th page in this thread :blink: :lol:

First, thanks to Berg for all of the exceptional work he has done. Lets let AMY B review all of the postings and make an executive decision. And when she makes a decision it is time to support her and put the whining aside. At that point you buy it or you don't.

Well put! It's to you, Amy. Jim

so, think we will get this doen before we get to page 15 again? :P

no we wont ,im going to start another new thread at 16 and hopfully when that thread is done we will have cap i would the snake and the shelby gt then horn button and wheel caps :P :D :blink:

I believe this is the best of the suggestions. Nice artwork!

+1. Looks great in both GT and GT/SC. Hope it flies. Love the CS signature. BergShelby, thanks for all your work on the gas cap. If your design goes through ( and I hope it does) you will have made Shelby history!

I think we got wheel caps now...At least I do.

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...7%20Hubcap.aspx

Those are for the stock wheels. Although I did see a set of the stock pony caps on a set of American Racing wheels. They will work in the American Racing wheels but they just didn't look right....in my opinion. I think I speak for several people when I say we would like to see a replacement graphic in the factory hub of the American Racing wheels. Sort of like these on the Terlingua but for the Shelby GT:

904.jpg

I might even go for those if they become available and a Shelby GT or atleast tri-bar pony one doesn't.

Archived