TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GAS CAP AGAIN

dmagner1

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amy - I beg you to keep taking my money, I love my Shelby GT and want it full blown too! Gas cap, horn cap and matching wheel caps, woo-hoo!

LOL I'm afraid if they keep taking my money at the rate they are now my wife may shoot me in my sleep :blink: :D

yu mean they are going to sent it to Iraq?

No problem I will pick one up my next trip there. Anyone else want one? :P

Yes Amy!

I love this one. Even better would be the color one like the engine caps but I understand cost restrictions if it comes to that. Thank you, John and Bud on the patience over a little insert.

:D

No problem I will pick one up my next trip there. Anyone else want one? :P

A trip to Iraq? NO.

But it looks like I'll be heading back over in Sep - Oct. How about you Milstang, do you know when you're heading back over?

Oh, and still yes for the gas cap!

A trip to Iraq? NO.

But it looks like I'll be heading back over in Sep - Oct. How about you Milstang, do you know when you're heading back over?

Oh, and still yes for the gas cap!

Unsure at this time. When I asked when to expect to go again I was told, "Anytime and multiple times over the next year or more.

:blink:

My nephew just back from Baghdad? just 2 days ago. His duty was a "Night Battle Captain" in the middle of the city! Yes he made it back safe and sound but for some of his soldiers were not so lucky, several were killed over the last 18 months.

It is something that I tell many soldiers thank you for-

this is good, are we in agreement?

I am 100% for this soluition, providing that: (snake with "SHELBY GT")

1. SAI also produces 'center caps' for the 20" Razor Rims I've installed;

2. SAI also produces a 'horn cap' for my steering wheel too!

With the gas cap, wheel center caps and horn cap - all looking like this! Not to mention that my engine dress-up kit also uses this modern tiffany snake as well. I like the consistency!

I'm a buyer! This one is clean and classy...and "a bit of cobra in every Shelby"

Thanks.

PS: For those of you who have the Supercharger...I don't think it necessary to have the SC on the gas cap as well? You have the side striping. After all, the car is an SGT - and you have simply added the SC (a component to the engine - not an entirely new engine). Does that make sense? I presume you wouldn't add "SC" next to the S H E L B Y trunk lettering....

PS: For those of you who have the Supercharger...I don't think it necessary to have the SC on the gas cap as well? You have the side striping. After all, the car is an SGT - and you have simply added the SC (a component to the engine - not an entirely new engine). Does that make sense? I presume you wouldn't add "SC" next to the S H E L B Y trunk lettering....

OK, at the risk of being flamed. It certainly isn't a deal breaker and I will happily buy the gas cap and the hubs for the american racing wheels and even the steering wheel center.

However, if the full "Shelby GT" name is going to be used on the gas cap then I would like to see the full "Shelby GT/SC" on the center cap for those who did or will have supercharged cars. Afterall SAI saw fit to rebadge the side stripe with Shelby GT/SC.

Fire away.

However, if the full "Shelby GT" name is going to be used on the gas cap then I would like to see the full "Shelby GT/SC" on the center cap for those who did or will have supercharged cars. Afterall SAI saw fit to rebadge the side stripe with Shelby GT/SC.

Fire away.

I'll be right behind you Chris. I would just like the plain jane varitey. Just the CS emblem. I don't have one snake on the car. Even the wheel center caps have the CS logo. Gas cap, horn button and hold the snakes please. :P

I'll be right behind you Chris. I would just like the plain jane varitey. Just the CS emblem. I don't have one snake on the car. Even the wheel center caps have the CS logo. Gas cap, horn button and hold the snakes please. :P

Please let's just get it done...stop the designing. We are asking for a SGT exclusive cap and perhaps a matching horn button. Our latest proposal is a new style Snake with SHELBY GT (and GT/SC if Amy can swing it). Many of us like this design and at some point we have to stop the madness and just do it.....or it will never get done.

ROSSGT, the CS logo is available on page 27 of the Winter catalog...supercharged and non-supercharged. That isn't changing. Buy the catalog CS cap and support a great cause...SAI.

CS TRUNK LOCK EMBLEM

Add the CS Trunk Lock Emblem from our CS package for a custom look. 3M mounting adhesive included. Description Part Number Price

CS EMBLEM 7S3Z-9A031-CS $19.95 Ea

SUPERCHARGED 7S3Z-9A031-CSSC $24.95 Ea

SAIcap.jpg?imgmax=400

Please let's just get it done...stop the designing. We are asking for a SGT exclusive cap and perhaps a matching horn button. Our latest proposal is a new style Snake with SHELBY GT (and GT/SC if Amy can swing it). Many of us like this design and at some point we have to stop the madness and just do it.....or it will never get done.

ROSSGT, the CS logo is available on page 27 of the Winter catalog...supercharged and non-supercharged. That isn't changing. Buy the catalog CS cap and support a great cause...SAI.

CS TRUNK LOCK EMBLEM

Add the CS Trunk Lock Emblem from our CS package for a custom look. 3M mounting adhesive included. Description Part Number Price

CS EMBLEM 7S3Z-9A031-CS $19.95 Ea

SUPERCHARGED 7S3Z-9A031-CSSC $24.95 Ea

That's just what I am planning on doing. Not avalible yet ;) Horn button will be my next venture! :)

+1 - YES the "Berg Shelby gas cap" with the Cobra and Shelby GT written on it.

I am 100% for this soluition, providing that: (snake with "SHELBY GT")

1. SAI also produces 'center caps' for the 20" Razor Rims I've installed;

2. SAI also produces a 'horn cap' for my steering wheel too!

With the gas cap, wheel center caps and horn cap - all looking like this! Not to mention that my engine dress-up kit also uses this modern tiffany snake as well. I like the consistency!

I'm a buyer! This one is clean and classy...and "a bit of cobra in every Shelby"

Thanks.

+1. Just Shelby GT with cobra Unless SAI wants to make the GT/SC cap too. I would go for that as well. It is up to SAI to make that decision as there are less GT/SC's but they are a "rare" car and I might be doing an upgrasde soon myself! Either way is better than nothing at all!

But I have this really cool "Hurst Equipped" badge that I want to add. ;) Jim

Here are photos of the Cobra cap. I could not post them before because my daughter was not here to show me how. Here you go. Jim :)

hey Clark...like the gas cap...hope u dont mind me stealin ur pic. i just want to see what it looks like with the letters G T incorporated into it in silver lettering. i think it would look better if it was done. my paint shop program doesnt do it justice.

WELL GUYS WHAT DO U THINK?

hey Clark...like the gas cap...hope u dont mind me stealin ur pic. i just want to see what it looks like with the letters G T incorporated into it in silver lettering. i think it would look better if it was done. my paint shop program doesnt do it justice.

WELL GUYS WHAT DO U THINK?

Use it all you want. As long as it helps further the goal of getting SAI to issue one, I'm good. Jim

+1. Just Shelby GT with cobra Unless SAI wants to make the GT/SC cap too. I would go for that as well. It is up to SAI to make that decision as there are less GT/SC's but they are a "rare" car and I might be doing an upgrasde soon myself! Either way is better than nothing at all!

LMAO, I thought you would be the first to flame me. :P

Archived