TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GAS CAP AGAIN

dmagner1

My recollection is that what they came up with was not specific to the Shleby GT, and thus was unpopular on here. At which time Amy asked for additional suggestions.

Did they ever post a pic? I know the one the catalog would be fine for me if that's what's avalible. I know others don't like it though. Because I am having the CS Shelby logo embroidered into my headrests and console cover and having the CS logo on the wheel center caps, it would just complete the theme and continuity thorought out the car. So I would be in for that one.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roger, I looked at the SPP catalogue and I think that's what was released from SAI, so it's out. It just wasn't announced on here that way (or I'm missed that announcement)

The one from the SPP catalogue:

med_gallery_221_83_32296.jpg

You can either get the "CS" logo with or without the "supercharged" wording.

So those are available to folks that don't want the Shelby Snake emblem.

I wish they would make the version BergShelby posted too.

ShelbyGTCap3.jpg?imgmax=512

That way folks that don't like the snake can get the "CS" version and those that want the snake version can get one of those too.

Let's just make it happen and call it a day.

Roger, I looked at the SPP catalogue and I think that's what was released from SAI, so it's out. It just wasn't announced on here that way (or I'm missed it)

I wish they would make the BergShelby posted too. That way folks that don't like the snake can get the "CS" version and those that want the snake can get one of those too.

I think I missed it too Mark. But that will do for my application. I agree on the alternative cap also. I do know that they will also be developing a matching horn button at some time. That would complete the cars. Just sit back and wait until spring I guess.

Roger, I looked at the SPP catalogue and I think that's what was released from SAI, so it's out. It just wasn't announced on here that way (or I'm missed it)

You can either get the "CS" logo with or without the "supercharged" wording.

So those are available to folks that don't want the Shelby Snake emblem.

I wish they would make the version BergShelby posted too.

ShelbyGTCap3.jpg?imgmax=512

That way folks that don't like the snake can get the "CS" version and those that want the snake version will be too.

this is good, are we in agreement?

I would say after reading all of the posts if the Tiffany and CS were avalible with the option of Supercharged we would cover just about everyone. And thank you for being so supportive on this also. :D

Amy,

JMO: There's going to be some folks that are not going to like it, but I think there will be lots that will like this design as it matches the already available SPP wheel caps, shifter knob, engine dress up, etc.

Bottom line: We never get universal consensus on this.

It's going to take a presidential decision ;)

I like it, it'll match the Shelby billet engine caps. Sign me up (and do the horn button also).

If it matched the colors that would be even better to me. The car coulsd use a splash. I like the horn button idea and I would really like to see a hub replacement for the American Racing wheels.

I love the new snake and would love to put the cap on my car, the only comment I have is that the the frame around it, where it says Ford, should be chrome, like on the current one. While the brushed looks great, the chrome will complement the chrome Shelby letters on the back much better. Also, I don't think the G and the T should be connected like on the GT500 and regular GT mustang. This would mesh better with the GT on the side of the car, which is not connected.

I'll Take the faux gas cap, horn button, & wheel centers to match my headrests & armrest

Yaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sign me up!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) B) ;) <_< :blink: :rolleyes:

I love the new snake and would love to put the cap on my car, the only comment I have is that the the frame around it, where it says Ford, should be chrome, like on the current one. While the brushed looks great, the chrome will complement the chrome Shelby letters on the back much better. Also, I don't think the G and the T should be connected like on the GT500 and regular GT mustang. This would mesh better with the GT on the side of the car, which is not connected.

I like the chrome look to..

Archived