TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GAS CAP AGAIN

dmagner1

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Jim, have you thought of putting one on the steering wheel like the orig. shelbys?

I do not know if it can be done although I would like that. The pony is okay but I always associated it with the 6 banger (back in the '60s at least). Jim

I'm kind of curious, has a decision been made to use the one that I sent to AFBlue (Mark) I had these made about a year ago?

I may need a piece of the action, say 40%, will check with the godfather and his Consigliere to see if they need my permission to put these out.

GG

GG's version

gallery_221_83_37757.jpg

Hey Roger, is it like this design but with "Shelby GT underneath?

I don't think so Mark. From what I understand they are specific to the SGT. As been rehashed many times here, that cap remains for the CS6/CS8 cars. These are supposed to be specific. The designs and the being sent to SAI for final approval prior to production. I gather the wait has been due to the vendors main business taking up a great deal of time due to sales volume. Great for them. But casues the long wait for those waiting. That's really all I know. Once the designs are approved and into production there is talk about a matching horn button for the interior.

They will be avlaible soon. Spoke with the vendor creating the caps for Shelby. There will be one that says Shelby GT and one that says Shelby GT/SC.

Thats great news, wonder which will come first fog light brake duct kit or gas cap :D

waiting waiting waiting....

Thats great news, wonder which will come first fog light brake duct kit or gas cap :D

waiting waiting waiting....

No kidding but I can understand after talking to the vendor why it's taking so long for this project. :mellow:

No kidding but I can understand after talking to the vendor why it's taking so long for this project. :mellow:

OK, maybe you can explain it to the rest of us. Why does it take so long??? I know we haven't help with so many different ideas that even we can't agree on a single design, but really....why does it take so long when every special edition version of a mustang has it's own cap (or it seems). Let's see, while we have been asking for this cap...the 2008 SGT has rolled out with different changes, the 40th version, SS, and KR have all been developed. To me, it all has to do with priorities. This is not a priority of SAI. And I can't blame them...how many exclusive SGT caps will they really sell??? 100? 500?? 1000??? How much do they make on a cap???

guys, where are we? I dont see a consensus on this, i cant use tiffany snake, I can use "s" snake.

Should we do a few more designs?

Amy

Amy,

There will never be a consensus from us. If there ever was it probably would be bad afterall a zebra was a horse designed by commitee. If SAI is going to do a gas cap for the Shelby GT then I say just come up with an exclusive design and produce it.

we submitted some a while back. I dont want to make something if we all still undecided.

I don't recall seeing a design from SAI. We heard there was one coming but it wasn't going to be exclusive for the Shelby GT. It was never shown. Unless you are talking about the one that is in the new catalog.

I don't recall seeing a design from SAI. We heard there was one coming but it wasn't going to be exclusive for the Shelby GT. It was never shown. Unless you are talking about the one that is in the new catalog.

+1000 times.

I never have seen anything proposed by SAI. I have followed this longer than I would rather admit,

did I miss something????

I would accept any exclusive cap for the SGT from SAI.... period.

Amy, is this what we are talking about when you refer to "s" snake??? Can we do this????

ShelbyGTCap3.jpg?imgmax=512

guys, where are we? I dont see a consensus on this, i cant use tiffany snake, I can use "s" snake.

Should we do a few more designs?

Amy

no more .... let the snake begin and gt on back or shelby gt on back BUT LETS HIT THIS SNAKE WITH A STICK AND PUT IT DOWN ,OVER, DONE. FINISH :angry: :rolleyes:

Archived