TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GAS CAP AGAIN

dmagner1

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dang...I guess I better get one too...put me on the list. But what is "the works"?

Also - if I have a snake on the rear then, should I swap the tri-bar pony on the front grille for a SGT snake also???

Couldn't help but monitor the inter-service rivalry. The Marine Corps, from time to time, has to be reminded they are a department of the Navy. But then again, their response is usually, "Yes the Marines are a department of the Navy. The MEN"S Department!"

Semper Fi

1973-1976

dang...I guess I better get one too...put me on the list. But what is "the works"?

Also - if I have a snake on the rear then, should I swap the tri-bar pony on the front grille for a SGT snake also???

There's an interesting question.

From the beginning of this gas cap inception, I have not been a big fan of the snake on the car for certain reason's (A Hp Thing) but, if this is the change that SAI is going to make then of course , As a group, I'm on board.

But, Ilmor has a interesting question, Will the car have a mix now of Snake and Tri-Bar emblems or Will there be a package of emblems to make it all Snake? What are the plans of others on that?

There's an interesting question.

From the beginning of this gas cap inception, I have not been a big fan of the snake on the car for certain reason's (A Hp Thing) but, if this is the change that SAI is going to make then of course , As a group, I'm on board.

But, Ilmor has a interesting question, Will the car have a mix now of Snake and Tri-Bar emblems or Will there be a package of emblems to make it all Snake? What are the plans of others on that?

I don't remember reading anything from Amy about anything more than the gas cap. I think the additional stuff is just more suggestions from our members. I would like to see some sort of center cap for the American racing wheels to replace the Tiffany Cobra. I will leave the grill and steering wheel the way they are. The car is still a Mustang underneath.

As far as mixing ponys and snakes. There is a precedent. The 1966 GT350 had the tribar pony on the grill with the red white and blue style cobra on the gas cap and steering wheel. Also they had "CS" center caps.

I don't remember reading anything from Amy about anything more than the gas cap. I think the additional stuff is just more suggestions from our members. I would like to see some sort of center cap for the American racing wheels to replace the Tiffany Cobra. I will leave the grill and steering wheel the way they are. The car is still a Mustang underneath.

As far as mixing ponys and snakes. There is a precedent. The 1966 GT350 had the tribar pony on the grill with the red white and blue style cobra on the gas cap and steering wheel. Also they had "CS" center caps.

Hey Socaljafo, I remember seeing a few posts back that your in GG. I'm from Garden Grove. I went to Rancho Alamitos. Class of 86. Do me a fav and send me a double double from In-n-Out Burger and I'll PayPal you 20 bucks!! :lol::lol:

Cool..

Thanks for the info...... :)

Yes, I was thinking, to be "balanced", the snake would be on the grille as well as the gas cap. One other thing I would like to see...is a "CS" for the steering wheel in lieu of the tri-bar pony. If I had photochop I would make one up. Hey, maybe....

Yes, I was thinking, to be "balanced", the snake would be on the grille as well as the gas cap. One other thing I would like to see...is a "CS" for the steering wheel in lieu of the tri-bar pony. If I had photochop I would make one up. Hey, maybe....

.....you are not allowed to make any changes to your Shelby GT. You were very clear of your preference and can not reverse your position now. :P

.....you are not allowed to make any changes to your Shelby GT. You were very clear of your preference and can not reverse your position now. :P

Hey, if its SAI approved, its ok right?? :lol:

Thanks Man. I can taste it already. Eventually they will expand to Wisconsin. Hell, there at Lake Havasu I hear. -FB

What?

You did not order it "Animal Style" ?

Come on! If your going to order a Double Double from In & Out, Do it big!! :)

Put me down for the Cap. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived