TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Greedy Dealers

Red 85 GT

Guest evilchris

I also think a lot of these guys paying huge adm don't really even like the car, just a status symbol, and they will replace with next year's status symbol. A friend of mine got an H2, upgraded to an H1, got a SRT10 Dodge (fast one with the viper engine) and is going up to get his gt40 next week. He is not really fanatic about any of these, but likes to drive a car that is showy and a symbol of the fact that he can buy it. Doesn't bother me, just wish I could play in his world.

The next status symbol I think will be the top of the line Challenger.

I buy cars that I like and don't give a :censored: what anyone else thinks about them.

Guys I want one of these too, but don't see the price get to where a true hard working Mustang fan will ever be able to afford one of these. I am going to try and hold out for the 08 Boss, but if they get stupid with it also. I will drop my lolality to Ford and buy the 08 Challenger. :banghead:

Guest evilchris

Guys I want one of these too, but don't see the price get to where a true hard working Mustang fan will ever be able to afford one of these. I am going to try and hold out for the 08 Boss, but if they get stupid with it also. I will drop my lolality to Ford and buy the 08 Challenger. :banghead:

The Mustang GT is a damn fine car and can be had for $25k.

Just to give heads up, Richmond Ford in Richmond,VA just auctioned #25 (red w/ white stripes, all the options) for $79,900 no less than a hour ago....

My sales guy at Richmond Ford told me that they would be getting some more in, but didn't know how they would handle the the sales of the rest. My guess is that they will auction the rest off for around the same price....

Congrats to the guy who bought it, I just feel sorry that you had to pay so much...

The poor person bought the car for $79.900.00 and next year want be able to sell it for $35.000.00. Smart move. People should just stay away from these cars for a few months so that these dealers will get right or get lost. I heard FoMoCo is getting ready to layoff more employee's. I hate to hear people being put out of a job, but I do like to hear on national news that FoMoCo is reporting losses again. FoMoCo should do something about customer service at the dealer level and maybe just maybe they can fix their problems before the dealers run all of their loyal Ford customers off. I was very loyal until now and now you couldn't give me a ford product. I will set back and watch it all unfold.

Just to give heads up, Richmond Ford in Richmond,VA just auctioned #25 (red w/ white stripes, all the options) for $79,900 no less than a hour ago....

My sales guy at Richmond Ford told me that they would be getting some more in, but didn't know how they would handle the the sales of the rest. My guess is that they will auction the rest off for around the same price....

Congrats to the guy who bought it, I just feel sorry that you had to pay so much...

How much of that mark up do you think relates to someone's belief (however delusional) that car "#25" has added value because it has that number? I know we've been over and over this, but why would someone pay 80 g's when the same car is on ebay and can be had for $60k? None of this makes any sense.

:doh:

Guest evilchris

How much of that mark up do you think relates to someone's belief (however delusional) that car "#25" has added value because it has that number? I know we've been over and over this, but why would someone pay 80 g's when the same car is on ebay and can be had for $60k? None of this makes any sense.

BECUZ d00d!!! You CAn SELl it in 2 Yewars for $1,000,000,000!!! #25!!!

I think common sense has left the building on this theres going to be alot of people kicking themselves in the ass a year or two from now. They aren't really checking out whats going on with these cars or the overall lay of the land. They hit the dealer showroom running with a open check book and don't question what they hear from a dealer they just roll with it and end up getting taking to the cleaners. Some dealers are straight up and the folks that do alot of posting here I'd do business with anytime. But some of the dealers are making it bad for the rest of them.

As we learned in a previous post, it is IMPOSSIBLE to know what the production # of any GT500 (Job One excluded). One of our members posted a letter from Ford proper that we won't be able to figure it all out until the end of the production year when Ford releases the list.

The person who bought it for $80k under the impression that it was car #25 should be notified of this swindle.

Yesterday at the dealer who thought I was delivering their first car I spoke witht the salesperson that sells most of their special interest cars. She told me that they were going to receive a total of 4 GT 500s. Three were sold already: 2@MSRP+30k and #3@+$50k. The real problem is: if you don't have a prior relationship that get's you MSRP - U R FU@KED!

Oh, just watch the eBay prices skyrocket later this year.

Guest evilchris

Yesterday at the dealer who thought I was delivering their first car I spoke witht the salesperson that sells most of their special interest cars. She told me that they were going to receive a total of 4 GT 500s. Three were sold already: 2@MSRP+30k and #3@+$50k. The real problem is: if you don't have a prior relationship that get's you MSRP - U R FU@KED!

$50k over? The dealer is full of shit. No one is paying $50k over considering you can take your pick at $15k over.

Ebay is going *down* bro, not skyrocketing. Cars can be had on ebay for as little as $9k over. Demand is decreasing as the supply rolls out. It's important to remember Ford is building at least 9000 of these cars at last estimate.

$50k over? The dealer is full of shit. No one is paying $50k over considering you can take your pick at $15k over.

Ebay is going *down* bro, not skyrocketing. Cars can be had on ebay for as little as $9k over. Demand is decreasing as the supply rolls out. It's important to remember Ford is building at least 9000 of these cars at last estimate.

E.c --They will never make 9,000 at the rate their going.

Guest evilchris

E.c --They will never make 9,000 at the rate their going.

I think they're ramping up. I also think they deliberately started slowly to artifically limit supply. The desired effect occured.

I also think they deliberately started slowly to artifically limit supply. The desired effect occured.

:hysterical2: I wonder exactly which effects they really intended. TY Chris, I needed a laugh this morning. Nothing like dry humour when one is about to talk to an idiot(here at work)

I think they're ramping up. I also think they deliberately started slowly to artifically limit supply. The desired effect occured.

E.C ----Probably right. The dealers like it so they can drain all the people with$$ or what ever they lack.

I can settle all this right now. Here we go.

-Ford sux

-Shelby is overrated

-The new GT500 sux

-The GT500 gets 2 MPG

-The dealers scratch up the cars and purposely drive them hard just to screw their buyers

- Everyone except me paid MSRP

- The vette Z06 kicks the GT500's ass even it if it had flat tires

- They are making 1,000,000 GT500's over the next year so it won't hold any value

- The suspension is too stiff and rides like crap

Did I miss anything?

I can settle all this right now. Here we go.

-Ford sux

-Shelby is overrated

-The new GT500 sux

-The GT500 gets 2 MPG

-The dealers scratch up the cars and purposely drive them hard just to screw their buyers

- Everyone except me paid MSRP

- The vette Z06 kicks the GT500's ass even it if it had flat tires

- They are making 1,000,000 GT500's over the next year so it won't hold any value

- The suspension is too stiff and rides like crap

Did I miss anything?

You missed one thing:

You don't have to buy the Z06 vette to KICK the GT500's ass you can get the 400hp vette and do the same thing. I was screwed out of at GT500 and have now ordered a vette. BEST thing I have ever done. :censored: FORD!!!!!!!

:hysterical2: Drop the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard right now, cobra. :hysterical:

Cobra is RIGHT ON! These cars aren't worth :censored: and never will be!!!

I would like to know how many dealers are going for arms and legs to pay for Shelbys. Lucky people that have a car already or people that know they are getting a car, please post how much. The dealer I am working with will not say anything on price or even if I can get the car. I was first to ask about the car at the dealer and they won't say anything one way or other.

Archived