TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Greedy Dealers

Red 85 GT

I would like to know how many dealers are going for arms and legs to pay for Shelbys. Lucky people that have a car already or people that know they are getting a car, please post how much. The dealer I am working with will not say anything on price or even if I can get the car. I was first to ask about the car at the dealer and they won't say anything one way or other.

Guest evilchris

I would like to know how many dealers are going for arms and legs to pay for Shelbys. Lucky people that have a car already or people that know they are getting a car, please post how much. The dealer I am working with will not say anything on price or even if I can get the car. I was first to ask about the car at the dealer and they won't say anything one way or other.

They're waiting for your $90k offer. As we all know, a car with 200 more HP than a $25k Mustang GT is worth another $65k. Just ask them.

That's what we get though, a $39k car with a $40k emblem on the back. Dealers here will say "but but you try and get good deals on our other cars so it's fair." Yeah, we try and get $40k off a $40k Expedition.

If your dealer is not willing to commit to anything at this point, I'd start looking somewhere else. Nothing good can come from your situation. Just my $0.02.

There are no guarantees, but keep looking, and maybe wait a bit. Hang in there.

There are no guarantees, but keep looking, and maybe wait a bit. Hang in there.

I am looking for a blue with white stripes every dealer beside one whants 20k over sticker i would get a zo6 before i would pay 20k over sticker if the dopes that pay over sticker would hold out not pay over sticker we would all be able to get on for sticker price but when time gos buy the the person thAT PAID 20 30 40 OVER STICKER WILL NOT GET EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT THEY PAID FOR THERE CAR .hold out! :rant:

I was #2 at my dealer 18 months ago and at this point the dealer sold the first 2 Shelby's for $13,000.00 over MSRP yet still tells me I'm getting one. I am losing all faith in these dealerships and ready to take my business somewhere else-permanently! It's no wonder why Ford is on the skids!

I was #2 at my dealer 18 months ago and at this point the dealer sold the first 2 Shelby's for $13,000.00 over MSRP yet still tells me I'm getting one. I am losing all faith in these dealerships and ready to take my business somewhere else-permanently! It's no wonder why Ford is on the skids!

I was number one on the list and when it came to order one, I was told that I had to pay $15k over sticker. I turned down the offer. Ever since then I have found another dealership that will order me a car for $10 over sticker. I am still debating paying that much over sticker. $5k would be do-able but not anymore. I am tempted to invest that extra 10k in a Saleen S281 SC mustang.

Abbas

Guest evilchris

I was number one on the list and when it came to order one, I was told that I had to pay $15k over sticker. I turned down the offer. Ever since then I have found another dealership that will order me a car for $10 over sticker. I am still debating paying that much over sticker. $5k would be do-able but not anymore. I am tempted to invest that extra 10k in a Saleen S281 SC mustang.

Abbas

I wouldn't buy a Saleen SC. They're about $20k overpriced too. I'm not saying they aren't nice, but damn Steve overcharges.

I wouldn't buy a Saleen SC. They're about $20k overpriced too. I'm not saying they aren't nice, but damn Steve overcharges.

The Saleens are over priced for what you get but just like the Shelby your paying a premium for those 6 letter words all over the car. On a positive note the Saleens will be a lot more rare that the Shelbys having a production run of only 1500 cars a year (plus you can find them well below MSRP). I have actually seen several new Saleens going for $10K to $15K under MSRP.

I payed 6500 over sticker and am happy. There are a lot of very greedy dealers but they cashed my down payment check and said I am getting the 2nd car that the dealers receiving from Ford. I believe they are trustworthy.I am waiting for my vin number any day. The first dealer I dealt with would not cash my $5000 deposit held the money for 3 months and then told me they could not sell me the GT 500 for 5000 dollars over MSRP. They said I could pay more with no price determined. I said send my check back which they did and started over.

Guest evilchris

I payed 6500 over sticker and am happy. There are a lot of very greedy dealers but they cashed my down payment check and said I am getting the 2nd car that the dealers receiving from Ford. I believe they are trustworthy.I am waiting for my vin number any day. The first dealer I dealt with would not cash my $5000 deposit held the money for 3 months and then told me they could not sell me the GT 500 for 5000 dollars over MSRP. They said I could pay more with no price determined. I said send my check back which they did and started over.

If they cashed your check you made it. You can sue their pants off if they try and reneg.

I am paying MSRP - Walked in cold off the street. Dealership has treated me like gold so far. Car is due this Sat. Aug. 19/06. Deposit May 05, #5 on their list.

Who`s your dealer ?This a dealer that everyone should know about.

THANKS

Abbas

I invested in a 07 vette. It was ordered last week. I was first on the list at my dealer and was told after some time that the bidding on the car would start at 20K over sticker. I have always been a Ford person, but never again. Once I sell the one I have there will never be a FoMoCo product in my driveway. I hope to see ford sink one day. They do not care for the customers and as long as people will pay that rediculous 10K-20K over sticker they will never start caring. I looked at the Saleen myself, but was so soured on Ford I went to where I could be treated right. You can buy vette's for under MSRP. Who cares about ford products anyway. :rant::rant::rant:

:rant:

A local dealer chager 20k over on the first one (63k) and person on the list (fool) paid it. I'm a low number on the list, I think I'll wait for a 08. The prices should be down to earth by then where they should be. These first ones will be out there. I've waited a year and a half, I can wait another year. Anyway good luck!

I don't agree about the prices droping. Simply because next year will be something new. If they build the KR like they are talking the prices will start at 30k over. So for us small folks we will have to wait till they strat showing up used on the lots. And we will still be paying 40K for it because the used dealers will think they have a gold mind. I will keep my 66 Shelby for the time being. It all started with the 03 Mach 1, My dealer did the same thing. Told me sticker price but once they saw how much they could get, price took off from their. All I can suggest is be patient. And maybe they will over produce the 500 Like the Mach 1. If they have a cash cow, bealive you me they will ride it till the cow's come home.

I don't agree about the prices droping. Simply because next year will be something new. If they build the KR like they are talking the prices will start at 30k over. So for us small folks we will have to wait till they strat showing up used on the lots. And we will still be paying 40K for it because the used dealers will think they have a gold mind. I will keep my 66 Shelby for the time being. It all started with the 03 Mach 1, My dealer did the same thing. Told me sticker price but once they saw how much they could get, price took off from their. All I can suggest is be patient. And maybe they will over produce the 500 Like the Mach 1. If they have a cash cow, bealive you me they will ride it till the cow's come home.

It's too early to say for sure, but it appears prices are dropping already. On the other hand, prices appeared to shoot up pretty quickly about a month ago...so pricing is back to where it was in May (sweet spot = $10k-$15k over MSRP)

I don't think there's any real dispute that prices will drop from where they are now. It is simply a function of the fact that demand pressure is at its peak this summer. It will go down from here. Looking forward, there is nothing that will make demand for the GT500 greater than it is currently...in large part because there's been a ton of press (all ADM-paying buyers are likely aware of the vehicle and they're in the market...and I'd guess the majority of MSRP-paying buyes are very aware of the vehicle).

On the other hand, there is significant evidence that the demand will decline: As buyers get their car they are removed from the demand pool (and the ADM-paying buyers are generally getting their cars first because they're the ones paying the "buy it now" prices for cars on the ground...so the "price pushing" buyers are removed first), and many substitute goods are hitting the market in the coming months and years...all going after the same (or similar) pool of buyers.

So, the only question is: how low will the price go? MSRP + ??; MSRP; MSRP - ??. Who knows...we all have our guesses. But I'll bet pinks that the average price paid this summer is higher than the average price paid next summer.

my guess is with regards to 07 Shelbys delivered in 06 - ADM will be prevalant, 07 Shelbys delivered in 07 - some ADM, but less prevalant.

08 Shelby delivered in 07, high ADMs just like now & 08 Shelbys delivered during 08, less ADM.

My point is that the greed driven dealers will squeeze every last drop of ADM out of the Shelby for as long as they can for both model years.

Guest evilchris

Production will ramp up, prices will fall. I think what you have are about 1000 buyers trying to buy from a pool of 200 cars. When 9000 of these are out there MSRP will be the norm.

Its all a matter of how long you are willing to wait. If you can wait a year or two or three - you might get a new one at MSRP.

Some have already been wrecked - I'm sure they'll be patched up and for sale cheap.

I started out, last year, saying I wouldn't pay more than MSRP but after months of searching through 50 plus dealers, I gave in and decided on an MSRP plus plan. If you want one this year be prepared to pay but you can still shop around for the best deal.

I invested in a 07 vette. It was ordered last week. I was first on the list at my dealer and was told after some time that the bidding on the car would start at 20K over sticker. I have always been a Ford person, but never again. Once I sell the one I have there will never be a FoMoCo product in my driveway. I hope to see ford sink one day. They do not care for the customers and as long as people will pay that rediculous 10K-20K over sticker they will never start caring. I looked at the Saleen myself, but was so soured on Ford I went to where I could be treated right. You can buy vette's for under MSRP. Who cares about ford products anyway. :rant::rant::rant:

I am not sure if this a Ford problem. Ford is setting the MSRP. The dealers are setting the overpaypment price. I had a car broker try and find me the car for less than 10k over sticker. He said that he called up all the smaller dealerships in the midwest. I live in CA. He said the smaller dealerships are inviting all the potential buyers to an auction and are auctioning off the cars. He said they are doing this method as it removes the blame off of them and puts it more on the buyers. I cancelled all my pre-orders. I would love to buy the Corvette but as a 2 seater, it has limitations for me. I presently own an 03 M3 but would like to get a new car. I like the looks of the new Mustang and would have loved to have a GT500.

The GT500 will drop in price next year. If Ford decides to produce another year or increase the production next year, the price will definetly fall just like it did with the Ford GT and Thunderbird. I really dont think at a production run of 18,000 cars that these cards will gain value in another 20 years. The only reason I wanted the GT500 was to drive it very fast, I really dont care about its value. I think the cars that will actually gain value are possibly the GT-H or the new GT Shelby. The GT500 seems to be a Ford with a Shelby name on it. It was not made in Shelby's plant. Out of curiosity, does the GT500 have Caroll Shelby's signature inside the car like the GT Shelby?

I figure I will lease an 06 or 07 Saleen S281SC for two years and then look into something else. Leasing is a business write off for me. I am buying it to drive fast, I really dont care about its value. When I can afford to buy a Ferrari then I will start worrying about value.

Abbas

Just to give heads up, Richmond Ford in Richmond,VA just auctioned #25 (red w/ white stripes, all the options) for $79,900 no less than a hour ago....

My sales guy at Richmond Ford told me that they would be getting some more in, but didn't know how they would handle the the sales of the rest. My guess is that they will auction the rest off for around the same price....

Congrats to the guy who bought it, I just feel sorry that you had to pay so much...

Guest evilchris

Just to give heads up, Richmond Ford in Richmond,VA just auctioned #25 (red w/ white stripes, all the options) for $79,900 no less than a hour ago....

My sales guy at Richmond Ford told me that they would be getting some more in, but didn't know how they would handle the the sales of the rest. My guess is that they will auction the rest off for around the same price....

Congrats to the guy who bought it, I just feel sorry that you had to pay so much...

Thank goodness he got a good deal. I would have felt sorry for him if he got one of the others out there for $54k.

Thank goodness he got a good deal. I would have felt sorry for him if he got one of the others out there for $54k.

some people just like to show off that they have more money than others. Bet he will get tired of his prize quickly, and some lucky bastard will get a good deal in a couple of years.

Guest evilchris

some people just like to show off that they have more money than others. Bet he will get tired of his prize quickly, and some lucky bastard will get a good deal in a couple of years.

I think the people who can just waste $40k on an ADM will be dismayed when 9000 cars are out there and they see 21 year olds driving them. They'll sell them off at a major loss then.

I also think a lot of these guys paying huge adm don't really even like the car, just a status symbol, and they will replace with next year's status symbol. A friend of mine got an H2, upgraded to an H1, got a SRT10 Dodge (fast one with the viper engine) and is going up to get his gt40 next week. He is not really fanatic about any of these, but likes to drive a car that is showy and a symbol of the fact that he can buy it. Doesn't bother me, just wish I could play in his world.

Archived