TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350?

jw last

Recently had some minor repairs done to #286 at a Ford dealer here in ABQ. When I picked the car up I noticed on the repair invoice under YEAR/MAKE/MODEL it stated 06/FORD/MUSTANG/GT350.

Does anybody know if Ford is "officially" calling the new GT-Hs the GT350? Or are all Shelby GTs (to include the GT-H) being carried as GT350s by Ford? Interstingly when I set up the repair over the phone I simply referred to the car as a GT, not a Shelby GT or GT-H, since that is how the VIN comes up for insurance proposes (which raises its own unique issues, but save that for another topic).

Recently had some minor repairs done to #286 at a Ford dealer here in ABQ. When I picked the car up I noticed on the repair invoice under YEAR/MAKE/MODEL it stated 06/FORD/MUSTANG/GT350.

Does anybody know if Ford is "officially" calling the new GT-Hs the GT350? Or are all Shelby GTs (to include the GT-H) being carried as GT350s by Ford? Interstingly when I set up the repair over the phone I simply referred to the car as a GT, not a Shelby GT or GT-H, since that is how the VIN comes up for insurance proposes (which raises its own unique issues, but save that for another topic).

I beleive they are recognized as a Mustang GT. Their original begining.

they are only known as mustang GT as per their origonal vin# as far as insurance goes.you need to get your insurance agent to insure you for the shelby parts so your not considered upside down in the car.the GT350 name is a direct conflict with ford and the GT500. it would only confuse the public so I doubt it will ever make it into the ford lineup.and yes the GT-H and shelby GT are the unoficial GT-350.besides why would they come out with a GT350 when the 500 has already been out for 2 years?should have been the other way around.

jw,

it seems Ford dealers are calling it a gt350. I've seen it on their ebay adds a bunch of times. But its nothing official. It fact, most of the members of this forum (the Shelby GT section anyway) scream foul everytime they find another example.

Amy says they are "years" away from building a new gt350, but the consensus here is its alot closer to becoming real than that......all specualtion of course.

My answer is no. There is no GT350 in production at this time, and IMHO, no expectation of same. Neither Ford nor Shelby is offering a GT350 at this time. Yes, there are some historic referrences to days gone by, but nothing in print from either Ford or Shelby. It's either a Shelby GT, or a Hertz GT-H

Take a peek here?

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=3142&hl=

Let's all stop fighting it. We should just give in and agree with the ebay ads/dealers; and start refering to our cars as GT-350s and GT-350Hs.

We can start by getting new rocker stripes that say "GT 350/GT 350H"

:D Just Kidding.

Why kid about it? Let's do it?

It could be as much fun as the faux gas cap and hood scoop threads...

Archived