TEAM SHELBY FORUM

tungsten convertible

finnario

post-4249-1154109899_thumb.jpgpost-4249-1154109687_thumb.jpgpost-4249-1154109778_thumb.jpgTungsten convertible arrived 7/27: Good folks at Young Ford in Charlotte, NC. I requested delivery still in plastic. Will post more/better pics next week after detail!

It''s a car they put together at the dealership, they have a tungsten like it on the showroom floor also.

Looks great! Any chance I can catch up with you one afternoon in the next week or so? I live in Mount Holly and work in downtown Charlotte.

I'm currently waiting to place the order for my alloy 'vert GT500. Would love to see yours in person and maybe go for a ride to get a first hand impression of the car.

If you're game, shoot me a PM. Regardless, I'll be watching for you :shift: around town.

Looks great! Any chance I can catch up with you one afternoon in the next week or so? I live in Mount Holly and work in downtown Charlotte.

I'm currently waiting to place the order for my alloy 'vert GT500. Would love to see yours in person and maybe go for a ride to get a first hand impression of the car.

If you're game, shoot me a PM. Regardless, I'll be watching for you :shift: around town.

sat in an alloy vert last night, if I get one...that's the one I want.... :happy feet:

sat in an alloy vert last night, if I get one...that's the one I want.... :happy feet:

was it a GT500 'vert? Or a regular GT?

What was your impression of the color?

I've always liked the previous gen cobras I've seen in the 'smoky gray' colors. This from someone who has never been a huge fan of Mustangs... always appreciated them, but didn't find the one that *I* liked enough to own until now. But the dark grey metallics always looked particularly mean to me for some reason. Black ranks up there, too, but seem more common and are harder to keep clean.

finnario> any word on my request above? I can sweeten the deal by treating you to a beer or two somewhere after the ride. :D

was it a GT500 'vert? Or a regular GT?

What was your impression of the color?

I've always liked the previous gen cobras I've seen in the 'smoky gray' colors. This from someone who has never been a huge fan of Mustangs... always appreciated them, but didn't find the one that *I* liked enough to own until now. But the dark grey metallics always looked particularly mean to me for some reason. Black ranks up there, too, but seem more common and are harder to keep clean.

finnario> any word on my request above? I can sweeten the deal by treating you to a beer or two somewhere after the ride. :D

Oh it was a Gt 500 alloy vert wilh silver side stripes, it was hot looking, I've always been a red or black coupe guy but I sat in a vista blue coupe and I thought the stripes looked cheap, but I like stripes...these just didn't do it for me....the side stripe are plenty for me and the vert just looked like a lot of fun...dealer is holding on to it for highest offer...a-hole. :rant:

This car looks so much meaner without the over the top stripes, love it.

Yeah, I agree to an extent. I think it depends on what look you are going for. Sans stripe looks meaner (with the right color), but if you want everyone to immediately recognize it as a Shelby and not a standard mustang, I think stripes are the way to go.

If you have no stripes, true Mustang enthusiasts will know the difference, but the average Joe on the street will probably think its "just a Mustang" until he winds up several car lengths behind you trying to read those little S-H-E-L-B-Y letters way up ahead.

I also think a lot depends on the base colors. IMO, some colors look better with the stripes (red w/white stripes comes to mind) while others look better sans stripes (grays and blacks). Of course, that's just my opinion.

Hey, finnario, when do I get to see your car? I gotta live vicariously through you here in Charlotte until I can get my hands on mine. :lol:

Guest evilchris

Yeah, I agree to an extent. I think it depends on what look you are going for. Sans stripe looks meaner (with the right color), but if you want everyone to immediately recognize it as a Shelby and not a standard mustang, I think stripes are the way to go.

If you have no stripes, true Mustang enthusiasts will know the difference, but the average Joe on the street will probably think its "just a Mustang" until he winds up several car lengths behind you trying to read those little S-H-E-L-B-Y letters way up ahead.

Who cares what other people think? I've never driven a car *I* like around thinking " man, I hope the guy next to me likes it and knows what it is "

Stripes DEFINITELY don't mean "Shelby" either as striped s197's are a dime a dozen.

I also think a lot depends on the base colors. IMO, some colors look better with the stripes (red w/white stripes comes to mind) while others look better sans stripes (grays and blacks). Of course, that's just my opinion.

Hey, finnario, when do I get to see your car? I gotta live vicariously through you here in Charlotte until I can get my hands on mine. :lol:

Sorry, it's been too hot in Charlotte for top down! Will be cruisin' this weekend/next week & will be happy to show it to you.

Sorry, it's been too hot in Charlotte for top down! Will be cruisin' this weekend/next week & will be happy to show it to you.

I understand... I'm almost kind of glad I won't be getting mine for a few months because of this heat. Just shoot me a PM through this site as we approach a weekend you have some free time and think you'll have the new toy out. I can cruise over (I live in Mount Holly) and meet you somewhere to drool at the sweetness.

evilchris... I agree with you to the extent I'm going to buy what I like whether it is something that looks more Shelby-esque or that looks more aggressive. However, I don't agree with your statement about striping and Shelbys. Sure, lots of non-Shelby Mustangs have rally stripes. So, it can be said those Mustangs resemble a Shelby. The converse is not true, though. Historically, Shelbys have most always had stripes and I think that is part of the persona of cars bearing his name (GTs, GT40s, Cobras, GT350s, GT500s). It's not an absolute requirement, but they are far more common with than without. And, I base this strictly on prior Ford/Shelbys, not necessarily the S197 offerings.

I understand... I'm almost kind of glad I won't be getting mine for a few months because of this heat. Just shoot me a PM through this site as we approach a weekend you have some free time and think you'll have the new toy out. I can cruise over (I live in Mount Holly) and meet you somewhere to drool at the sweetness.

evilchris... I agree with you to the extent I'm going to buy what I like whether it is something that looks more Shelby-esque or that looks more aggressive. However, I don't agree with your statement about striping and Shelbys. Sure, lots of non-Shelby Mustangs have rally stripes. So, it can be said those Mustangs resemble a Shelby. The converse is not true, though. Historically, Shelbys have most always had stripes and I think that is part of the persona of cars bearing his name (GTs, GT40s, Cobras, GT350s, GT500s). It's not an absolute requirement, but they are far more common with than without. And, I base this strictly on prior Ford/Shelbys, not necessarily the S197 offerings.

Will do!

Archived