TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Museum Delivery Questions

CH53Driver

OK, so now that I have ordered my 08 SGT Coupe, I have a few questions that I thought someone might be able to answer (excuse me if these have already been answered somewhere).

1) If you want to do the musuem delivery option, how do you go about it? (the twist here is that I ordered through the military car sales program...as of now the car is being delivered to a Ford dealership in NC...is there a way to change that?)

2) If you do the museum delivery, how far out do you know when the car will be ready for pick up? (in other words, I would need to take leave, get a plane ticket, etc.)

3) When people pick up their car at SAI, what about tags, liscense, taxes, etc (or paying their car off like I will have to do when I go to the dealership)?

4) Vehicle options; I know that you can upgrade with different options while the car is at SAI (superchargers, brakes, wheels, etc) so how do you go about that?

I already have the VIN# to my car, but so far it doesn't show up when I punch it in to the Shelby VIN # search, so I am assuming the car has yet to arrive or at a minimum hasn't been entered into the system yet. I am in no rush as I am looking to take delivery no earlier than the end of March (which is when my car is scheduled to be delivered at the Ford dealership). Thanks for any and all answers/suggestions.

If you really want to do the Museum delivery start by calling SAI and giving them your VIN number. They will make a note and flag your car when it gets there. Once you do that then you can make arangements with SAI to have any upgrades you would like. The catch is that you have to take care of all the legal stuff before SAI can do any modifications. You have to pay for the car which should result in the titling and registration. Then you pay SAI separately for the modifications. I thik thee are a few who have lumped it all into the purchase but the wasn't my case. Also, I picked my car up in May so things probably have changed a bit.

I did my museum delivery yesterday, and can't recommend it enough. It was great to meet all the people at SAI. The day will be remembered forever. I'll do a post with pictures later, but you HAVE to figure out how to get your car that way.

Don't tease us! "Pictures later" could be later today, tomorrow, or on the same day SAI announces the ultimate hood scoop fix (no hijack intended). ;) Congratulations to you. Looking forward to not only the photos but your write up of the experience as well. Jim

Archived