TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Learned Something Really Important Today!

DreamRide

Dont try to race a GT40 (New, No Plates), You don't have enough...................... :)

But, that <bleep> thing was SaWeeeeeeeet! :)

Dont try to race a GT40 (New, No Plates), You don't have enough...................... :)

Sorry about the double post! (Bleep'n) CGI thing! :angry:

Looks like you've got a reason to get a supercharger now! :D Wait, you might still lose that race and less you up the boost to 10 or more lbs., but then you might need to replace the engine after you blow the bottom end. :P

Confucious say,Pick on someone in our league! :lol: They are sweet just to see one,Hearing one at full throttle is waaaaaaaaaaaay better!

That is like bringing a knife to a gun fight! Although we have some sweet looking knives...

:blink:

More like using a blow gun as a sniper rifle at 150 yards........................... :lol:

LOL :lol:

It was brand new with some old guy drivin it, well, older then me :lol: . White /black stripes. I think he thought i was maybe a GT500 cause he kept pacin me and sticking with me thrugh traffic. So i wanted to hear it with some throttle so , i finally from a roll , nailed it and jumped him about a car but that was all she wrote and it sounded so bitchen going bye bye. So then the next light we end up side by side and roll down the window and say , "Right on!, I only got around 330 at the crank, but i had to hear you get on it. Thats when i think he relized it was not a Gt500, and kinda smeerked and went DooH!, and said, "Yeah, I think this is 525 or something" Obviously, had some money to spend and did not know what the power he was buying but, just the same he was drivin it and i was not, LOL :lol: It was a nice machine though.

More like using a blow gun as a sniper rifle at 150 yards........................... :lol:

It was brand new with some old guy drivin it, well, older then me :lol: . White /black stripes. I think he thought i was maybe a GT500 cause he kept pacin me and sticking with me thrugh traffic. So i wanted to hear it with some throttle so , i finally from a roll , nailed it and jumped him about a car but that was all she wrote and it sounded so bitchen going bye bye. So then the next light we end up side by side and roll down the window and say , "Right on!, I only got around 330 at the crank, but i had to hear you get on it. Thats when i think he relized it was not a Gt500, and kinda smeerked and went DooH!, and said, "Yeah, I think this is 525 or something" Obviously, had some money to spend and did not know what the power he was buying but, just the same he was drivin it and i was not, LOL :lol: It was a nice machine though.

Sounds like fun.......gee...an old guy driving it.....what a surprise! :lol:

The closest time i ever got to owning one of those fine machines was I had a guy who had one who wanted to trade me for my 67 gt500. he had , get this, won it in a contest!!!. The one reason I did not do it was because it was red and I wanted a silver one. I sat in a couple and could just picture myself in it. The other reason is after selling my gt500 I not only paid for my sgt sc but had plenty left over to put in the bank. a much better logical choice for a normal guy like me.

That's a freaking sweet story. :D :D

There is a brand new candy apple red Ferrari in Terrell that I am dying to race (and subsequently get my a$$ handed to me in the process) but how cool would that be?

so you want to be just like those "annoying ricers" are to us?.......j/k.

We all talk about looky loos, but I am one of the worst when it comes to seeing an exotic, Like a little kid pointing from the curb when something hot drives by...

..........at least now they smile back, stop & talk, compliment my car, etc.......the wonders of a Shelby! :D :D

There is a brand new candy apple red Ferrari in Terrell that I am dying to race (and subsequently get my a$$ handed to me in the process) but how cool would that be?

:lol:

Kinda worth gettin your a$$ handed to you, just to see it and hear it go!

so you want to be just like those "annoying ricers" are to us?.......j/k.

We all talk about looky loos, but I am one of the worst when it comes to seeing an exotic, Like a little kid pointing from the curb when something hot drives by...

..........at least now they smile back, stop & talk, compliment my car, etc.......the wonders of a Shelby! :D :D

No kiddin! :lol:

Never thought of that...................... :)

I guess the big difference is that i did it only once instead of 5 or 6? :rolleyes:

At least it was good old american steel! :)

that was a sweet story...i was disappointed the first time I heard the Fort GT ( at idle). but when he rolled away ( pretty hard) it sounded like a million bucks ( well 1/6 of a mil anyway)

I had a neat "underdog" encounter pulling out of my neighborhood a few years ago. I was in my 95 nissan /stillen stage 7 300 twin turbo zx.....enlarged turbos, 14-15 lbs of boost, JWT ecu, large throttle bodies, twin big KN CIAs, hi cap FIs, custom 3'exhaust/hi flow cats etc. about 550 hp. I was behind my neighbor Bill, in his 99 355 Ferarri cab .

Well, Bill knew cars real well, knew my porsche real well, but he NEVER never paid any attention to the "Nissan" in my garage. As we left, I started to go around him as we pulled out onto the highway in front of our community and he hit it hard..them red cars sound great. I fell behind him (losing ground) and when the turbos spooled up, proceeded to go by him rather decisively.......tires spinnin thru the top half of 2nd and 3 rd gear. . Next time I saw Bill, he was in my driveway,with lots of questions about my nissan. when he understood what it was, he said ( in good humor) "well. it was bad enough how quickly you went by me in that $20,000 P.O.S.....but the real insult was the 1000 feet of tire smoke you left IN FRONT OF ME AFTER YOU WENT BY !!"

chalk up one for the underdog

that was a sweet story...i was disappointed the first time I heard the Fort GT ( at idle). but when he rolled away ( pretty hard) it sounded like a million bucks ( well 1/6 of a mil anyway)

I had a neat "underdog" encounter pulling out of my neighborhood a few years ago. I was in my 95 nissan /stillen stage 7 300 twin turbo zx.....enlarged turbos, 14-15 lbs of boost, JWT ecu, large throttle bodies, twin big KN CIAs, hi cap FIs, custom 3'exhaust/hi flow cats etc. about 550 hp. I was behind my neighbor Bill, in his 99 355 Ferarri cab .

Well, Bill knew cars real well, knew my porsche real well, but he NEVER never paid any attention to the "Nissan" in my garage. As we left, I started to go around him as we pulled out onto the highway in front of our community and he hit it hard..them red cars sound great. I fell behind him (losing ground) and when the turbos spooled up, proceeded to go by him rather decisively.......tires spinnin thru the top half of 2nd and 3 rd gear. . Next time I saw Bill, he was in my driveway,with lots of questions about my nissan. when he understood what it was, he said ( in good humor) "well. it was bad enough how quickly you went by me in that $20,000 P.O.S.....but the real insult was the 1000 feet of tire smoke you left IN FRONT OF ME AFTER YOU WENT BY !!"

chalk up one for the underdog

Sweeeeeet! :)

Archived