TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Boost Gauge

LuisA

Hello, I am a new member. I took delivery of my GT500 yesterday and noticed that the boost gauge was reading zero. I informed the dealer and was told that there will be no boost until after 100 miles or so. This just doesn't sound right. Is it?

LuisA

Hello, I am a new member. I took delivery of my GT500 yesterday and noticed that the boost gauge was reading zero. I informed the dealer and was told that there will be no boost until after 100 miles or so. This just doesn't sound right. Is it?

LuisA

It comes from the factory that way. You must drive for about 20kilometers @> 4000 rpm and away you go. The other option is to turn the car on and off (others will correct me but I believe it is about 50 times) before the super charger will cut in.

I called SVT......they said that car must be ran for 5 miles continuously or the ignition switch has to be turned back and forth 50 times for the boost to be enabled. They recommend running the car 5 miles.......then drive at 35MPH in 6th gear and floor the accelerator......boost should jump right up.

LuisA

Archived