TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Decal vs plaque

HARALD KELLEY

What is everyone doing with the dash plaque received from SAI?

My decal is in great shape, but the new plaque is better looking. Not sure if I should take the decal off or leave it as is.

My first inclination is to change the decal, that is why we are given the plaque. Any thoughts on this topic?

Harald # 50

Harald and All,

Truth be told, I contacted John at SAI this week to inquire into the possibility of a metal dash plaque for the GT-H cars. While I hate to come off as ungrateful, the 'plaque' for the GT-H is pretty much a nicer version of the sticker that came in the car from Hertz.

Top preference would be an engraved metal plaque that looks just like what we have, although I realize that would be a different production run and may be cost prohibitive. I'd like to see an original Carroll signature like the GT500 plaques.

Second preference would be the current plaque used in the SGT's, but with all lettering in black on silver background. This would allow the same tooling with a nod to the black/silver plaques in the GT-H car's at purchase.

Third preference would be the current plaque used in the SGT's as-is.

So, fellow GT-H owners, what do you think? Would you pay for something like this??? The GT500 crew got custom dash plaques, it can happen! :D

To each their own, some like concours, I bought the car for me. Heck, when you get right down to it a Shelby is a car that started life as something else, then was modified to be a Shelby. Mods are part of the Shelby heritage!

If there is interest in a metal dash plaque for the GT-H, please let me know. If I'm the only taker I'll only have one made up!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived