TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT transmission swap

fatboy_merged

ok silly question i was wondering if the SGT can have the manual trans replaced with an automatic or vice versa...not planning on swapping anytime soon but maybe in future. if i do i could keep my original trans stored away right? if so how do you store away transmissions?

being that my SGT is a daily driver i may grow weary of shifting. but i still love the manual. but i may need automatic someday. right now i dont have the room for a 2nd vehicle nor i can i afford one at this time.

just need some input.

Mechanically, nothing is impossible, it's a matter of how much you want to spend.

Off the top of my head, you should expect a few wiring harness issues, EEC reprogramming (possibly replacement), tranny cooler, speedo and misc sensor errors, interior/console, warning lights, and so on.

I think you will find it quite a challenge.

Mechanically, nothing is impossible, it's a matter of how much you want to spend.

Off the top of my head, you should expect a few wiring harness issues, EEC reprogramming (possibly replacement), tranny cooler, speedo and misc sensor errors, interior/console, warning lights, and so on.

I think you will find it quite a challenge.

:blink: ewww...nevermind then :rolleyes:

Archived