TEAM SHELBY FORUM

D_PLAN

Dont think so but you can buy one under the ADM-PLAN that the one where you pay over MSRP. Most if not all dealers are asking over msrp right now and to my understanging most of the 2007 are spoken for and are probly not going to be sold for MSRP any time soon.

I think you can if your particular dealer agrees to it,cant you???

Ford won't pay the dealer the "plan" compensation on a Shelby. D plan is less than dealer invoice.

:shift:

bj

Guest evilchris

Dont think so but you can buy one under the ADM-PLAN that the one where you pay over MSRP. Most if not all dealers are asking over msrp right now and to my understanging most of the 2007 are spoken for and are probly not going to be sold for MSRP any time soon.

rofl, ADM-Plan, LOVE IT!

This is true. BUT. Try figuring out what the compensation from Ford is, then offer it to get the Plan price. It may be a while, unless you have a PowerLease like I did, before the dealer would consider a Plan price. But, what I did was get the dealer to accept X-Plan, and if X-Plan wasn't available, to accept the same money to him as X-Plan. X-Plan price was about $100 under Invoice price. When the announcement came out that there would be X-Plan (for example) but no cash incentive from Ford to take it, we worked out what the cash from Ford would have been and I made that up to the dealer. It turned out to be $760, so I payed the dealer $660 over invoice. Since X-Plan precludes processing fees, they were not added in to my price either. The net result was approximately $3200 under MSRP to me. Would have been $3800 if Ford had provided the incentive cash, but I still made out. Look at the big picture, and sometimes spending a little more can still net you some savings in the long run.

ISELL -

My car did come with the X-Plan price calculated for the dealer, and it was identical to the number provided earlier on this site. No incentive cash as I said above.

Guest evilchris

How many months will Ford credit loan on a Shelby? 48, 60, 72? & what is the % rates. Thanks

Get a loan through a credit union. Ford Credit rates will SUCK on this car, just like they do for Mustang GT.

I agree. And better yet, make it a home equity loan so you can write off the interest. :happy feet:

Just compairing rates. I am a member at a credit union but the they only go 48 months (ouch).

I like the home equity loan idea....tell me more so I can check into it. I have been in my house 3+ years & I'm not sure if it's built up enough yet.

Guest evilchris

Just compairing rates. I am a member at a credit union but the they only go 48 months (ouch).

I like the home equity loan idea....tell me more so I can check into it. I have been in my house 3+ years & I'm not sure if it's built up enough yet.

How much did you put down on your house? If private I understand...

But, you have that + any appreciation you can borrow against.

Your bank will probably require an appraisal to get today's value. Just subtract your loan balance from that and you have your available equity. If you put a down payment on your home equal to or greater than the amount you want to borrow, you are probably good to go (unless your house has decreased in value). My credit union offers loan terms from 1 to 20 years. The interest my CU is offering is about 1% higher than an auto loan, but if you can write it off on your taxes you may end up on the plus side.

I believe that Bank of america has a home equity loan that they will give you up 90% of your homes value if you have good credit. However most Banks only offer up 80% of your home value.

It is the best way to go mainly just for the tax write off. I use it for my credit card.But I warn you only do this if you are good handling money. It not a good idea because you can loose your house if you can't make the car payment. but you would get to keep the car and that may be enough after loosing your home.

I believe that Bank of america has a home equity loan that they will give you up 90% of your homes value if you have good credit. However most Banks only offer up 80% of your home value.

It is the best way to go mainly just for the tax write off. I use it for my credit card.But I warn you only do this if you are good handling money. It not a good idea because you can loose your house if you can't make the car payment. but you would get to keep the car and that may be enough after loosing your home.

My CU will actually loan up to 100% of the value. Credit Unions often have somewhat better terms than a bank.

Sure it is! The ADM-Plan! Every dealer is using it!

Wrong! It does not matter how many people post they are paying M.S.R.P., you 'evilchris' seem to take great satisfaction and enjoyment of telling a story. Even in this thread there is someone paying under M.S.R.P.

JB

Guest evilchris

Wrong! It does not matter how many people post they are paying M.S.R.P., you 'evilchris' seem to take great satisfaction and enjoyment of telling a story. Even in this thread there is someone paying under M.S.R.P.

JB

People paying under sticker used Powerlease's which don't count as they aren't part of the dealer's allocation.

I also think half the people saying they paid sticker are just embarassed =)

There are two common types of "home equity" loans, and often people confuse them. Your choices are basically a home equity loan, which acts like your first mortgage (set term, can select fixed rate, etc.), OR a HELOC (Home Equity Line Of Credit). Both of these types of loans are sometimes referred to as 2nd mortgages because your house serves as collateral. The HELOC is a LINE OF CREDIT, meaning you establish the line of credit up front, then only borrow what you need. In other words, it acts more like a credit card. The interest rate varies with market rates, so your payment may increase if rates go up...this is one of the risks. The other thing you should check on is fees. One other difference is that most HELOCs have a minimum payment that reflects only interest. Therefore, if you pay only the minimum, you will NEVER pay off the loan.

Then things start to get complicated. On a HELOC, Most banks will only loan up to 75% of the value of the home. If you had a 30 year mortgage to start with, and you are 3 years into it, the only way you'd be past 25% equity (assuming a standard 20% downpayment) is through appreciation of your house. Also keep in mind that people who opt for less than 20% down on a traditional mortgage must pay PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance). If you still have PMI, it's unlikely your bank would allow a HELOC or home equity loan.

Note that to determine these equity amounts, somehow the bank must know the value of your house. Therefore, someone will have to pay for an appraisal...one of the fees to watch for.

The benefit of the tax deduction depends on your tax bracket. To compare a HELOC to a "non deductible" loan from a credit union, use the simple formula of rate_from_credit_union*(1-marginal tax rate). For example, if you are in the 28% tax bracket, and you have the option of two different loans (an 8% HELOC that's tax-deductible or a 6% non-deductible loan), then you'd compare the 6% loan to 8%(1-.28) = 5.76%....therefore the HELOC would be a slightly better deal.

This is a very simplified look at the options...there are way too many options, twists, and turns to easily discuss every combination in this forum. Good luck.

Dave

People paying under sticker used Powerlease's which don't count as they aren't part of the dealer's allocation.

I also think half the people saying they paid sticker are just embarassed =)

Not me. You can call my dealership, Hastings Ford, and ask my salesman. Click here for the information. I have every reason to believe most people are paying M.S.R.P. Heck, this is my first time I've paid M.S.R.P. for any new vehicle; Harley's included when they had a waiting list.

JB

Guest evilchris

Not me. You can call my dealership, Hastings Ford, and ask my salesman. Click here for the information. I have every reason to believe most people are paying M.S.R.P. Heck, this is my first time I've paid M.S.R.P. for any new vehicle; Harley's included when they had a waiting list.

JB

You really think "most people" are paying MSRP?

Archived